Once Upon a Time -- "Ariel" -- 11/03/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-03-13, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Synopsis:

AFTER BEING SAVED BY ARIEL, SNOW WHITE RETURNS THE FAVOR BY HELPING HER NEW FRIEND GET ACQUAINTED WITH PRINCE ERIC, AND EMMA, MARY MARGARET, DAVID AND HOOK ATTEMPT TO RESCUE NEAL FROM PAN'S ENCAMPMENT, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

JoAnna Garcia Swisher Guest Stars as Ariel

"Ariel" - Back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, when Ariel (JoAnna Garcia Swisher) saves Snow White from drowning in the ocean's depths, Snow returns the favor by helping her new friend get acquainted with Prince Eric, with whom she has fallen madly in love with. Meanwhile, Emma, Mary Margaret, David and Hook attempt to save Neal, who is imprisoned in one of Pan's encampments, and Regina and Mr. Gold begrudgingly team up to find a way to take down Pan, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Robbie Kay as Pan, JoAnna Garcia Swisher as Ariel, Gil McKinney as Eric, Parker Croft as Felix, Josh Kalender as lead knight, Adam Lolacher as black knight and Arpad Balogh as footman.

"Ariel" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Ciaran Donnelly.

Episode 6 of 22
Old 11-03-13, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "Ariel" -- 11/03/13

Overall, an enjoyable episode. However, despite the actress being cute, all the stuff with Ariel fell flat for me. She came across as a world class moron. Even at the end, she didn't even think to splash with her tail to get Eric's attention.

Next week looks promising. Hopefully they're wrapping up all the Neverland nonsense. Hopefully they move everyone full time back into the Enchanted Forest. Also, anyone else think the other person held prisoner by Pan is actually Rumplestiltskin's father?

Interesting surprise with Belle being Pan's shadow. I always assumed she was a vision created by Rumple's own inner desires.

So it seems everyone paid a visit to the hair salon between episodes. I don't like Ginnifer Goodwin's new haircut. It's far too masculine. She's had more feminine short haircuts.

Maybe I missed it but, did they ever say where Tinkerbell ran off to? She was with the group for like to episodes and then she seemingly vanished, never to be mentioned again.

Speaking of forgotten characters, did this show ever resolve whatever happened to Cinderella's prince when he disappeared back in season 1?
Old 11-03-13, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was that Oh Shit moment when Ariel stabbed Regina in the neck. Just wasn't expecting something like that in a show that is farily family friendly. I was expecting Ariel to do something, it just wasn't that.

Like other times, a character from the fairy tale is really a main character taking thier spot.
Spoiler:
Ursela was Regina in disguise. Like Belle's Beast is Rumple
Old 11-04-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Maybe I missed it but, did they ever say where Tinkerbell ran off to? She was with the group for like to episodes and then she seemingly vanished, never to be mentioned again.

Speaking of forgotten characters, did this show ever resolve whatever happened to Cinderella's prince when he disappeared back in season 1?
Tinkerbell is in her tree house. She said come get her when they have a exit plan.

Unless I missed something Cinderella and her prince are raised their baby in Story Brooke. The last episode I remember her from was the girls night out with Emma and Red. She did make a very brief appearance in the Wonderland spinoff.
Old 11-04-13, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by resinrats
There was that Oh Shit moment when Ariel stabbed Regina in the neck. Just wasn't expecting something like that in a show that is farily family friendly. I was expecting Ariel to do something, it just wasn't that.
I saw that coming a mile away. Especially since they established she kept the fork. You know it'd play into the episode eventually.

Originally Posted by resinrats
Like other times, a character from the fairy tale is really a main character taking thier spot.
Spoiler:
Ursela was Regina in disguise. Like Belle's Beast is Rumple
Yes and no.
Spoiler:
By the end of the episode, the apparently real Ursula did show up and threatened Regina. Why she didn't help Ariel is a bit of a question but I guess they're saving that for another episode.

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Tinkerbell is in her tree house. She said come get her when they have a exit plan.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Unless I missed something Cinderella and her prince are raised their baby in Story Brooke. The last episode I remember her from was the girls night out with Emma and Red. She did make a very brief appearance in the Wonderland spinoff.
Yes, he is around in Storybrooke. However, in the Enchanted Forest flashbacks, he vanished almost immediately after Rumplestiltskin was imprisoned. It was never addressed how Rumple managed that and it was actually the cliffhanger of said episode. They never addressed it again, it seems.
Old 11-04-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Overall, an enjoyable episode. However, despite the actress being cute, all the stuff with Ariel fell flat for me. She came across as a world class moron. Even at the end, she didn't even think to splash with her tail to get Eric's attention.
Let's not kid ourselves, she was a world class moron in Disney's animated movie too for the most part.

I hope we are just about done with Neverland now that Storybrooke is coming back in to the picture.

I kinda felt bad for Hook in this episode. He is more interesting than Neal.
Old 11-04-13, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nightwing82
Let's not kid ourselves, she was a world class moron in Disney's animated movie too for the most part.
I can't say I disagree. That didn't help me dislike her television counterpart any less, however.