Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Boardwalk Empire S 1- 3 $14.96 @ Walmart!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-13, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found these along with "True Blood" S 1-3 in a Large Black Standup in Electronics. Each side of the standup had different DVD's with Different prices...Didn't really pay attention to those BUT grabbed the 3 seasons of BE for $14.96 ea....YMMV - Each 1 came with an HBO Bonus disc with previews of 7 HBO shows including ; "Banshee", BE, "Game of Thrones", "Girls", "The Newsroom", "Strike Back", & "VEEP"-
Old 12-13-13, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Boardwalk Empire S 1- 3 $14.96 @ Walmart!

Sounds like possible leftovers from the Black Friday sale, when they were $9.96 each. If so, mileage may vary on whether individual stores have them. Online price is currently $19.96.

The two Wally Worlds I hit in the San Jose CA area were sold out of season 3 in their bargain display section on Black Friday, but I found a copy in the normal TV set section and got them to price match (odd thing that, needing to price match the same item for the same store). I got the first two seasons online (third sold out fast), although I spotted a couple season 1 sets at the second store later. I suspect they got cleaned out by the day's end.
Old 12-13-13, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was $14.96 for a 3 season bundle. I started to get a chubby. Then I read the first post and realized that it was $14.96 per season. I went limp.

A good deal, but not the fire sale that I was hoping for.
Old 12-13-13, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cubicle Morlock
Sounds like possible leftovers from the Black Friday sale, when they were $9.96 each. If so, mileage may vary on whether individual stores have them. Online price is currently $19.96.

The two Wally Worlds I hit in the San Jose CA area were sold out of season 3 in their bargain display section on Black Friday, but I found a copy in the normal TV set section and got them to price match (odd thing that, needing to price match the same item for the same store). I got the first two seasons online (third sold out fast), although I spotted a couple season 1 sets at the second store later. I suspect they got cleaned out by the day's end.
Still happy with my purchase...I SWEAR I will never ever go near a B&M on Black Friday in whatever years I have remaining on my life!!! Did that way too many years...many years ago!