Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Does Anyone Know Of Any BF Pricing On The Yes Close To The Edge Blu-CD Combo?

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-13, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I want this badly, but not for $30 W/ shipping.
Old 11-28-13, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Does Anyone Know Of Any BF Pricing On The Yes Close To The Edge Blu-CD Combo?

BFads.net

Go search.
Old 11-30-13, 06:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Does Anyone Know Of Any BF Pricing On The Yes Close To The Edge Blu-CD Combo?

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I want this badly, but not for $30 W/ shipping.
Same here. Amazon's $30 (plus S&H unless You order another $5) is the best price I've seen. I thought about B&N but the stores aren't stocking it. In fact, I haven't seen it in ANY store. That suggestion to do a ship-to-store at B&N during the 40% off period sounds good...but how obligated are You to take it (at God knows what price) if the sale won't apply?
Old 11-30-13, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Blowitoughtahere had the dvd edition on ebay earlier today for $14.xx + s/h. While I was deciding if I could live with the dvd rather than the blu, it went up by $6.00.

I'd also like to find a great price on the 3 disc (2 cd/1 high res dvd) of Tull's Benefit.
Old 11-30-13, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I couldn't get B&N to take the coupon at all earlier today. I'd never used it before. I'll try the mobile site, thanks

Edit: the mobile site worked fine with Opera. I was using Firefox earlier when the main site refused to take the coupon.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 11-30-13 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was just about to complete the order, but they're out of stock which concerns me as I believe this is a limited edition.
Old 11-30-13, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Order it through the mobile BN.com site (m.bn.com) and apply BFRIDAY40 in the PROMO box for a 40% discount.
I tried that earlier today. The site says the "BFRIDAY40" code is not vaild.

I'd also like to find a great price on the 3 disc (2 cd/1 high res dvd) of Tull's Benefit.
I paid $25 for "Benefit" the week it came out on sale at a FYE store (God knows what their regular price is). I think Amazon has it for a little less than I paid.
Old 11-30-13, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just bit with the B&N Mobile. I have to pay 9.5% sales tax, & didn't want to mess with the membership so it still came to a very reasonable $22.56. I just hope I get it................!

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 11-30-13 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The message I saw was shipped in 1-2 weeks? Have they changed it to OOS.

Again worst case is wait until the 40% off sale and hope for a repeat of last years 25/30% coupon.
Have them get a copy in store for 12/19. If you don't like the price or it isn't eligible for a coupon then you aren't committed to buying it unless it's ordered as a special/pay up front item -- wouldn't expect that for a $20-30 item.

I remember seeing Yes live in around 1980 maybe when Wakeman was on the keyboards.

Worst case scenario is it's cheaper in a couple weeks and you can return it up to 14 days after delivery.
The 1-2 weeks MAY mean permanently oos, as this was a limited edition. Guess I'm going to find out!
Old 11-30-13, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I tried that earlier today. The site says the "BFRIDAY40" code is not vaild.
I ran into that earlier also with Firefox. The combo of Opera & the mobile site worked for me.
Old 11-30-13, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got an interesting email............

"Your order is scheduled to ship and the details are listed below."

"Ship Date December 20, 2013"

They have already taken the money from my Pay Pal account (I used Pay Pal because my main card got hacked this past week; likely with the Warner brothers shop break in).
Old 11-30-13, 08:48 PM

Sorry, I was talking about the web page itself -- it's just basically a text only page?

order page
Interesting...
No - the page I was on was full of graphics.
YOUR link took me to a bare bones page which DID take the code!
How did You get to this bare page (and why did this one take the code and not the other)?
Anyways hariseldon - I'm now $22.05 poorer...but I thank You!
Old 11-30-13, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for letting us know!
Old 11-30-13, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo
thanks for letting us know!
x2!
Old 12-04-13, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got an interesting email............

"Your order is scheduled to ship and the details are listed below."

"Ship Date December 20, 2013"

They have already taken the money from my Pay Pal account (I used Pay Pal because my main card got hacked this past week; likely with the Warner brothers shop break in).
On B&N's web site the item is now only offered by 3rd party sellers & there is no indication that B&N will be getting them back in. As I suspect it's a limited edition, I'm a bit concerned.

I called B&N. Unfortunately they outsource CS to who knows what 3rd world country? & the rep & I had trouble understanding each other. I tried to get a definite confirmation as to whether they would be getting it back or not (It's also completely dropped off of the DD website; which isn't a good sign; someone pointed out that Super D is now supplying B&N).

She kinda sorta eventually stated I would get it, but somehow I don't feel very reassured............. If all copies disappear while I wait for B&N I'll be furious, but I did save about $8.
Old 12-04-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After the above, I just got an email that it shipped today!! Since the dvd is currently offered on their site & the blu isn't, I'm not going to get really excited until it arrives, but I have hope!
Old 12-05-13, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I guess this is the time you place an order with some place with a long return period at a price you can live with as an insurance policy. Amazon.com just dropped it in price a bit -- a little under $28.

If I knew the Region Status of the Bluray or if you're region free-- Amazon UK dropped it to a little over $25 USD if you have a currency free CC, but returns would be a substantial hassle.
I've seen a few sites that list this as region free.

Also, amazon.co.uk and amazon.com both list it with the same ASIN, so presumably there is just one version.

I'm going to have to pick this up.
Old 12-05-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I suspect this is likely region free; so far just about all the audio only releases have been so. Several folks on another USA board have played it, & I don't believe they are into region free players.
Old 12-05-13, 09:10 PM

Arrived today.
Hope whoever else ordered it got it as well. :-)

Last edited by Mickactual; 12-09-13 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to both DHL & The USPS B&N used "Smart Mail"; the result of which is my package has been SITTING for 4 days in a DHL center 30 miles from my house waiting for DHL to take it to the post office.

I hate DHL.
Old 12-14-13, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It may just be a coincidence, but after I sent the email yesterday, it now shows "Out for delivery" today. It's still a bit depressing that Mick & I ordered on the same day & (assuming mine does arrive today) his got there 9 days faster. Even with the distance between us (I'm on the West Coast) there's no justification for a 9 days difference except for a dhl screw up.
Old 12-14-13, 06:55 PM

It's still a bit depressing that Mick & I ordered on the same day & (assuming mine does arrive today) his got there 9 days faster.
Did You get it yet? I really don't know much about DHL. I can't recall if there was a choice of shippers, but mine must've shipped USPS because I had it sent to my PO Box.
Anyways - You're gonna love this. The CD is moot, but that BluRay! It takes You closer to the edge than You could ever imagine (and I don't even have a 5-channel system!).
Old 12-14-13, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mick, I got it. I do love the br!

hariseldon, re Amazon.uk: I've found the problems with them aren't only DHL (or is DHL the entire German postal service?), but when they use any German postal service. Royal mail gets here very quickly; if they send it from Germany it takes weeks.
Old 12-14-13, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For quite awhile Amazon.UK was shipping out of Germany. I have no clue why, but i experienced it several times & on at least 2 occasions I ended up getting 2 of an item (at no additional charge) because the German post was so slow. The replacement sent by Royal mail would get here before the original sent from Amazon Germany!
Old 12-15-13, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BTW thanks for the tips. I have not seen the Yes set anywhere near what I paid for it. That's why I ask these sort of things here; a number of people on his board are the ONLY folks I know who are more skilled at bargain hunting that I am!