Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Firefly Music Festival (June 19-22)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 11:47 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

"Yesterday, OutKast rolled out big plans for their spring/summer festival tour. All of the specific dates and festivals haven't been detailed, but now we know they're headlining this year's Firefly Festival, which takes place June 19 to 22 in Dover, Delaware.
They'll join a lineup that includes A-Trak, Arctic Monkeys, Band of Horses, Chance the Rapper, Courtney Barnett, Foo Fighters, Girl Talk, Iron & Wine, Local Natives, Phantogram, Phosphorescent, Salva, Sky Ferreira, Sleigh Bells, Tegan and Sara, tUnE-yArDs, Vic Mensa, Weezer, Washed Out, and a whole bunch more." (Pitchfork)

~

most bands until White Denim sound familiar - after that
Old 01-15-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Re: Firefly Music Festival (June 19-22)

Great, an extra day this year. Last year, people were stuck in traffic for 4 hours or more coming from the PA line. They were just getting out and starting to party on the road. I live about 20 minutes north of the event, and have to drive home, about 1 hr south after working 14 hours Thr-Fri.
Old 01-18-14, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of this before but the lineup is good enough I may consider coming down from Canada to catch this.
Old 01-22-14, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Last year was great but the lineup seems much weaker this year. Governor's Ball, on the other hand, seems to be ready to steal the show with much of the same headliners plus a lot of other great acts.
Old 01-22-14, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Great, an extra day this year. Last year, people were stuck in traffic for 4 hours or more coming from the PA line. They were just getting out and starting to party on the road. I live about 20 minutes north of the event, and have to drive home, about 1 hr south after working 14 hours Thr-Fri.
Poor planning. We drove from NYC the morning of and got there with plenty of time to see everyone.
Old 01-24-14, 11:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
Last year was great but the lineup seems much weaker this year. Governor's Ball, on the other hand, seems to be ready to steal the show with much of the same headliners plus a lot of other great acts.
I also think the bands and specifically the music is more varied at the Governor's Ball than Firefly - they still haven't recognized the need to add a few more dancier, poppy bands like Empire of the Sun, Disclosure - that the Ball has.
Old 01-24-14, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Wuh duh ma huh ta duh fung-kwong duh wai-shung doh that's a lot of performers, but there ain't a power in the verse that would cotton to me enduring 4 hours of gorram traffic to see my favorite bands play for just 20 minutes. Too much go-se, too little shiny.
Old 02-09-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Giles
I also think the bands and specifically the music is more varied at the Governor's Ball than Firefly - they still haven't recognized the need to add a few more dancier, poppy bands like Empire of the Sun, Disclosure - that the Ball has.
I saw Big Gigantic last year and had the opportunity to see White Panda. MGMT was there too. Maybe the cost-benefit of doing this is off for them this year?
Old 02-09-14, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

My mother who is in her 70's and her husband live right behind Dover Raceway.

They just love it.

Their community is literally across the street from one side of the event.
Have to have I.d. To get in and out of the area.