Raising Hope -- "Extreme Howdy's Makeover/Adoption" -- 11/29/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-29-13, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Synopsis:

HOWDY'S GETS A NEW OWNER & SABRINA ADOPTS HOPE ON AN ALL-NEW ONE-HOUR "RAISING HOPE" FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29, ON FOX

Molly Shannon ("Hotel Transylvania") Guest-Stars

Howdy's gets business innovator Maxine (guest star Molly Shannon) as its new owner, and all employees must come up with a big idea to change the store. Then, Sabrina wants to officially adopt Hope as her own, but the official adoption process doesn't give her the "Motherhood Moment" for which she was hoping in the all-new "Extreme Howdy's Makeover/Adoption" one-hour episode of RAISING HOPE airing Friday, Nov. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOP-405/04) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Lucas Neff as Jimmy; Martha Plimpton as Virginia; Garret Dillahunt as Burt; Shannon Woodward as Sabrina; Cloris Leachman as Maw Maw; Gregg Binkley as Barney.

Guest Cast: Baylie and Rylie Cregut as Hope; Todd Giebenhain as Frank; Trace Garcia as Six-Year-Old Jimmy; Molly Shannon as Maxine; August Maturo as Nerdy Kid; Carla Jimenez as Rosa; Carmina Garay as Danielle; G. Maximilian Zarou as Jack; Lou Wagner as Wally Phipps; Robyn Rice as Mrs/ Braxton; DeeDee Michaels as Meter Maid; Usha Kiren as Mindy; Mindy Sterling as Prosecutor; Jill Klopp as Abigail; Annie Ruby as Marnie; Lou Beatty Jr. as Judge; Billy Britt, Jr. as Bobby Bowman; Eric Nenninger as Aaron; Ayumi Iizuka as Doctor.

Episodes 5 and 6 of 22
Old 11-30-13, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Raising Hope -- "Extreme Howdy's Makeover/Adoption" -- 11/29/13

I DVR'd this and haven't seen it yet. But I wanted to ask, why the Friday night time slot and double episodes? Are they dropping this show?
Old 11-30-13, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I was going to ask the same thing. It seems like they're trying to kill the show.
Old 11-30-13, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts

FOX owns this show, so putting it on Friday nights even though the ratings have stunk isn't a huge financial loss. Mainly because after this season, they will be able to sell the show into syndication since it will have 88 episodes in the can. Thus, FOX will profit from it. Most likely this is the last season if I had to guess. They are just producing episodes to be able to profit from them later on.

Edit: FOX indeed sold the show into syndication already. 80% of the country will air repeats and the cable repeats will air on FXX and CMT

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/rais...cation-launch/

Yup, they are just producing and airing these episodes now to get them for syndication. This will almost certainly be the last season.
Old 12-02-13, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, the rebirth was hilarious. This show really knows how to invent comedic situations in an off fashion, just a shame it's not more popular because I've considered it pretty consistent throughout it's run.