Reload this Page >

Shameless - "There's the Rub" - 2/9/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-09-14, 03:02 PM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Season 4, Episode 5
Episode Synopsis: Fiona's series of bad decisions involving Robbie finally boil over. Meanwhile, Frank and Sammi pursue a cure for Frank's liver trouble and try to catch up on missed father-daughter time; and Lip gets a surprise visit at college from Army investigators. Original Air Date: Feb 9, 2014
Old 02-09-14, 10:34 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Shameless - "There's the Rub" - 2/9/14

Yeah, there's the rub.

I think Mickey is my favorite character at this point.
Old 02-09-14, 10:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any ER fans notice the two paramedics at the end of the episode?
Old 02-09-14, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Fiona, you stupid fucking bitch.
Old 02-10-14, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Fiona's stupid.
Old 02-10-14, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Poor Liam.
Old 02-10-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't like when this show gets too serious. I know the characters on this show are pretty much the dregs of society but when things are kept light hearted, they're likable. Not the case with the end to this episode, reminds you just how irresponsible and fucked up they are.

I can't see how Fiona gets to keep the kids now, let alone get out of a jail sentence.

This seems to be the catalyst that will keep Lip home. I wonder if that look at the end there was him being pissed at Fiona or realizing that college was over. Probably both.

I wonder where things are headed with Ian. Should be interesting.
Old 02-10-14, 05:52 PM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I don't like when this show gets too serious. I know the characters on this show are pretty much the dregs of society but when things are kept light hearted, they're likable. Not the case with the end to this episode, reminds you just how irresponsible and fucked up they are.

I can't see how Fiona gets to keep the kids now, let alone get out of a jail sentence.

This seems to be the catalyst that will keep Lip home. I wonder if that look at the end there was him being pissed at Fiona or realizing that college was over. Probably both.

I wonder where things are headed with Ian. Should be interesting.
That was great wasn't it? He's easily my favorite character.

I did happen to see the previews for next week. Looks real serious.
Old 02-10-14, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

Are these characters supposed to be this stupid? Fiona tells the medics that Liam got into her coke, and then she's surprised (as well as the others) that the cops would get involved and that she would get arrested? Of course they're going to call the cops on her - I would too. She's a horrible guardian and deserves to have the kids taken away from her and she should do some time in prison.
Old 02-10-14, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,008 Likes on 614 Posts

I just hate that this one mistake (though it is a MASSIVE one), erases all the good she has done over the years. My mouth was on the floor the last five minutes of this episode.
Old 02-11-14, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Yeah it was really stupid an irresposible but it's not like she's been horrible to her siblings all these years like Frank and Monica.
Old 02-11-14, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I just hate that this one mistake (though it is a MASSIVE one), erases all the good she has done over the years. My mouth was on the floor the last five minutes of this episode.
I agree. Chances are none of those kids would have lived this long had it not been for her. No one who was "raised" by Frank is fit to be raising kids of their own and she never asked for any of this, but ultimately tried to do what was best. It shouldn't be any surprise that she's a fuck up too.
Old 02-11-14, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

One mistake? This whole season has been her doing one huge fucking mistake after the next in her attempt to prove to herself that she's not deserving of a break in life.

Hell, the last few episodes had a rotating door on who was taking care of Liam. She left the kids with Sheila while she built up and then destroyed her relationships. It really does feel that Lip offered a lot of help in that field and with him gone to college, the family really suffered.
Old 02-11-14, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I disagree. I enjoy the show when it becomes realistic in telling the story of this family such as when they bring in Fiona's mother. In seasons 1 and 2, the episodes featuring Monica were the easily the shows best, IMO. Also, the episode last season with Fiona in court fighting for the kids. Another great dramatic episode. I think this is the first time the family was unlikable in a dramatic situation.

The show succeeds when it can easily blend in dramatic moments with the comedic plunders.

What's up with Ian? Obviously drugs? If so - the acting was pretty over the top.

I really enjoyed the moment with Lip staying behind in the hospital. Really good symbolism there.
It seems too easy but I think Robbie will turn himself in saying he left the coke there.
Old 02-11-14, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

what i don't get is how hard she worked past seasons to keep the house in order, and this season, shes gone off the rails big time. Seems inconsistent with her character about her trying so hard in keeping her family together.

I agree, i don't see how she stays out of Jail... orange is the new black?
Old 02-11-14, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
what i don't get is how hard she worked past seasons to keep the house in order, and this season, shes gone off the rails big time. Seems inconsistent with her character about her trying so hard in keeping her family together.
I've always seen Fiona as mostly a fuck up. She does her best but she's in a shitty situation. I think the whole point of everything going off the rails this season is to show just how important Lip and to a lesser degree Ian were to the family.
Old 02-11-14, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was kind of hoping it has the opposite affect and pushes Lip back to school and hopefully to apply himself and get out of this situation. After seeing Ian in his state and this whole Liam thing I kind of got the feeling that it finally clicked for Lip how bad off his family actually was and that maybe he could crawl out of it or distance himself from it. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part though.
Old 02-11-14, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I see it in the opposite way. I think he sees how badly things got fucked up since he left that he feels that he has no choice but to return to fix things. Lip was never one to leave his family behind.
Old 02-13-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy

I agree, i don't see how she stays out of Jail... orange is the new black?
I agree... I am tired of hearing how it's the self destructive Gallagher nature taking over... they gave that save BS last season about Lip... and they are doing the same with Fiona... very shocking ending to the episode
Old 02-13-14, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

A buddy texted me today with "Did you see the latest episode of Shameless... where the characters discovered cocaine is illegal?".
Old 02-13-14, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
A buddy texted me today with "Did you see the latest episode of Shameless... where the characters discovered cocaine is illegal?".
Old 02-14-14, 03:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenshiro
Any ER fans notice the two paramedics at the end of the episode?
Yeah i thought they looked familiar...had to look them up, but now i remember them. That was so cool.