Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Superman/Batman (Plus whoever) or Captain America - Which would you see first?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Superman/Batman (Plus whoever) or Captain America, which would see first?
Superman/Batman
48.78%
Captain America
51.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-14, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this time, on May 6, 2016 Superman/Batman and Captain America will be coming to the Movie Theater.

Which movie would see first?
Old 03-15-14, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Superman/Batman (Plus whoever) or Captain America - Which would you see first?

I voted for Superman/Batman, if done right, this could be epic. Superman has always been my favorite Superhero, the two together is a dream come true.
-Throw in Wonder Woman (at least Diana Prince)
-Maybe Flash or someone else

But, I would still go see CA, most likely on the same weekend.
Old 03-15-14, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Superman/Batman (Plus whoever) or Captain America - Which would you see first?

Make
Mine
Marvel
Old 03-15-14, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Superman/Batman. This may not be that great but the pairing is definitely unique enough that it does draw interest in seeing it. Cap 3 is just another entry in the Marvel movie machine. But I'd still see both. Most likely Batman/Superman opening weekend and Cap 3 on the following Wednesday.
Old 03-15-14, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! I tied it!! Cap here.
Old 03-15-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Going with Marvel on this one. I say let it happen and we could have something akin to the Monday Night Wars in Wrestling.
Old 03-15-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

Despite not agreeing with a lot of what's rumored to be in store for the Superman/Batman film I'd choose it because overall I like DC more and Batman is my favorite character.
Old 03-15-14, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I like that DC is trying something different, if the trailer looks good, I'll see it in the theater.
Old 03-15-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,203 Likes on 2,067 Posts

I voted Superman/Batman even though I've pretty much stopped reading the Superman/Batman thread in this forum because I haven't agreed with any of the decisions I've been reading about. I'd much prefer just a straight Superman sequel but I'll wait to see a trailer before I make my final decision.
Old 03-15-14, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

As a huge DC and Batman fan it pains me to say that I currently hold more enthusiasm for the Cap sequel.
Old 03-15-14, 05:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Captain America and it's not even close. Hell, I'd see Cap 3 twice before seeing B/S once.
Old 03-15-14, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Not interested in Captain America (or any of the other Marvel movies) at all so Batman/Superman for me. Although even if I was it would still be Batman/Superman.
Old 03-15-14, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Cap, and that would be my choice if it was still "Untitled Marvel Feature" as well. No faith in WB to do this right.
Old 03-15-14, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Superman/Batman, for me. Although, one of them is going to budge. No way they both drop on the same day.

It is hard enough to see one movie in theaters lately, so I hope I don't have to come up with 2 excuses to get out of the house in the same weekend.
Old 03-15-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

not even close. B/S all day, every day.
Old 03-15-14, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Captain America. Marvel has an excellent track record for the movies they've been producing on their own. Man of Steel was flawed but okay and I still think introducing the characters and actors playing them in solo films is a better way to go than to suddenly throw them all together in a Man of Steel sequel.
Old 03-15-14, 07:05 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'll see both, but by the time this comes out I'll be more "invested" in the Captain America franchise.
Old 03-15-14, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Captain America. My wife would have it no other way...
Old 03-15-14, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending on how awesome Cap 2 turns out and the trailer for Cap 3 would be... Might go Cap.

Normally though I'd probably go for WB on their property. That's an even bigger hurdle that I'd want to see. Fail or succeed. Don't have much hope for it but it's whole production so far is of interest.
Old 03-15-14, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

B/S just for the curiosity factor and the potential of watching a colossal train wreck of epic proportions unfurl on the big screen.
Old 03-15-14, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Too early to tell.
Old 03-15-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Batman/Superman easily.
Old 03-15-14, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
B/S just for the curiosity factor and the potential of watching a colossal train wreck of epic proportions unfurl on the big screen.
Yep. Let's be honest, most comic book fans are going to see both anyway. CA2 is looking like it is going to be awesome and DC/WB is the one everyone is expecting to be a train wreck. If they mess up ....

No pressure on Marvel and I'm sure Avengers 2 will make a nice buck for them.
Old 03-15-14, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Captain America and it's not even close. Hell, I'd see Cap 3 twice before seeing B/S once.
This.
Old 03-15-14, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's where I stand:

In the big picture I have no real preference between DC and Marvel. If I had to pick I might give Marvel the edge but only barely.

On the movie front I have far more faith in Marvel. I've been openly critical of how Warner has handled their DC properties since shortly after Batman Begins came out. They're struggling while Marvel is thriving.

That said, if these two movies launch on the same day I'm seeing Superman/Batman first. Seeing the debut of a new actor's Batman and the first-ever live action pairing of those characters is inherently more interesting to me than Chris Evans playing Captain America for the fifth time.

But none of it really matters because they're both first-weekend ticket purchases anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.