Castle -- "A Murder Is Forever" -- 11/11/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-11-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Synopsis:

CASTLE AND BECKETT TRY TO SOLVE THE MURDER OF A FAMED RELATIONSHIP THERAPIST, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"A Murder Is Forever" -- When a famed relationship therapist is murdered, it appears that her access to the secrets of her elite and powerful clients led to her death. But when Castle and Beckett discover the victim was in possession of a rare object worth millions of dollars, they realize that this case may be even more complicated - and dangerous - than they thought, on "Castle," MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Carter Roy as MC, David Blue as Kyle, Anthony Ruivivar as Barrett Hawk, Maya Stojan as Tory Ellis.

"A Murder Is Forever" was written by Chad Gomez Creasey & Dara Resnik Creasey and directed by Bill Roe.
Old 11-12-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 457 Likes on 335 Posts
Re: Castle -- "A Murder Is Forever" -- 11/11/13

That was a good episode. It walked that line between lighthearted fun story and darker dramatic story (what the've been alternating between the last couple of seasons).

This episode is a good example of why I love Castle. The show may not be what it was in the first four seasons, but it's still damned good.
Old 11-12-13, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Having zero Alexis drama also helped a great deal. I like Molly C. Quinn but it's time to discard her character for good. The show no longer needs her.
Old 11-12-13, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Having zero Alexis drama also helped a great deal. I like Molly C. Quinn but it's time to discard her character for good. The show no longer needs her.
The show doesn't need any specific character, but they all contribute to it. They don't need to get rid of her (the character), just use her in a better ways. I hated Gates at first, but they used her to deliver a lot of funny scenes in season five.
Old 11-13-13, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 457 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by outlander78
The show doesn't need any specific character, but they all contribute to it. They don't need to get rid of her (the character), just use her in a better ways. I hated Gates at first, but they used her to deliver a lot of funny scenes in season five.
Exactly. It's all how the character is written.

And it would be out of character for Castle to NOT spend as much time as he could with Alexis. That's one of the core things about his character - he is a loving father who adores his daughter. For him to basically lose touch with her (if the producers wrote her off the show) would be way out of character. And Alexis loves her dad, she would never stay away long.

I'm hoping for another season or two. I don't want it to drag on too far past it's expiration date like Bones has (that show has still produced some good episodes over the last couple of years but the quality overall has dropped noticeably).