Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Person of Interest -- "Allegiance" -- 3/25/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Person of Interest -- "Allegiance" -- 3/25/14

FINCH AND REESE MUST PLAY POLITICS WHEN THE LATEST POI IS HUNTING A UNITED NATIONS DIPLOMAT, ON "PERSON OF INTEREST," TUESDAY, MARCH 25

"Allegiance" - Finch and Reese must delve into the murky waters of international politics when they are given the number of a former government contractor who is stalking a UN diplomat. Also, an enemy attempts to gain an upper hand on Root, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, March 25 (10:01 - 11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Jim Caviezel (John Reese)
Michael Emerson (Harold Finch)
Kevin Chapman (Detective Lionel Fusco)
Sarah Shahi (Sameen Shaw)
Amy Acker (Root)

RECURRING CAST:

John Nolan (Greer)

GUEST CAST:

Nazneen Contractor (Maria)
Haaz Sleiman (Omar)
Michael Gill (LaPointe)
William Aradie (Sevon)
Casey Biggs (Davis)
Usman Ally (Jamal)
Nicholas Kohn (Detention Guard #1)
Amr El-Bayoumi (Legionnaire #3)
Robert L. Gorman (Annoyed Man)
Malachy Cleary (Attorney)
Maceo Oliver (NYPD Patrolman)
Alec Beard (UN Guard #1)

WRITTEN BY: Tony Camerino

DIRECTED BY: Jeffrey Hunt

Read more: Listings - PERSON OF INTEREST on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wzn1QJUq

Episode 18 of 23

Sounds like a regular POI case episode even though Root is in it.
Old 03-25-14, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Person of Interest -- "Allegiance" -- 3/25/14

This was mostly filler. Sadly the only arc-centric scenes featured Root. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I was hoping she'd get herself killed. I'm just glad she didn't get Bear killed (I was expecting John Nolan's goons to shoot him). Also, way for the writers to make Harold totally useless by having Root call in with the exact information they needed.

Seriously, at the this point, why do we even need the rest of the cast if Root and the machine are so omnicient?
Old 03-26-14, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
This was mostly filler. Sadly the only arc-centric scenes featured Root. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I was hoping she'd get herself killed. I'm just glad she didn't get Bear killed (I was expecting John Nolan's goons to shoot him). Also, way for the writers to make Harold totally useless by having Root call in with the exact information they needed.

Seriously, at the this point, why do we even need the rest of the cast if Root and the machine are so omnicient?
The whole episode was arc centric. The stolen generators are to power Samaritan. The machine isn't omniscient which is shown here. It's trying to find the generators to find the other machine.
Old 03-26-14, 10:53 AM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

poi is my favorite network show

however this one was a yawner

i found everything predictable and boring

the "she's with me guy" being a bad guy - predictable

the minute they made the comment about dude finding "a better offer for the generators" you already seen the connection - predictable

could of did without the lovey dovey shit or that fusco/shaw interaction

btw...WHO HAD THE MOST REDICULOUS FIGHT SCENE? cant say shaw this time, reese going out that window probably wins this time

---

the whole episode was centered around root going after greer...and they end it on the thought of root possibly turning back to the darkside?
Old 03-26-14, 08:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I really can't stand the character of Sameen Shaw - the exiting/'death' of Carter - really in my mind has made the show worse. The prior episode to this one, 'Root Path' was soooo goddamn boring.
Old 03-26-14, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

mediocre episode, though it was funny to see Nazneen Contractor (Maria) at the UN again.

and by that, I mean she was on 24 Day 8, which centered around the UN.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 03-27-14 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-27-14, 10:57 AM
ATX

yeah i immediately thought 24 after seeing her

actually the dude was on 24 also back in that season where Wayne Palmer was pres

they put that Maria Martinez easter egg in the prev episode...you woulda thought it would be for a major plot or something instead of just a 1-off episode
Old 03-27-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

This has been a very frustrating season for me...I like the show but this has been an up and down season. This episode being a down one.
Old 03-27-14, 12:46 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by d2cheer
This has been a very frustrating season for me...I like the show but this has been an up and down season. This episode being a down one.
it's almost like the season was wrote to end with the death of carter and the end of HR (that was more like a season finale)

then they had like 4 mediocre "transitional" episodes to follow

then a couple decent eps / new storyline

mix in some hiatuses

couple decent eps

the return of vigillence smh

garbage eps

yeah i can see how one would be frustrated
Old 03-27-14, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually think the show's been better since Carter's death. The problem has been that the new characters they brought in have sucked terribly. Shaw has just been poorly written and makes me remember how much better I liked it when it was just Reese and Finch. Don't get me started about Root. The character is so over the top and with her being able to talk directly to the machine just makes her that much more unrealistic. Plus with all she can do because of the machine, she makes every character moot.

On that note though, this season has had some of my favorite episodes of the entire series.
Old 03-27-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

It's a matter of balance. Shaw is largely a female version of Reese with a few different personality quirks. I guess we are supposed to remember that most of the people in Reese's line of work are more like Shaw than him. I don't think the show needs two enforcers, most of the time.

I wonder if Shaw's character is being built up for her own spin-off? That would make a lot of sense for CBS.
Old 03-27-14, 07:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I wonder if Shaw's character is being built up for her own spin-off? That would make a lot of sense for CBS.
No, "Person of Interest" does not have the name recognition and ratings (18-49 demo) needed to launch a spinoff. It always has been a Top 10 scripted 10 show in viewers, but this season its demo and viewership is down.

Also, the President of CBS said a few months ago that Shaw is Nolan's POI version of Catwoman.
Old 03-27-14, 07:32 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by robin2099
I actually think the show's been better since Carter's death. The problem has been that the new characters they brought in have sucked terribly. Shaw has just been poorly written and makes me remember how much better I liked it when it was just Reese and Finch. Don't get me started about Root. The character is so over the top and with her being able to talk directly to the machine just makes her that much more unrealistic. Plus with all she can do because of the machine, she makes every character moot.

On that note though, this season has had some of my favorite episodes of the entire series.
Most of the episodes since Carter's death have been either heavily Root-centric or Shaw-centric, though, so why do you think those episodes have been so good?
Old 03-28-14, 04:39 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by tellor
Most of the episodes since Carter's death have been either heavily Root-centric or Shaw-centric, though, so why do you think those episodes have been so good?
yeah, seems like a contradiction

i think i only truly enjoyed like 4 eps since carter died
Old 03-28-14, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

The episode with Dillinger was the best post-Carter episode until Root showed up at the end to remind us of her annoying presence.
Old 03-28-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tellor
Well like I said this season has had some of my favorite episodes in it namely the ones in which Shaw wasn't has big of a part. The three part episode about Reese and Carters war with HR was the show at it's finest. I also think the episode with Reese on the plane was great fun and had some of the best hand to hand combat scenes the show has ever done.

But the presence of Shaw and Root is making this show remind me of Human Target. That show had a cast that played off of each other well and had good charisma, then in season two they added two females that completely threw everything out of wack.