TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Good Wife -- "The Next Day" -- 11/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-13, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
The Good Wife -- "The Next Day" -- 11/03/13

Synopsis:

ALICIA AND CARY MUST FIND A WAY TO REPRESENT THEIR CLIENT WHILE FIGHTING AGAINST WILL AND DIANE, ON "THE GOOD WIFE," AT A SPECIAL TIME, SUNDAY, NOV. 3

Richard Kind Guest Stars as Judge Davies, Mamie Gummer Returns as Nancy Crozier and Emmy Award Winner Edward Herrmann Returns as Lionel Deerfield

"The Next Day" - When Alicia and Cary represent a client who has left Lockhart/Gardner to go with Florrick/Agos, Will and Diane intentionally delay turning over the case files to the new firm. Also, Marilyn, Peter's ethics council, tries to give advice to Alicia, and Will's colleagues are surprised at the new intensity he displays in the wake of the upheaval at the firm, on THE GOOD WIFE, at a special time, Sunday, Nov. 3 (9:30-10:30 PM, ET/CT, 9:00-10:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network. Richard Kind guest stars as Judge Davies, Mamie Gummer returns as Nancy Crozier and Emmy Award winner Edward Herrmann returns as Lionel Deerfield.

SERIES REGULARS:

Julianna Margulies (Alicia Florrick)
Christine Baranski (Diane Lockhart)
Josh Charles (Will Gardner )
Archie Panjabi (Kalinda Sharma)
Matt Czuchry (Cary Agos)
Makenzie Vega (Grace Florrick)
Graham Phillips (Zach Florrick)
Alan Cumming (Eli Gold)
Zach Grenier (David Lee)

RECURRING CAST:

Renee Elise Goldsberry (Geneva Pine)
Mamie Gummer (Nancy Crozier)
Gary Cole (Kurt McVeigh)
Stepanie Kurtzuba (Olivia)
Edward Herrmann (Lionel Deerfield)
Jess Weixler (Robyn Byrdine)
Melissa George (Marilyn Garbanza)
Ben Rappaport (Carey Zepps)
Bhavesh Patel (Anthony Wright Edelman)

GUEST CAST:

Hannah Leigh Sorenson (Isabel)
Maria Dizzia (Heather)
Judge Davies (Richard Kind)
Vanessa Wasche (Gina)

Written by: Leonard Dick

Directed by: Michael Zinberg

Episode 6 of 22
Old 11-03-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- "The Next Day" -- 11/03/13

my dvr and tvguide.com are showing a 9:30 start time
I pad an extra couple of hours anyway but thought I'd share for those that might not

edit: just saw that the original post shows that too
Old 11-03-13, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mikehunt
my dvr and tvguide.com are showing a 9:30 start time
I pad an extra couple of hours anyway but thought I'd share for those that might not

edit: just saw that the original post shows that too

It's actually 9:59pm ET because football ran late today for the East and Central markets. Pad your DVR ASAP.
Old 11-04-13, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

"Peter can hurt his wife all he wants, but let anyone else try and he goes absolutely tribal!"
"Bill and Hillary on steroids."

What an apt description of the Florricks!

I feel for Diane - loved her breaking down after finding out she was no longer being vetted and then the shot of her regaining composure at the atty board. This transition should revive her much like it has already reenergized Will. Great follow up to last week with tonite's cat and mouse (or rat) game.
Old 11-04-13, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Not sure Will's grand plan to make the law firm into one of the largest in the country is a very realistic story line.

They are currently a pretty small firm without much in the way of resources for such an expansion.

He and Diane ran the firm squarely into bankruptcy once so getting loans would be pretty damn near impossible.

Taking just those two things into account make his grand expansion plans a pipe dream.
Old 11-04-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree. They also just lost Chumhum, a $35 million dollar account. But, the writers will likely just ignore that to get whatever story they want across.

