Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Post Super Bowl Episode - "Operation: Broken Feather" - 2/2/14

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Post Super Bowl Episode - "Operation: Broken Feather" - 2/2/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 09:41 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

JAKE AND AMY TAKE DOWN A HOTEL THIEF ON AN ALL-NEW SPECIAL EPISODE OF "BROOKLYN NINE-NINE" SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2, ON FOX

Fred Armisen, Dean Winters and Joe Thiesmann Guest-Star

Jake and Amy investigate a string of hotel robberies together, but Jake turns on her when he finds out she may leave the Nine-Nine to work in the Special Crimes unit with "The Vulture" (guest star Dean Winters). Meanwhile Captain Holt and Sergeant Jeffords strategize to make the precinct more efficient in the all-new "Operation: Broken Feather" episode of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE airing Sunday, Feb. 2 (11:00-11:30 PM ET/8:00-8:30 PM PT) on FOX. (BRK-116) (TV-14 D, L)
There will be a new episode this Sunday.

Make sure to pad your DVR in case the game runs long.

I won't be around due to the game, so I'm posting this early.
Old 02-01-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Post Super Bowl Episode - "Operation: Broken Feather" - 2/2/

Cool. I just got into this show recently.
Old 02-02-14, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Post Super Bowl Episode - "Operation: Broken Feather" - 2/2/

OK, that was an awesome use of guest stars. Joe Theisman breaking his leg in a super bowl episode...nice!
Old 02-03-14, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought it was ok, Sandler was a complete surprise. I wish they picked a better episode for right after the Super Bowl though.
Old 02-03-14, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
OK, that was an awesome use of guest stars. Joe Theisman breaking his leg in a super bowl episode...nice!
That was hilarious.

I had never watched this before, but I was laughing a lot during the show. I think I will give it a chance. Somehow, I had missed this shows existence.
Old 02-03-14, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I thought it was ok, Sandler was a complete surprise. I wish they picked a better episode for right after the Super Bowl though.
It definitely had the vibe of, hey new viewers this our show and its characters. So I think for people in since the beginning, it felt a little like treading water until the auction.

Did like the Theismann bit a lot, though.
Old 02-03-14, 08:20 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Originally Posted by onebyone
That was hilarious.

I had never watched this before, but I was laughing a lot during the show. I think I will give it a chance. Somehow, I had missed this shows existence.
Well... I guess they've succeeded!
Old 02-03-14, 08:33 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Overall, a pretty decent episode. I knew that Holt and Jeffords' plan would come back to bit them (no real surprise there). Nice seeing Dean Winters as The Vulture - hope we see more of him in the future.
Old 02-03-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I think they did a good job of introducing the show to new viewers, which was clearly the intent here. For the new viewers, I hope you all enjoyed the episode. If you did, you'll really enjoy the first 13 episodes.
Old 02-03-14, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely not the funniest episode of the show, but it wasn't bad.
Old 02-03-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Sandler and the Vulture were the best parts.
Old 02-03-14, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Who does Kevin James play?
Old 02-04-14, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got to see it, and really enjoyed it. Love Amy.