Reload this Page >

Shameless - "Liver, I Hardly Know Her" - 3/23/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-23-14, 06:21 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

Season 4, Episode 10
Episode Synopsis: Fiona goes wild and violates multiple terms of her probation by partying with Robbie's degenerate friends. A search for her gets underway when she fails to contact anyone. Original Air Date: Mar 23, 2014

Last edited by dex14; 03-24-14 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-24-14, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts
Re: Shameless - "Liver, I Hardly Know Her" - 3/23/14

Wasn't Frank told he was near death the last time he was in the hospital and that he wouldn't likely get a liver before that? Now all of a sudden his condition is bad enough that he's moved to the top of the list? Frank still doesn't have insurance so who is paying for the surgery? Now that Frank is (illegally?) married to Sheila, maybe he's on her insurance and they don't care about pre-existing conditions? So being married to Frank will make it easier for Sheila to adopt John Redcorn's kids?

It was pretty funny to hear that they had taken Frank's kidney. So was the guy "giving" the liver in on the scam? If so so then why was he freaking out? Maybe he thought he was giving part of his liver and they took one of his kidneys too.

I was worried that Mickey would end up shooting one of Kev's babies.
Old 03-24-14, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be pretty clear that to sell the act of the scam, the donator had to act a bit unwilling.

I thought Fiona already hit that low. That story arch has just become so fucking boring to me. I'm guessing that with her in this much shit, she's just going to fess up to what actually happened (in that the dude's brother was the one who left the drugs) and they'll probably lower her sentence to get the bigger fish of the douche.

But yeah, i really miss the days of jimmy/steve, cause this fiona is a straight up fuck up who I stopped giving a shit about.
Old 03-24-14, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 183 Likes on 158 Posts

This is supposed to be the 10th episode in the season isn't it?
Old 03-24-14, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope Fiona rat Robbie out. Fuck him.
Old 03-24-14, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Really been enjoying this season, but this episode left me wanting a bit. They need to defuse the Kevin/Mickey thing immediately. I liked the idea of them working together and as one of my favorite characters, I don't like seeing Kevin involved in "heavy" storylines.

I loved Sheila's response upon learning they stole Frank's kidney. "Oh no! Darn it!" That actress cracks me up.
Old 03-24-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Didn't Samantha say the reason she couldn't donate part of her liver earlier in the season because she had a different blood type? But she told the medic she was the same blood type, O positive.

So was she lying earlier? Or is there some other scam going on?
Old 03-25-14, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

She has the same blood type but that alone doesn't make you a match. She was not a match.
Old 03-25-14, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom
Wasn't Frank told he was near death the last time he was in the hospital and that he wouldn't likely get a liver before that? Now all of a sudden his condition is bad enough that he's moved to the top of the list?
Something to do with having a kidney stolen, maybe? Not sure - I'm grasping at straws with this show now.
Old 03-25-14, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

It does seem like he would likely need to recover from the lost kidney stuff before undergoing another major surgery.
Old 03-25-14, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

The Fiona stuff just isn't doing it for me. I get it. She's a Gallagher, so when things are going good they'll find a way to fuck it up. It just hasn't exactly been an enjoyable arc. I miss Jimmy.

I really hope the Mickey/Kevin stuff doesn't end in a bad way. They are both enjoyable characters so I would hate to see one of them go. I think them as business partners was a good idea, they shouldn't have ruined that.

Kevin tripping and the shotgun going off was way funnier than it should have been.