TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland -- "Forget Me Not" -- 10/24/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-13, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland -- "Forget Me Not" -- 10/24/13

Synopsis:

THE KNAVE'S PAST IS REVEALED AND CYRUS SUCCESSFULLY TRICKS JAFAR AND THE RED QUEEN WHICH CONSEQUENTLY REVEALS THE WHITE RABBIT'S DECEPTION, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND"

"Forget Me Not" - In a flashback, viewers are introduced to Will Scarlet, who turns out to be the nifty Knave of Hearts. Will has joined Robin Hood's Merry Men and convinces them to steal gold from Maleficent's castle before also pilfering an enchanted looking glass for himself that comes with a hefty consequence. Meanwhile in Wonderland, Cyrus successfully tricks Jafar and the Red Queen into sending a Bandersnatch after Alice who in turn exposes something the White Rabbit has been secretly hiding, on "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland," THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" stars Sophie Lowe as Alice, Michael Socha as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Emma Rigby as The Red Queen with Naveen Andrews as Jafar and John Lithgow as the voice of the White Rabbit.

"Forget Me Not" guest stars include Dylan Thomas Collingwood as Friar Tuck/Injured Man Jason Burkart as Little John/Traveler One, Casey Manderson as Traveler Two, Ryan MacDonald as Footman, Thomas Saunders as Wealthy Gentleman, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood/Fourth Man, Mark Acheson as Nazim, Roger Daltry as the voice of the Caterpillar, Bob Phipps as Screaming Head, Hugo Steele as Orang, Steve Bacic as Grendel/Handsome Man, Catherine Mchaud as Young Woman, Brian George as Old Prisoner and as the voice of Maleficent.

"Forget Me Not" was written by Richard Hatem and directed by David Solomon.

Episode 3 of 13
Old 10-24-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland -- "Forget Me Not" -- 10/24/13

Catch the Star Wars reference about the sarlaac digesting its prey over 1,000 years? I guess the SW universe is now fodder for a show about fairytales that's produced by ABC, which of course, is owned by Disney, which of course, now owns SW.
Old 10-24-13, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts

Haven't watched a single episode of this. Does this show tie into its namesake in a meaningful way?
Old 10-24-13, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Haven't watched a single episode of this. Does this show tie into its namesake in a meaningful way?
No. In the pilot, the Knave is walking through Storybrooke in front of Emma's car. They mentioned the Hatter is gone (covered in OUAT). That's about it.

Wasn't there rumors that Ruby (red riding hood) was going onto this show?
Old 10-25-13, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
No. In the pilot, the Knave is walking through Storybrooke in front of Emma's car. They mentioned the Hatter is gone (covered in OUAT). That's about it.

Wasn't there rumors that Ruby (red riding hood) was going onto this show?
Nope, Ruby has her own show on CBS. She mentioned she MAY appear in an episode of ONCE, but not the spinoff. Just like Hatter, the actors keep leaving if they aren't featured for a while. I'm shocked the Blue Fairy keeps appearing, though I guess with her character not a HUGE part of Bates, she has the time.
Old 10-25-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

From what they showed of the queen before she came to Wonderland, that actress would have made a much better Alice using that persona. Also, the actress playing Alice might have made a better Queen of Hearts.
Old 10-25-13, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I tried to watch the first episode but gave up after a little while. Tried again this week and was able to make it through the ep. Could have been a lot better, but maybe it will improve....

I agree that they made a lot of poor casting choices. At least the role of Jafar is well-cast.
Old 10-25-13, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
From what they showed of the queen before she came to Wonderland, that actress would have made a much better Alice using that persona. Also, the actress playing Alice might have made a better Queen of Hearts.
I think the actress playing the Red Queen was probably their first pick for Alice until they realized Sophie Lowe was a more likeable person to build a show around. Most networks will pick the better actress as the lead, even if she doesn't fit the character's look.

This show has way too much cheap CGI for a major network production. They should have cut back on the CGI and worried about the story first.
Old 10-25-13, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
We saw Storybrooke and Grumpy the dwarf in the pilot episode, and we've seen the Enchanted Forest a couple of times (including this episode). This episode also had the Robin Hood that we saw on Once Upon A Time. Also, most of the visual effects on this show look fake, so it has that in common with OUAT.

Each time I watch this, I'm amazed that the producers settled on the two actors playing Alice and her traveling male companion. Were all the good-looking people in Hollywood and England unavailable the day the casting call went out for this series? The actress playing Alice does a decent job acting, but the guy playing her traveling companion is horrible. He rarely changes his expression, and he often shakes his head for no reason when delivering his lines.

I'm getting used to Sayid as Jafar, but I wish they had cast an unknown as The White Rabbit. Every time he speaks, I picture Lord Farquaad from Shrek or Dick Solomon from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
Old 10-25-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
We saw Storybrooke and Grumpy the dwarf in the pilot episode, and we've seen the Enchanted Forest a couple of times (including this episode). This episode also had the Robin Hood that we saw on Once Upon A Time. Shrek or Dick Solomon from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
We saw Cinderella too with Leroy the dwarf.

A speculation on Once Upon a Time
Spoiler:
They might use more of the tertiary characters from Once Upon a Time because the main cast id in Neverland. We've seen more of Story Brook in this show.
Old 10-26-13, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Each time I watch this, I'm amazed that the producers settled on the two actors playing Alice and her traveling male companion. Were all the good-looking people in Hollywood and England unavailable the day the casting call went out for this series? The actress playing Alice does a decent job acting, but the guy playing her traveling companion is horrible. He rarely changes his expression, and he often shakes his head for no reason when delivering his lines.
That actor was on a number of popular British shows in recent years, namely Being Human. I would have to agree, his looks are common on British television but don't fly in Hollywood as a leading man.
Old 10-26-13, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

So we spent a little time iN OUAT land and got a Stars Wars cross over. Surprised the bandersnatch design wasn't the one from Burton's Alice.
Old 10-30-13, 11:17 AM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

For me, this ep was more in line with the OUAT we know and love/hate.

The Knave being Will Scarlett was a nice touch, but reveal of Anastasia was telegraphed.

Should be interesting to see where this rabbit hole leads.