Like the end when Will demands $145,000 in payment. Uh, he just admitted it was a contingency case. They aren't due one dime unless and until she wins her case or obtains a settlement. Withholding those files is tantamount to them holding their client hostage unless she paid a ransom. No State Bar would allow that. Their remedy was a lien on the case for money due if it was won or settled later.

But, the writers needed a way to force the client to change her mind. If they hadn't brought the State Bar in on the storyline, I'd have bought Will holding the client hostage. He has no ethics. But to have him do that right in front of the State Bar rep, a and for the rep to do nothing is ridiculous.
Old 11-04-13, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skatefan20
I feel for Diane - loved her breaking down after finding out she was no longer being vetted and then the shot of her regaining composure at the atty board.
I am not sure why she would have thought she would have kept the judgeship after her firm was doing things like sending over rats and redacted files while violating court orders. Wherever you stand on the "which firm is right" issue, that was just downright petty and childish. Diane should have kept them above the fray if she expected Alicia's husband to nominate her to be a judge.
Old 11-05-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks it's complete bullshit that they can't seem to find at least some temporary office space in freaking downtown Chicago?
Old 11-05-13, 01:26 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Am I the only one who thinks it's complete bullshit that they can't seem to find at least some temporary office space in freaking downtown Chicago?
I don't get that at all. Go to an executive center and you can rent fully furnished offices quickly and inexpensively.

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for either the Lockhart Garner team or the Florrick Agos team. (I do love how Carey has to keep reminding everyone that "Agos" is part of the firm name. )

Last edited by Bandoman; 11-05-13 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-05-13, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan
Not sure Will's grand plan to make the law firm into one of the largest in the country is a very realistic story line.

They are currently a pretty small firm without much in the way of resources for such an expansion.

He and Diane ran the firm squarely into bankruptcy once so getting loans would be pretty damn near impossible.

Taking just those two things into account make his grand expansion plans a pipe dream.
Yeah, this seems completely out of the blue and just a dick-size competition.
Old 11-05-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It seems that the easiest way for Peter to help Alicia is to give the judgeship to Diane.
Old 11-05-13, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101

I guess http://www.regus.com/ isn't an advertiser
Old 11-06-13, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up.

Holy shit, this season has been fantastic. Last 2 episodes have rocked.

I do have to agree it seems ridiculous that Cary and Alicia can't find any type of office space in Chicago. They got screwed out of their 1st deal, but are office rates so unaffordable in downtown Chicago that they have to share space with someone? They just signed a $35M client.

How does Cary not see that Kalinda is playing both sides?

I loved Will's reaction after he fucked them over buying out those tax attorneys and their space.

I really like that they have totally changed the dynamics of the show breaking apart Will and Alicia and putting them at war with each other. I was personally tired of their will they or won't they thing.
Old 11-06-13, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I guess http://www.regus.com/ isn't an advertiser
I was thinking the same thing. We must listen to the same commercials.
Old 11-07-13, 08:30 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I liked the one line from David Lee in front of the disciniplary board when Alicia or Cary were talking about Will and Diane. David speaks up and says something like "hey, what am I?" and Alicia, mockinly apologies and includes his name.

I agree about Diane... That part was too predictable.. It would have been nice to have her nomination continue on. It would have done far more damage to Will and his firm seeing as they pushed Diane out over her interview in which she talked about Will's past. I do think, in reflecting on last weeks episode, that Diane knew she was getting screwed over. I recall seeing a look in her face when she was talking to Eli and he kind of dismissively reassured her that things were on track.
Old 11-07-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eli didn't dismissively reassure her. For whatever reason, the usually keyed-in and savvy Eli didn't think Peter would do to Diane what he ended up doing. At least that's how the actor played it. I actually didn't think it rang true as Eli would at least consider the possibility. Diane, on the other hand, was hardly reassured by the reassurance.
Old 11-07-13, 09:10 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'll have to watch that scene again... I thought I recalled him turning his head a bit and not meeting her eyes as he reassured her that she was still on track.