Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Search Party (2014)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search Party (2014)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-14, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Search Party (2014)

While pleasuring myself to Alison Brie's Wikipedia page, I came accross this new movie.

At first glance, I didn't really care. But I noticed that it's stacked with a bunch of funny TV people. Like the director plucked a bunch of actors from my favorite shows.

Could be good.

Cast:
T.J. Miller
Adam Pally
Thomas Middleditch
Lance Reddick
Shannon Woodward
Alison Brie
Krysten Ritter
Jon Glaser
JB Smoove
Jason Mantzoukas
Brian Huskey
Universal has picked up U.S. rights to Gold Circle's Search Party, a Hangover-style comedy which Scot Armstrong will direct. Armstrong, who penned Hangover 2, co-wrote the script to Search Party with Mike Gagerman and Andrew Waller.

The film's plot has two friends Evan and Jason trying to reunite their buddy Nardo with his estranged fiance, whom they scared off at the altar. After Nardo is carjacked and left naked and broke in Mexico, they begin a series of misadventures south of the Rio Grande.

Armstrong is producing the film together with Paul Brooks (Pitch Perfect), Neal Moritz (21 Jump Street) and Ravi Nandan (Hesher).

Universal, which had a sleeper hit with Gold Circle's comedy Pitch Perfect last year, grossing more than $65 million domestically, plans a late 2014 release for Search Party. Universal has a first-look distribution deal with Gold Circle.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...h-party-426277