TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bitten -- Series Premiere (Laura Vandervoort) -- "Summons" -- 1/13/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-14, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Bitten -- Series Premiere (Laura Vandervoort) -- "Summons" -- 1/13/14

Series Summary:

Based on the New York Times best-selling Women of the Otherworld novels by Kelley Armstrong, the 13-episode Bitten is an emotionally charged supernatural thriller starring Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, Ted) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence. Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena (Vandervoort) has abandoned her Pack and taken refuge in a new city. There, she works as a photographer and hides her werewolf existence from her new boyfriend. When bodies start turning up in her Pack's backyard, Elena finds herself back at Stonehaven, the werewolves' ancestral domain. Torn between two worlds and two loves, she quickly realizes that - when push comes to shove - she'll stop at nothing to defend her Pack. Bitten also stars Greg Bryk (A History of Violence) as werewolf Pack "Alpha" Jeremy Danvers, Greyston Holt (Alcatraz) as Elena's werewolf ex-boyfriend Clayton Danvers, and Paul Greene (The Client List) as Elena's current beau, Philip McAdams. Bitten is produced by No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment, and eOne in association with Space and Bell Media, with the participation of Rogers Cable Network Fund and Cogeco Program Development Fund and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit. Executive producers include J.B. Sugar for No Equal Entertainment, Patrick Banister and John Barbisan for Hoodwink Entertainment and Tecca Crosby, John Morayniss, and Margaret O'Brien for eOne. Daegan Fryklind and Grant Rosenberg are Executive Producers and co-showrunners.

Synopsis:

A supernatural thriller about the lone female werewolf in existence begins when Elena is forced to leave the perfect life she has made for herself as a photographer in Toronto to return to Upstate New York after her wolf pack is threatened.

SyFy picked up this show from the Canadian network Space. There will be 13 episodes. Looks like it's airing on a 2 day delay from Canada.

I know, I know it's another show and a lot of you already have a lot to watch.

Trailer from the Space network:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tUQ_ZXjzkiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Getting Laura Vandervoort makes this worth at least checking out. Seems compatible with Being Human.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-13-14 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-14-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Bitten -- Series Premiere (Laura Vandervoort) -- "Summons" -- 1/13/14

Not bad

Opened up with a really intense sex scene with Vandervoort and her boyfriend. She looked really hot and there was some partial nudity.

The wolf transformation effects were decent for mid budget Canadian cable. It was almost equivalent to Being Human's effects.

I think it has a potentially interesting storyline with Elena trying to break away from the wolf pack and the rogue killer wolf on the loose.
Old 01-15-14, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Why is she the lone female werewolf in existence?
Old 01-17-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Opened up with a really intense sex scene with Vandervoort and her boyfriend. She looked really hot and there was some partial nudity.
I don't want to disappoint you, but I think that was a body double for many of the shots.

This was a strong first episode, considering it had to introduce the entire world of this show and the main premise within 45 minutes. I was surprised that Vandervoort didn't get more opportunities on the big networks, after V flopped.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 01-18-14 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-17-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm so overloaded with shows. Haven't even watched all my regular shows. However, this sounds interesting.
Old 01-19-14, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,002 Likes on 622 Posts

First episode didn't grab me too much, but I'm a fan of the genre and Vandervoort is worth sticking with it for a bit longer.