Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Burn Notice CS released today...1 version or 2...I'm confused!!!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 03:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my CS copy of Burn Notice But the box it arrived in was not the box pictured on many websites!!! There seems to be discrepancies in the packaging and the amount of discs in each different box! DVDEmpire.com and Importcds.com, for instance show a smaller tan DVD case sized box with palm trees and buildings on and list the content as 29 discs! Foxconnect,(Where I got mine during the Half off $ale), Amazon and TVShows.com show the box that I got which is a longer white box with all the characters on it and contains only 28 discs...4 discs for each of the 7 seasons. It is packaged like the newer buffy and angel boxes with each of the seasons in its own case ,just placed in a larger/longer box! CAN ANYONE CLEAR UP THIS DISCREPANCY???? Are there really 2 versions ??? is there a bonus disc in 1 version but not the other??? Any info would REALLY be greatly appreciated by anyone in the know RE: this CS set- thanks

P.S. ...I called Fox and they said they had no idea what I was talking about...I told the CSR to go ahead and check the various websites to prove my point and see for herself what I was talking about!!!

Last edited by smurr05; 12-17-13 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-18-13, 07:24 PM
Banned

Re: Burn Notice CS released today...1 version or 2...I'm confused!!!

Anyone know anything about this at all???
Old 12-19-13, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tan-coloured image is just an early placeholder that some of those sites haven't yet updated, similar to the situation with the Futurama set that ImportCDs also still have an early artwork for. Browse through the last few TVShowsonDVD articles for clarification on that: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews/Burn-Notice/10710

I'm also pretty sure the disc count is something that was originally announced incorrectly and never corrected; I haven't heard about any kind of bonus disc. I may be wrong, though.
Old 12-19-13, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I work at FOX and bought this from the studio store the other day. I can confirm without a doubt that there is only 1 version.

It's the only one that the 20th Century FOX studio store carried. That "tan version" that you saw was just some placeholder artwork. There is no bonus disc either. It's all the individual seasons packed in the case. So chill out dude.
Old 12-19-13, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Here is the tvshowsondvd article that showed the artwork he was referencing:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bur...e-Series/18895

The article was from August and more than half the time, temp artwork is used on the Amazon pre-order link.

There are no other details available so far at Amazon's entries, but early box cover art for them can be found below (may not be final, and could be subject to change). Stay tuned, of course, and we'll update you further on this title, just as soon as we find out anything more! Our thanks to the unnamed reader who tipped us off about these.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bur...#ixzz2nzXT7868
Old 12-20-13, 03:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
I work at FOX and bought this from the studio store the other day. I can confirm without a doubt that there is only 1 version.

It's the only one that the 20th Century FOX studio store carried. That "tan version" that you saw was just some placeholder artwork. There is no bonus disc either. It's all the individual seasons packed in the case. So chill out dude.
Thanks...yeah sometimes I need an extra valium when it comes to my DVD collection!