Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" - 3/13/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-14, 05:51 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" - 3/13/14

SHELDON GETS QUITE A SURPRISE WHEN HE VISITS HIS MOM IN HOUSTON, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY" THURSDAY, MARCH 13

"The Mommy Observation" - When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj's 'Murder Mystery' party starts some fights within the gang, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, March 13 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
This was just renewed for THREE more seasons.

CBS announced a multi-year broadcast renewal for the top-rated, critically acclaimed comedy THE BIG BANG THEORY. THE BIG BANG THEORY, which is TV's most-watched comedy and the top-rated broadcast entertainment show among adults 18-49, has been renewed for an additional three years, extending it through the 2016-2017 season. "Comedy is a big part of our schedule, and THE BIG BANG THEORY is the biggest comedy force on television," said Nina Tassler, Chairman, CBS Entertainment. "This multi-year deal further strengthens our network's position for future seasons and marks another chapter in the great partnership CBS enjoys with Warner Bros. Television for delivering audiences the best in comedy. We're proud to work with and showcase the incredible talents of Chuck Lorre, Steve Molaro and this amazing cast every week."
Old 03-13-14, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
Re: The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" - 3/13/14

Three more years until we meet The Mother!! These guys are fucking killing me!!!
Old 03-13-14, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-13-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

So, is Sheldon's mother getting remarried, or is she dying?

And how are they going to drag out Raj can't get a girl for three more years?
Old 03-13-14, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Three more years is way too long for this show. I love it. But enough is enough. One last season would have sufficed.
Old 03-13-14, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Three more years is way too long for this show. I love it. But enough is enough. One last season would have sufficed.
I disagree completely. This is one of the only sitcoms I watch (Raising Hope the only other), and yet even being tired/disliking the genre this show surprises me in keeping it fresh. I can't believe it's been on as long as it has, it certainly doesn't feel like it. They've kept it new and changing just enough while retaining the core concept. When I watch a sitcom for seven years and can't believe it's the seventh season, it's doing something right.

They can *easily* milk another three out of it. Really, it shocks me someone says this show is tired and done - they finally let Raj talk to women, opening up new stories. They add two different main cast members as girlfriends, and just as big of stars as the guys - even a marriage. The only tired plot is Penny and Leonard - hell, Howard's mother was an integral part and common joke, but he gets married and they stop showing... err... 'not showing' her.

I've got absolutely no concerns they won't be able to come up with something for another three years. I enjoy Raising Hope, but it's only season four and already feeling it's age, especially post-Jimmy/Sabrina marriage. That I wasn't heartbroken to hear end, because it didn't have much gas left in the tank. This totally does. This is one of the only shows I wish had more than 22-26 episodes in a season, each May being shocked and depressed the season is over. Bring on Season 10!
Old 03-13-14, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, there's no main story we are following. This is no high comedy. Average but always entertaining. They can keep this for a long time.
Old 03-13-14, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I predict that people will be unhappy with how Sheldon treats Amy and generally acts like an ass, and they will dislike Raj's storyline and his awkwardness with women. They will also find Bernadette to be adorable.
Old 03-13-14, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

Bernadette was funny, everything else not so much.
Old 03-13-14, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I thought it was a decent episode. I was a bit surprised that the story from last week with Howard and Sheldon going to Texas actually continued into this episode. I figured they'd just write it off after the plane ride on last week's episode. The Raj murder mystery theater thing was okay but mostly because of the girls. Liked the reference to the fact that James Cameron ripped off the idea for The Terminator franchise from an Outer Limits script, little geeky things like that make this show for me at times. For a minute I thought we'd get some other drama between Leonard and Penny because they didn't want to move for each other's careers but glad that was defused by Stuart right away.

