Search this Thread

Old 10-10-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Chicago Fire -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot" -- 10/10/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a fire claims one of their own, there's plenty of guilt and blame to go around. Lt. Matthew Casey (Jesse Spencer), in charge of the Truck, tries to carry on, but butts heads with the brash Lt. Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney) of the Rescue Squad - and each blames the other for their fallen team member. Adding to the turmoil, Casey, unbeknownst to his colleagues, is in the midst of a separation from Hallie (Teri Reeves, "Three Rivers"). The firehouse also includes: Battalion Chief Wallace Boden (Eamonn Walker), a fireman's fireman who is confronted by important personal decisions; paramedics Gabriela Dawson (Monica Raymund) and Leslie Shay (Lauren German), who share a close bond and team together to face some of the most harrowing situations imaginable; Peter Mills (Charlie Barnett), an academy graduate who is the latest generation in a family of firefighters; and Christopher Herrmann (David Eigenberg), a seasoned veteran who loses his home to foreclosure and now must uproot his family to move in with his in-laws.

Starring:
Jesse Spencer (House)
Taylor Kinney (The Vampire Diaries, Trauma)
Eamonn Walker (Oz)
Lauren German (Hawaii Five-O)
Monica Raymund (Lie to Me, The Good Wife)

The Executive Producer is Dick Wolf (Law and Order)

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bi3h9z1YUVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FYI, the episode was posted early on Amazon, Xbox Zune, NBC.com and Hulu.

I'll watch this tonight.

I read an interview with Dick Wolf and he said this will not be a "Fire of the week" procedural, but more of a character-driven drama.
Old 10-10-12, 09:45 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: Chicago Fire -- Series Premiere -- "Pilot" -- 10/10/12

The commercials make this look incredibly cliched and the dialogue extremely cheesy. I dont think I could watch this and not compare it to Rescue Me. I once watched Backdraft after having seen that and laughed.
Old 10-10-12, 10:18 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm not too excited about this, but I may tune in for the Wolf factor.
Old 10-10-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

This looks like Backdraft the tv show.
Old 10-11-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

D.o.a.
Old 10-12-12, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It's weird hearing Chase attempt an American accent after his normal voice had been on House for so long. I guess it is a good way to try and break away from that role.

The ratings weren't great, but they did build on SVU's at 9. It's NBC, so it's safe for now.
Old 10-12-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Watched this last night. It was okay.

Yeah I agree it was really strange hearing Jesse Spencer speak with an American accent. Actually I thought it was strange that Dick Wolf would cast him as the lead of such a high profile new show when he's not really one of the more charismatic actors working right now.

I'll give this a little time to grow. I know watching 1 episode most people aren't going to get attached to the characters right away.

I liked the Chicago scenics and some of the fire sequences were well directed. It was good that they cast a solid veteran actor Eamonn Walker as the boss of their firehouse.

The stuff with Severide having a pain killer addiction seemed like a been there, done that thing. Also, is there any point making Lauren German's character a Lesbian? Seems like this is more of a Fire Fighting soap opera, than a Fire Fighting comedy drama that Rescue Me was.
Old 10-12-12, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we all agree it's no Rescue Me? I don't even know it's as good as Chicago Code and we saw how long that lasted.
Old 10-12-12, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the ads I'm seeing seem to be pushing Lady Gaga's boyfriend as the lead of the show. Are there two leads then?
Old 10-13-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Defiant1
All the ads I'm seeing seem to be pushing Lady Gaga's boyfriend as the lead of the show. Are there two leads then?
Yes, Taylor Kinney and Jesse Spencer are essentially the co-leads of the show. Spencer was top-billed in the opening credits though.
Old 10-13-12, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lived in Chicago the firefighters don't look like that. I like Mike and Molly cause Mike looks like a realistic Chicago cop.
Old 10-13-12, 09:10 PM
Banned

