Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: GoHastings BOGO for $1 on Used Movies, Games, CDs

I don't see games as part of the deal
Old 02-16-14, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
I don't see games as part of the deal
Jacoby, you're correct. I must have been in a daze when I wrote this. I meant to say books, not games. I would love to change the title, but it doesn't appear to let me do that. Thank you for the correction.
Old 02-17-14, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

i'll pass and order from a company that will actually send me what I order and not cancel nearly every order or just keep my money.
Old 02-27-14, 05:44 PM

I have had several dvd's cancelled from gohastings but it didn't really bother me that all they will do is issue a refund. However, with this sale they cancelled my $1 dvd and still expect me to pay full price for other $20 set I ordered, which I could have gotten for less at amazon. They will make no modifications to an order except to issue a refund when I send this item back and I am out the cost of shipping.
Old 02-27-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Refuse shipping and do a return to sender. If you don't open the package you don't have to pay shipping back.
Old 03-01-14, 02:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar
I have had several dvd's cancelled from gohastings but it didn't really bother me that all they will do is issue a refund. However, with this sale they cancelled my $1 dvd and still expect me to pay full price for other $20 set I ordered, which I could have gotten for less at amazon. They will make no modifications to an order except to issue a refund when I send this item back and I am out the cost of shipping.
When you get the full priced one, just tell CS it doesn't work, they'll give you a prepaid label, you send it back, and you'll get your full refund. It sucks that's the way Hasting does business and it sucks that's the way you have to do business back with them, but in the end you'll get your money back.
Old 03-02-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaguar
The same thing happened to me and the rep was astounded that I didn't want to keep the higher priced item by itself. She said had it been the dollar item I would have been allowed to keep that. I told her that yeah, but that's not what happened!And also told her that the dollar item is sometimes filler just to fulfill the obligations of the sale. And regardless, it negates the entire point of the sale if both titles are not included.

They canceled my entire order as it hadn't shipped yet, but she did say that if it had they could have sent a prepaid label for returning. This has to have been the most whacked out sale they ever had. Searching for stuff was a complete mess thanks to their Stone Age site and the potential for messed up orders was increased more than their usual quota.