Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014, D: Christopher Landon) Latino spinoff

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014, D: Christopher Landon) Latino spinoff

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/para...topher-landon/

I’ve confirmed that Paramount is continuing its Paranormal Activity franchise for a 5th installment that will advance the story produced by Jason Blum and Oren Pell timed to Halloween 2013. But what’s far more interesting news is that my insiders say the studio is plotting an as-yet-untitled spinoff tentatively set for Spring 2013 and aimed at PA‘s very sizeable Latino audience. I’ve learned that screenwriter and director Christopher Landon, who spec-scripted 2007′s big hit Disturbia and is the son of Hollywood legend Michael Landon, is helming. (Paramount Film Group President Adam Goodman shepherded Disturbia while he was president of production at DreamWorks. Pic was directed by D.J. Caruso.) The spinoff will include the demon from the PA franchise and star mostly Latino actors and film partly in Spanish. ”This will be an off-shoot aimed at the groups who have been the biggest supporters of the property – Latinos and folks in Latin America – Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina,” a Paramount insider tells me. The studio placed a teaser clip at the end of PA4 for the spinoff which will begin shooting shortly. As for Paranormal Activity 5, the studio considers PA4‘s $30M opening weekend gross an “an amazing result at this $5M budget level” even if though its North American take is well below PA2‘s and PA3‘s. Overall, the three previous Paranormal Activity installments have earned over $576 million worldwide on a combined budget of a little over $8M.

So they are aiming for RocShemp and Solid Snake's viewership with the Latino spinoff?

Maybe I'll watch the Latino spinoff if they have hot Mexican chicks running around in their night jammies.
Old 10-22-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Paranormal Activity 5 (TBD) & Spinoff; Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)

i'm sure the latino spinoff will do just as well as the japanese one.
Old 10-22-12, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
re: Paranormal Activity 5 (TBD) & Spinoff; Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)

I'm actually looking forward to this. Glad they're aiming it at our market this time out.
Old 10-22-12, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The spinoff for 2014 is targeting the LGBT community.
Old 10-22-12, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
The spinoff for 2014 is targeting the LGBT community.
It'll bomb.
Old 10-22-12, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/para...topher-landon/

So they are aiming for RocShemp and Solid Snake's viewership with the Latino spinoff?

Maybe I'll watch the Latino spinoff if they have hot Mexican chicks running around in their night jammies.
That's practically in the contract to make the film.
Old 10-22-12, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
Wasn't that one called "Ringu"?
Old 10-22-12, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

¡Páránormál Actividad!
¡Ay dios mio!

Here's my predication regarding the spin-off:
  • The spin-off starts shooting within the next month.
  • Teaser trailer gets attached to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.
  • Theatrical trailer gets attached to G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
  • The film is released sometime between April and May.
If Paramount was smart, they would've shot the film right after production on PA5 ended and launched it right on the first weekend in January a la The Devil Inside.

I just hope the spin-off ends with (massive spoiler for End of Watch about to occur the moment you click the button):
Spoiler:
with all the Mexicans dying! No? I'll see myself out.

I personally believe that launching two Paranormal Activity films in the same year will create burnout from audiences significantly faster. However, this is Paramount. They've had numerous franchises they've driven right into the ground (Friday the 13th anyone?). However, as we all know, as long as these films continue to make money, Paramount will continue to churn them out.

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
Paramount is actually giving this a worldwide release unlike Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night which only saw a theatrical release in only a handful of countries. I'm still surprised Paramount hasn't given it a video release here in the states yet.
Old 10-22-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
¡Páránormál Actividad!
¡Ay dios mio!

Here's my predication regarding the spin-off:
  • The spin-off starts shooting within the next month.
  • Teaser trailer gets attached to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.
  • Theatrical trailer gets attached to G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
  • The film is released sometime between April and May.
If Paramount was smart, they would've shot the film right after production on PA5 ended and launched it right on the first weekend in January a la The Devil Inside.