Last edited by Mike86; 03-15-14 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-13-14, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike86
I thought it was a decent episode. I was a bit surprised that the story from last week with Howard and Sheldon going to Texas actually continued into this episode. I figured they'd just write it off after the plane ride on last week's episode. The Raj murder mystery theater thing was okay but mostly because of the girls. Liked the reference to the fact that James Cameron ripped off the idea for The Terminator franchise from an Outer Limits script, little geeky things like that make this show for me at times. For a minute I thought we'd get some other drama between Leonard and Penny because they didn't want to move for each other's careers but glad that was defused by Stewart right away.
I've never seen this TOL episodes, but I've heard that story many times. Apparently the DVDs are OOP and don't look like they'll be going back into print anytime soon for whatever reason. And since I can't watch Hulu anywhere except my computer screen with commercials, I haven't looked there. As with anything OOP, the DVDs are pricey now. I suppose it's too much to hope that they'll ever get released in Blu.

Anyway, how does Sheldon know anything about birth control?
Old 03-13-14, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138

Anyway, how does Sheldon know anything about birth control?
I'd imagine it's in the relationship agreement.
Old 03-13-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I laughed the most at Stewart actually showing up for the 20 year reunion
Old 03-13-14, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Over the next three seasons I can see Stewart eventually becoming a full cast member, as well as adding another female.
I can't imagine any current cast member getting the itch to leave before season 10. No blossoming movie careers.
Old 03-13-14, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I love the show but I want it to be over so Melissa Rauch can show those milkers.
Old 03-13-14, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought Stuart's description of Leonard and Penny's relationship was really sweet. I liked him showing up 20 years later too
Old 03-13-14, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Now with the news that this will be going three more years, I am wondering what they will do to shake things up and keep things interesting.

I notice that there have been a lot more conversations on the show about Penny's acting this season (especially in 2014) than I remember in the past.

They can't go to the well of Penny and Leonard breaking up for a season and then getting back together. I wonder if they are planning to let Penny have some real success as an actress to put some life in the relationship. IMO, this year they have really let Penny become a stagnant and uninteresting character.
Old 03-14-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This was a good episode. I actually liked the part with Sheldon and his mom. Some lines made me LOL.

Amy killed it wit one line, that I can't remember right now. I had to pause there.
Old 03-14-14, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Disagree with this 100%.
Old 03-14-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

I disagree I guess. They're on season seven so the show is getting into it's later years but I think it has a few left in it at least. A lot of the more popular network sitcoms (Seinfeld, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, etc.) ran around nine or ten seasons so it's not that uncommon and The Big Bang Theory will end with ten if it stops after the three they just got renewed for. The one thing the show needs to do though is advance the characters a bit more. Have Leonard and Penny move in with each other and eventually get married, possibly move Sheldon along a bit more in his relationship with Amy and maybe have them move in together eventually, and figure out whatever the hell it is they want to do with Raj.
Old 03-14-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see Howard and Bernadette having a baby. He wants to raise it as a geek and she doesn't. What if Sheldon ends up really liking it, causing him to want to have a baby with Amy, even if he doesn't truly love her.
Old 03-14-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

(on playing a dead character in Raj's murder-mystery)
Penny: "You think you can lie on the floor and pretend to be dead all night?"
Stuart: "What do you think I was gonna do at home?"

Stuarts being pathetic has gotten tiring, but that made me laugh.
Old 03-15-14, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I thought Stuart's description of Leonard and Penny's relationship was really sweet. I liked him showing up 20 years later too
Originally Posted by Coral
(on playing a dead character in Raj's murder-mystery)
Penny: "You think you can lie on the floor and pretend to be dead all night?"
Stuart: "What do you think I was gonna do at home?"

Stuarts being pathetic has gotten tiring, but that made me laugh.
Stuart brought it this episode. Those were the two highlights for me.
Old 03-15-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

This is Chuck Lorre we're talking about. He milks his cash cows until they are absolutely dry.
Old 03-15-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Over the next three seasons I can see Stewart eventually becoming a full cast member, as well as adding another female.
I can't imagine any current cast member getting the itch to leave before season 10. No blossoming movie careers.
Stuart was a full cast member the beginning of last season. Then half-way through his name disappeared from the beginning credits list.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.