Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dollar General $1 dvds

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-13, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dollar General $1 dvds

Just back from Dollar General and they had a cardboard dump full (approx. 76 dvds, 2 copies each title), obviously just put out and perhaps early in advance of Black Friday. Mostly Echo Bridge and Miramax titles, most apparently tv movies. I saw:

An Unfinished Affair (Tim Matheson)
Get Bruce (Bruce Vilanch documentary with many stars)
Ice (Traci Lords)
Andy Griffith 4 tv movie pack
The Wrestler (Ed Asner)
Price Above Rubies (Renee Zellwegger)
Oew Bob (James Cromwell)
Cars Life 2

A James Franco movie, two different 4-movie low-budget horror sets, old WWII documentaries set, vintage Christmas tv set (pd stuff like 50's Betty White show), 2 dvd gardening programs set, a Sarah Jessica Parker movie, etc. These are in standard black cases, tempted to buy a couple of the two-disc sets just for the cases, those usually cost over a dollar each themselves!
Old 11-27-13, 07:21 PM

Re: Dollar General $1 dvds

Originally Posted by 30smovies
tempted to buy a couple of the two-disc sets just for the cases, those usually cost over a dollar each themselves!
If you find any 2-disk Viva cases (see http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-co...rrow-hubs.html if you don't know what I mean) that aren't eco cases, do post the name of the film(s). I'm looking for several varieties of Vivas. Thanks!
Old 08-09-14, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know that I have 4 dollar general stores in my area. I used the locator after seeing a flyer in one of the free weekly newspapers depicting assorted DVD's for a buck. I will be visiting them in the next couple of days and report my purchases or findings. The lazy folks at Dollar General, like many brick n mortar stores, don't list the locations of the stores on the area flyers. Don't they know they are missing out on business from many older folks who are not computer literate.
Old 08-10-14, 12:09 PM

Well, I visited the Dollar General closest to me and would never have known it existed because it isn't on any of my routine driving patterns. The polite store clerk informed me that the dollar DVD's mentioned in the flyers go off the shelves pretty fast and there weren't any left.

However, they have a nice selection of movies and TV series ranging in price from $2.99 to $10.00. If you like searching for DVD's, it is definitely worth a shot.
Old 08-11-14, 02:13 PM

I forgot to mention that when I visited the DL on Sunday 8-10-14, there was a coupon on my purchase receipt for $5.00 off your purchase of $25.00 or more valid on Saturday Aug. 16th ONLY. I may go back and buy some of those DVD TV sets on Saturday.
Old 08-16-14, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by smartalec44
I forgot to mention that when I visited the DL on Sunday 8-10-14, there was a coupon on my purchase receipt for $5.00 off your purchase of $25.00 or more valid on Saturday Aug. 16th ONLY. I may go back and buy some of those DVD TV sets on Saturday.
I just came back from Dollar General store after using the $5.00 off coupon on August 16th. Wouldn't you know it, I received another $5.00 off a purchase of $25.00, valid on Saturday August 23 ONLY. At this rate, I may be shopping at Dollar General every Saturday as long as the coupons keep coming.
Old 08-16-14, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by smartalec44
I just came back from Dollar General store after using the $5.00 off coupon on August 16th. Wouldn't you know it, I received another $5.00 off a purchase of $25.00, valid on Saturday August 23 ONLY. At this rate, I may be shopping at Dollar General every Saturday as long as the coupons keep coming.
I think they always give you a Saturday coupon for 5/25. If you don't have one, you can always print one from their site:

http://www.dollargeneral.com/home/in...hSs!-150585880
Old 08-17-14, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I think they always give you a Saturday coupon for 5/25. If you don't have one, you can always print one from their site:

http://www.dollargeneral.com/home/in...hSs!-150585880
It would be nice if Big Lots printed one of those coupons on the sales receipts instead of having to wait for one of those storewide 20% off weekends.
Old 08-23-14, 03:02 PM

After using the coupons of $5 off purchase of $25, on two successive Saturdays, I purchased the following, net of the coupons:

The Starter Wife-S1(Debra Nessing) $4.80
Lipstick Jungle-S1(Brooke Shields,Kim Raver) $4.80
Our Wild Hearts-Ricky Schroder/Cambrie Schoder $2.40
Unconditional-Lynn Collins/Michael Ealy $2.40
Seven Days in Utopia-Robert Duvall/Lucas Black/Melisa Leo $2.40
The Concert-Melanie Laurent $2.40
Angels Fall-Heather locklear/Johnathon Schaech $2.40
Perfect Sense-Ewan McGregor/Eva Green $2.40
Love Wedding Marriage-Mandy Moore/Kellan Lutz $2.40
Peace Love& Misunderstanding-Jane Fonda/Catherine Keener/Elizabeth Olsen $2.40
Super-Rainn Wilson/Kevin Bacon/Ellen Page/Liv Tyler $2.40
Family Weekend-Kristin Chenoweth/Matthew Modine/Olesya Rulin $2.40