The Simpsons- The Kid Is All Right - 11/24/2013

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-24-13, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,149 Likes on 899 Posts

Synopsis:

Lisa's new best friend turns out to not only be a Republican, but her opponent in their second-grade class election.

Season 25, Episode 6

I don't overly love Lisa centered episodes which it sounds like this one is but I think the season has been pretty strong thus far.
Old 11-24-13, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons- The Kid Is All Right - 11/24/2013

Last weeks ep sounded Lisa centric but it turned out to be at least half Homer (which I was grateful for).

Hopefully this ep is a sub plot and it'll mostly focus on Homer esp since this weeks Lisa story sounds pretty ugh to me.
Old 11-24-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wz42
Last weeks ep sounded Lisa centric but it turned out to be at least half Homer (which I was grateful for).

Hopefully this ep is a sub plot and it'll mostly focus on Homer esp since this weeks Lisa story sounds pretty ugh to me.
Usually the synopsis is a bit longer or at least gives a hint as to what another character's sub plot is. So I'm guessing this one will be a mostly Lisa centered episode, but you never know.
Old 11-25-13, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought it was good. It had a lot of fast paced jokes - loved the call back to the teacher Lisa had a crush on, and all the old school banners.

Little bit of a shout out to the fans with the reference to they would vote for a liberal "as long as it is not you"

Oh - and the Simpson short at the beginning of the episode was good - reminded me of the old Disney shorts
Old 11-25-13, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty decent episode for being one that centered around Lisa. Generally I find her boring but this one was okay. One sight gag that kind of made me chuckle to myself a bit was Maggie playing with Play-Doh but instead of being Play-Doh it was Play-Annoyed Grunt. The short at the beginning was pretty cool also I agree. I like that they're getting a bit more creative with the show's opening now days.