Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Power Rangers Super Megaforce premieres Feb. 15

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Power Rangers Super Megaforce premieres Feb. 15

Tomorrow, Saturday Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM (EST) on Nickelodeon, we will be seeing the premiere episode of "Power Rangers Super Megaforce," the newest season of the long-running Power Rangers franchise. This one is based on and features action footage from "Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger," the 2011 entry in Japan's decades-long sentai franchise. The series has a pirate motif and the Gokaiger team's preferred vehicle is a spacecraft shaped like a pirate ship. What's significant about this season is that the Rangers here have the power to transform into any past Power Ranger. In the Japanese version, this includes all the Sentai seasons dating back to 1975 that predated "Zyuranger," the series that was the basis for the original "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" back in 1993. I wonder how they're gonna reference the older seasons in the English dub. I've watched the first four episodes so far of the Japanese series and am pretty excited about it. I wonder if the English dub, which re-uses the cast of the previous season, "Power Rangers Megaforce," will justify such excitement, although I must say I do like this cast very much and am glad they're staying on, the first time a Power Rangers cast has stayed on since PR Turbo turned into Power Rangers in Space some 16 or so years ago.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 02-15-14 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-14-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: Power Rangers Super Megaforce premieres Feb. 15

Old 02-15-14, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Power Rangers Super Megaforce premieres Feb. 15

My mistake: it's 12:00 PM EST, not 1:00 PM.