TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Castle -- "In the Belly of the Beast" -- 3/03/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-14, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Castle -- "In the Belly of the Beast" -- 3/03/14

[IMG][/IMG]

AN UNDERCOVER MISSION GOES ARRAY PUTTING BECKETT'S LIFE IN DANGER, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"In the Belly of the Beast" - Beckett is recruited to assist on a Narcotics investigation, but a routine mission turns deadly when an undercover operation goes array. To survive, Beckett must engage in a battle of wits against some of the most dangerous men in the New York underworld - including a powerful enemy from her past, on "Castle," MONDAY, MARCH 3 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Carlos Gomez as Captain Fowler, Kenny Johnson as Harden, Britt Rentschler as Elena Markov, Regi Davis as Dr. Bailey, and Daniel Hugh Kelly as Evan Potter.

"In the Belly of the Beast" was written by Andrew W. Marlowe & David Amann and directed by Rob Bowman.

Read more: Listings - CASTLE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2uxU1QwQ9
Old 03-04-14, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Re: Castle -- "In the Belly of the Beast" -- 3/03/14

That was one intense, tension filled episode. You knew Beckett wasn't going to die, but, still - it was suspenseful and well written.

Castle can still bring it dramatically. Marlowe and Bowman have made a great team over the last 6 years, and tonights episode was a good example.
Old 03-04-14, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

I'm still surprised that one of the best shows on TV gets so little discussion.

Odd.

(And, yes, I do put Castle up there as one of the best shows on TV.)
Old 03-06-14, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I've had a lot of problems with The Blacklist lately with pacing, and every so often Castle is also at fault. I've come to the realization that it's the directors fault. They aren't successfully conveying the story and showing passage of time between groups/characters and locations. This episode definitely failed there and felt rushed.

All that said it was an interesting episode. Definitely had suspense and a creepy vibe. The torture scene was especially brutal.

I figured out the connection right after she was rescued by the real killer. I did think she said he owned her rather than owed her. Glad Beckett clarified that.
Old 03-08-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great episode. I too am surprised at how little attention this show gets here.
Old 03-08-14, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Great episode. I too am surprised at how little attention this show gets here.
I've never watched a single episode. This show is just in a blind spot for many, because you really don't hear many people talking about it, yet it clearly has a strong fan base since it's still on the air.

I think I would probably like this show. Is it sort of like a USA show?
Old 03-08-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

There have been times over the last few years that Castle has been my favorite show. The cases are fun and the cast chemistry is great. The last season or so, though, I've been getting home at 10:30 and I watch the end of the episode, and I don't have enough time or incentive to go back and catch up on what I missed. The show may have lost focus a bit, but it can still crank out excellent episodes like the recent arsonist one.
Old 03-08-14, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I've never watched a single episode. This show is just in a blind spot for many, because you really don't hear many people talking about it, yet it clearly has a strong fan base since it's still on the air.

I think I would probably like this show. Is it sort of like a USA show?
The premise isn't necessarily original. Murder mystery writer helps NYPD solve murders using his writer's perspective to solve cases. What makes this show work is the chemistry between the leads Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic. The supporting roles with John huertas, Seamus Dever, Molly Quinn and Susan Sullivan are all fantastic. Mystery, drama, romance, tension and humor are all written well in the episodes. Recent seasons have lost some of the lustre by hooking up Castle and Beckett. Enjoyed the hatred and then sexual tension in the first couple seasons the best.