Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Burying The Ex - D: Joe Dante - using crowdfunding

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-13, 07:37 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

http://fundanything.com/buryingtheex?locale=en

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8CyCFXoMMXU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Dante is world renowned for directing such classic films as Gremlins 1 and 2, The Burbs, Innerspace, Looney Toons: Back in Action, and Small Soldiers. Now you get to help him make his next masterpiece Burying The Ex!

Burying The Ex follows Max (YELCHIN), an all-around nice guy, and his overbearing but incredibly beautiful girlfriend, Evelyn (GREENE). Their relationship takes a nosedive after they decide to move in together and Evelyn turns out to be a controlling, manipulative nightmare. Max realizes it’s time to call it quits, but there’s just one problem: He’s too afraid to break up with her. Fate steps in when Evelyn is involved in a freak accident and dies, leaving Max single and ready to mingle. Several weeks later, he has a chance encounter with Olivia, a cute and spirited girl who just might be his soul mate. But that same night, Evelyn returns from the grave as a dirt-smeared zombie and she’s determined to get Max back...even if that means turning him into one of the undead!

Filming is currently under way and looking spectacular, but we need your contributions to help edit the film, add breathtaking visual effects, and get this film in theaters so you can see it on the big screen. Check out the epic list of rewards we are offering, and remember, the more your contribute the better the reward.
I don't really understand why they need funding when they're already shooting. And it doesn't explain why either.
Old 12-05-13, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Burying The Ex - D: Joe Dante - using crowdfunding

They're probably overbudget or want to add effects and/or sequences that would exceed their budget.
Old 12-05-13, 08:07 PM

I figured as much... but usually when they do these things they explain the reason for it.
Old 12-06-13, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I figured as much... but usually when they do these things they explain the reason for it.
"Filming is currently under way and looking spectacular, but we need your contributions to help edit the film, add breathtaking visual effects, and get this film in theaters so you can see it on the big screen."

Old 12-06-13, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It saddens me that Joe Dante has to crowdfund, but whatever keep him working.
Old 12-06-13, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
"Filming is currently under way and looking spectacular, but we need your contributions to help edit the film, add breathtaking visual effects, and get this film in theaters so you can see it on the big screen."

Duh. I posted it and skimmed right over that part.
Old 12-06-13, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe Dante is world renowned for directing such classic films as Innerspace, Looney Toons: Back in Action, and Small Soldiers.
Does...not...compute.
Old 12-06-13, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dvdtalk members would probably help them exceed $50 million in additional funding if the extra funds got Alexandra Daddario to go topless for a few scenes.
Old 11-06-14, 04:54 PM