I just hope the spin-off ends with (massive spoiler for End of Watch about to occur the moment you click the button):
Spoiler:
with all the Mexicans dying! No? I'll see myself out.

I personally believe that launching two Paranormal Activity films in the same year will create burnout from audiences significantly faster. However, this is Paramount. They've had numerous franchises they've driven right into the ground (Friday the 13th anyone?). However, as we all know, as long as these films continue to make money, Paramount will continue to churn them out.

Paramount is actually giving this a worldwide release unlike Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night which only saw a theatrical release in only a handful of countries. I'm still surprised Paramount hasn't given it a video release here in the states yet.

Racist spoiler! Don't let me catch you on the street, holmes.
Old 10-22-12, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I don't think Paramount has anything at all to do with PA2: Tokyo Night, thought it was just a sequel made by the Japanese company that bought the PA Distribution rights in Japan?

Unlike that, this spin off is by Paramount all the way.
Old 10-22-12, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Please make sure that you actually advance the story in this one. Thanks!
Old 10-22-12, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Clearly the Latino version will be a spoof movie called Actividades Para Anormales.
Old 10-22-12, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Clearly the Latino version will be a spoof movie called Actividades Para Anormales.

hahaha
Old 10-22-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
I don't think Paramount has anything at all to do with PA2: Tokyo Night, thought it was just a sequel made by the Japanese company that bought the PA Distribution rights in Japan?

Unlike that, this spin off is by Paramount all the way.
Paramount actually owns the rights to PA in Japan. Paramount licensed out the rights to make a "spin-off" for the Japanese audience, but I'm sure the agreements allowed Paramount to have the rights in other countries. Or it sucks and that's why Paramount hasn't released it in the states yet.

However, that can't be it based upon all the shit Paramount has released in the past year or two.
Old 10-22-12, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Whatever the case may be, the online marketing has begun on facebook, youtube, twitter, etc etc etc with some guy posting videos of old tapes of the girls and his house getting toyed with.
Old 07-17-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/para...anuary-4-2014/

The Latino spinoff of Paranormal Activity is coming out January 4, 2014

Paranormal Activity 5's release date is TBA. It was incorrectly reported earlier that 5 was coming out in 2014.
Old 07-18-13, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

These movies cost nothing to make, I'm surprised there aren't more spin offs.
Old 07-18-13, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Will the Latino couple be played by Naomi Watts & Ewan McGregor?
Old 07-18-13, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

These movies are simple but I've actually liked the ones I've seen. Still need to check out Paranormal Activity 4 one of these days.
Old 07-18-13, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've only seen the first PA and I though that was good. The others didn't attract me.
Old 07-18-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a license to print money for Paramount. Good for them for finding something so successful on such a low budget.
Old 07-18-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by inri222
Well played.
Old 07-18-13, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
Nope. The budget isn't that high. Prepare for the return of Christopher Lambert!
Old 07-18-13, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When The Wrap leaked the delay of the film last week (which we all thought was Paranormal Activity 5 up until yesterday), there was a lack of confidence from Paramount that signaled Landon turned in an awful film. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case based upon the miscarriage that was the last outing.

Yes, The Devil Inside and Texas Chainsaw 3D both did gangbusters as the first releases of their respective years. However, both are considered to be pure garbage. American audiences will reme....

... oh, who the fuck am I kidding. Everyone has forgotten about those two pieces of shit. This is going to have a $30M+ opening weekend.

I'm personally hoping for the twist ending that there's actually no demons and the "paranormal activity" is all a ploy by INS to catch illegal immigrants.

"Ey man, dat pool cleaner moved on its own holmes."

I'm going to hell. See you all there.
Old 10-17-13, 05:34 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
re: Paranormal Activity 5 (TBD) & Spinoff; Paranormal Activity:The Marked Ones (2014)

Trailer for the spinoff titled PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vc1Sozf-bJY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks a hell of a lot better than the awful part 4. It almost seems like the just combined the spinoff idea and what would've been the 5th into one movie.

Last edited by dex14; 10-17-13 at 05:47 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.