TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Vampire Diaries -- "The Devil Inside" -- 1/30/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-14, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,662 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "The Devil Inside" -- 1/30/14

Synopsis:

"The Devil Inside" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

SEARCHING FOR THE HIGH ROAD - When Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey) brings Damon (Ian Somerhalder) a gruesome present and insists that they bond by committing an act of revenge, Damon makes an effort to do the honorable thing. After finding himself in awkward and confusing conversations with Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda), Matt impulsively decides to throw a party, where Caroline (Candice Accola) makes a stunning confession to Elena (Nina Dobrev), then has to face the consequence of her actions with Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Tyler (Michael Trevino). Aaron (guest star Shaun Sipos) does his best to make amends for his family's past misdeeds and start a new life for himself. Finally, Elena suddenly finds herself in a life-threatening situation with only minutes to figure out how to save herself. Kellie Cyrus directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Sonny Postiglione (#512).

Episode 12 of 22
Old 02-01-14, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "The Devil Inside" -- 1/30/14

If they had not made some hunters a bit crazy and using innocent people as bait they are quite justified in going after MOST vampires. So many are ticking time bombs, will or have killed a bunch of innocent people at some point in time and likely will again if they get in a mood.

View point from a villain with characters like Damon.

Of course I find it entertaining from a viewing perspective.
Old 02-02-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I'm coming to have mixed feelings on this season. I was happy to see Klaus and Co. leave. I think that has helped the writers focus more on the staple characters without having the show over burdened. The Silas and doppelgänger plot was good too, but not drawn out. So now we're left focusing on the characters again, however I feel like something is missing. Maybe it's a bit plot point/big bad.

I guess it's Katherine, but there isn't a sense of danger to Elana. We know she'll be back. Maybe they're just setting things up.

I'd be okay with Tyler back, but I don't like dick Tyler. If he's going to be an ass he may as well leave.
Old 02-03-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 826 Likes on 698 Posts

The problem with Tyler is that he's played by the worst actor on the show. They keep trying to give him a bigger role and it never works out.

I think its many years of success have drained the staff of writing talent. This is clearly not the same quality show it was in its first two or three seasons.
Old 02-03-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Well I believe Julie Plec has moved on and there in a new EP. Call it the JJ effect.
Old 02-03-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,662 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Well I believe Julie Plec has moved on and there in a new EP. Call it the JJ effect.
Julie Plec is co-showrunner with Caroline Dries. Plec is also showrunner for The Originals.

Kevin Williamson left the show's day to day production to work on a The Following.

It happens with a lot of shows, the original creative team eventually ends up developing other projects and leaving.