Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman: Son of Batman - TBD

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-14, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

First trailer for "Son of Batman" based on Grant Morrison's first Batman arc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nq-06I-1cTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: I couldn't get the Flash version to embed and then noticed that MaxFlier posted this YouTube version in the DC Thread. Thanks, MaxFlier!

Last edited by The Valeyard; 01-20-14 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Embed issues
Old 01-20-14, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Batman: Son of Batman - TBD

Never read the run but was Deathstroke involved in that? Cuz I love that guy.
Old 01-23-14, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like it's coming out 5/6/14

Old 01-23-14, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I'm wondering if they've shoehorned Deathstroke just to have a scene of Alfred punching him in the face.
Old 01-23-14, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Nice to see this isn't too far off. Definite day one purchase as I've loved most of the DC Animated films. I wonder if the plan is to adapt the rest of RIP if this does well or if it's just a one off. I'm not a huge fan of the storyline in general but I'd still be interested if they did the entire arc. I'm kind of hoping that the release of The Dark Knight Returns in two parts was to test how well longer storylines would do and maybe they'll adapt more of the bigger stories as multiple part releases.
Old 04-26-14, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Got this today and so nobody panics (not around these parts, of course!), the back of the slip cover misstates the audio as Dolby Digital while the inner back cover says it is DTS-HD MA. I checked to make sure and it is HD audio...
Old 04-26-14, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I got mine recently too, kind of dissapointed. I'd say it's one of the weaker DC DTV outings as of late. Not very good at all, the voice casting seemed all off to me.
Old 04-30-14, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI, Target will have a steelbook version for $16.99 on Tuesday
Old 05-04-14, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good price on it at Target this week. I'll probably get it elsewhere though since I don't have steelbooks for any of the other DCAU films and prefer to keep them looking consistent.
Old 05-04-14, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe Justice League: War was the first one to get a steelbook.
Old 05-04-14, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I believe Justice League: War was the first one to get a steelbook.
I think it was that one or possibly the release of The Dark Knight Returns that had both parts edited together for one film.
Old 05-04-14, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
I got mine recently too, kind of dissapointed. I'd say it's one of the weaker DC DTV outings as of late. Not very good at all, the voice casting seemed all off to me.
Really? I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially the kid. Yeah, not a fan of O'mara. Still would've preferred Conroy, Greenwood or even Weller.
Old 05-04-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah Greenwood is probably my preference for the voice of Bruce/Batman if Conroy isn't doing it. I don't care for O'Mara, the kid playing Damian is annoying too. Still want to see the film though.
Old 05-04-14, 04:05 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

why can't you preorder this @ Target.com?
Old 05-04-14, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Really? I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially the kid. Yeah, not a fan of O'mara. Still would've preferred Conroy, Greenwood or even Weller.
Well good news, the next one, Batman: Attack on Arkham, has Conroy doing the voice, though apparently the focus is more on the Suicide Squad rather than Batman.
Old 05-06-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got the Steelbook today from Target (Walnut Bend/Westheimer in Houston). As with the case and the last steelbook I got (Evil Dead) from there, they had to go to the back. And it was the only copy. Can't wait to watch it though
Old 05-06-14, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Reports about the availability of the Target steelbook aren't encouraging.
Old 05-06-14, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I ran into the same problem. The first store had regular copies, but no steelbooks. The second store had two, one after I left

Last edited by mattysemo247; 05-06-14 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-06-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My Target only had one of the steelbooks when I went. I picked mine up in the normal case since I want all of mine to match (too damn OCD about stupid shit like that ).
Old 05-06-14, 04:17 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

so glad i didn't drive out of my way today to get this after work. just ordered online with VM this afternoon and lickety split...
Old 05-06-14, 04:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to grab the steelbook to go along with Justice League: War, but I prefer the the $4 + sales tax savings over at Deep Discount. I'm all about savings over packaging.
Old 05-06-14, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, no Son of Batman steelbook for me. The Target near work only got 5 copies today. I got there right when it opened and walked with 2 other guys to the video department. First guy grabbed 4 copies. Second guy grabbed the last one. I looked around and asked the clerk if he had more and he said no.

I caught up to the guy with the 4 copies and asked if he could spare one and he said "No. You should have got here earlier." As he was checking out at the counter, I went up to customer service and spoke with the manager. I wasn't angry, just disappointed. Well, maybe a little ticked by the hoarders attitude. But I wasn't trying to cause a scene just to get a steelbook. I told the manager that in future, Target really should put a limit on how many copies of an exclusive one person could buy. He said they already do and that guy shouldn't be allowed to buy all 4 copies. When we looked at the checkout area, the guy already made his purchase and was heading out of the store. Not much anyone could do at that point.

The manager apologized and said that shouldn't have happened. He gave me a $6 off coupon for a future purchase at Target. I did thank him for that and headed to work. I'll pick up a regular copy of Son of Batman later.

Again, not angry. Just disappointed.
Old 05-06-14, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
So, no Son of Batman steelbook for me. The Target near work only got 5 copies today. I got there right when it opened and walked with 2 other guys to the video department. First guy grabbed 4 copies. Second guy grabbed the last one. I looked around and asked the clerk if he had more and he said no.

I caught up to the guy with the 4 copies and asked if he could spare one and he said "No. You should have got here earlier." As he was checking out at the counter, I went up to customer service and spoke with the manager. I wasn't angry, just disappointed. Well, maybe a little ticked by the hoarders attitude. But I wasn't trying to cause a scene just to get a steelbook. I told the manager that in future, Target really should put a limit on how many copies of an exclusive one person could buy. He said they already do and that guy shouldn't be allowed to buy all 4 copies. When we looked at the checkout area, the guy already made his purchase and was heading out of the store. Not much anyone could do at that point.

The manager apologized and said that shouldn't have happened. He gave me a $6 off coupon for a future purchase at Target. I did thank him for that and headed to work. I'll pick up a regular copy of Son of Batman later.

Again, not angry. Just disappointed.

I would have cussed the bitchass muthafucka out right there in front of everyone. That would have gotten management's attention.
Old 05-06-14, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't typically see flippers at the store I go to but the main problem I have is that they put the exclusives in front of the regular editions in the front of the store. They also put a few in the movie section as well in front of the regular editions. I was there about a half hour after opening and I saw a woman grab one right before I got to the shelf. I asked her if she was a fan or a flipper. She had no idea what I was talking about so I explained it to her. She was buying it for her 10 year old's birthday and she just grabbed the first one she saw. She wouldn't have grabbed the steelbook if it hadn't been in the front and she didn't really care about it. I have a feeling that a lot of people buy it without knowing it's an exclusive.
Old 05-06-14, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

^ But when someone walks out with multiple copies it's not too difficult to surmise what their plan is.

The Valeyard might as well have just asked that guy what his ebay handle is since he was going to have to buy it on the secondary market now that they were all bought up at Target.

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 05-06-14 at 08:41 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.