I live in Chicago and I was looking forward to see all the Chicago scenery.
At 15 minutes into show I knew this show sucked when the female med shouts at a black gangbanger to drop his gun. Gangbangers in Chicago don't even drop their guns when police have a gun pointed at them let alone from a unarmed female med. I won't be watching this show anymore.
Old 10-14-12, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wm lopez
I live in Chicago and I was looking forward to see all the Chicago scenery.
At 15 minutes into show I knew this show sucked when the female med shouts at a black gangbanger to drop his gun. Gangbangers in Chicago don't even drop their guns when police have a gun pointed at them let alone from a unarmed female med. I won't be watching this show anymore.
If you were paying attention, the gang banger had a pretty severe head injury and was dazed along with losing blood. He gave up his gun thinking he would get treatment.
Old 10-14-12, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
If you were paying attention, the gang banger had a pretty severe head injury and was dazed along with losing blood. He gave up his gun thinking he would get treatment.
If you knew gangbangers you would know that he would have shot the other punk and said to the female med holding the gun on her to fix him or the same will happen to her. But you need to have lived in Chicago's inner city to have known that.
Old 10-14-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was alright, I guess, but this seems like a paint-by-the-numbers drama.
Old 10-14-12, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
It was alright, I guess, but this seems like a paint-by-the-numbers drama.
Agreed. It just seems very standard. It'll probably last the season (maybe 2) so as to not piss off Dick Wolf and then get cancelled.

Funny how Rahm Emanuel got muted by the music. Guess he couldn't deliver his 1-2 lines convincingly.
Old 10-15-12, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Agreed. It just seems very standard. It'll probably last the season (maybe 2) so as to not piss off Dick Wolf and then get cancelled.

Funny how Rahm Emanuel got muted by the music. Guess he couldn't deliver his 1-2 lines convincingly.
No, he didn't grease the palms of the producers.
Old 10-17-12, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago Fire -- "Mon Amour" -- 10/17/12

Synopsis:

THE FIREHOUSE STRUGGLES WITH DARDEN'S DEATH - Severide (Taylor Kinney) is hiding a serious shoulder injury sustained in the fire that killed Andy Darden, and grapples with his guilt as he fights to rescue a construction worker trapped in a building collapse. Adding to the burden, Darden's wife Heather (guest star Chaon Cross) turns on Severide at the annual firefighters' barbecue, blaming him for her husband's death. A call is made to an accident site at Hancock Tower, where two teenagers are pinned in a vehicle trapped beneath the falling debris of a broken window washer's cart. Meanwhile, Casey (Jesse Spencer) and Hallie (Teri Reeves) work to figure out their future together. Monica Raymund, Lauren German, David Eigenberg, Charlie Barnett and Eamonn Walker also star.

Season Promo:

<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1420516" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Old 10-18-12, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

There's nothing here I haven't seen a hundred times before, and that was in the first 10 minutes. Cliche city. No thank you.
Old 10-20-12, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Chicago Fire -- "Mon Amour" -- 10/17/12

LMAO!

Not a single post?

I enjoy it for what it is. While i do hate procedurals, i don't mind ones that don't involve solving a crime/murder!

I really enjoyed Trauma 2-3 years ago and i'll stick with this one until it's canceled.
Old 10-20-12, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
LMAO!

Not a single post?

I enjoy it for what it is. While i do hate procedurals, i don't mind ones that don't involve solving a crime/murder!
This is ironic for me (only speaking for myself) as I only gave this show a chance because of the Dick Wolf connection. Love the OG Law & Order.

I was ffw'ding 40 percent of the episode just to get closure and say I saw it. Not good.
Old 10-24-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This show is DOA. I'm out.
Old 10-24-12, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago Fire -- "Professional Courtesy" -- 10/24/12

Synopsis:

When the drunk driver who hits a car and paralyzes a 16-year-old boy turns out to be the son of a dirty cop, Lieutenant Casey (Jesse Spencer) must decide whether or not to turn him in. Facing pressure and subsequent threats from the powerful and well-connected Detective Voight (guest star Jason Beghe), Casey decides to tell the truth, inviting a stand-off. Additionally, Severide (Taylor Kinney), who's fighting off the advances of the Chief's new assistant (guest star Meghann Fehy), learns he has a fractured vertebra in his neck that may never heal if he doesn't get treated, but ignores the doctor's advice so he can continue working. Meanwhile, Mills (Charlie Barnett) is torn between helping his mother at her restaurant and devoting himself full-time to the fire department, like his father did. Monica Raymund, Lauren German, David Eigenberg, Teri Reeves and Eamonn Walker also star.

Read more: Listings - CHICAGO FIRE on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2AGquYlob

Episode 3 of 13 (still on original episode order)
Old 10-25-12, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Chicago Fire -- "Professional Courtesy" -- 10/24/12

Good episode last night. I was entertained.

Ratings were up 20% and NBC gave it a 5 episode script order.

So this isn't dead yet.
Old 10-27-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Chicago Fire -- "Professional Courtesy" -- 10/24/12

I've been liking it

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.