Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

City of Titans (Superhero MMO) Kickstarter

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
City of Titans (Superhero MMO) Kickstarter

It looks like some of the guys from (and fans of) the MMO "City of Heroes" are developing a new project. They already passed the start-up goal of $320k and are sitting at almost $470k so they definitely going to build something; its just a matter of how ambitious its going to be.

I'm excited about it.

We present City of Titans, a spiritual successor for the superhero MMORPG City of Heroes, being developed by Missing Worlds Media.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...city-of-titans

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>
Old 10-21-13, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: City of Titans (Superhero MMO) Kickstarter

I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach to this, even though I was a big fan of City of Heroes. These guys have no real pedigree and while the idea of a fan-created spiritual successor sounds good on paper, I'm pretty skeptical that they'll be able to deliver something as complex as an MMO.

There are actually 3 different successor in the works, each made up by a different group of fans. As far as I'm aware, none of them contain any of the CoH developers.
Old 10-21-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shizawn
I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach to this, even though I was a big fan of City of Heroes. These guys have no real pedigree and while the idea of a fan-created spiritual successor sounds good on paper, I'm pretty skeptical that they'll be able to deliver something as complex as an MMO.

There are actually 3 different successor in the works, each made up by a different group of fans. As far as I'm aware, none of them contain any of the CoH developers.
I'll double check on that. I could of swore I read something on one of their updates... I might have misread it.
Old 10-21-13, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great way to throw away some money.
Old 10-21-13, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I'll double check on that. I could of swore I read something on one of their updates... I might have misread it.
Perhaps something has changed. I do know that several of the CoH developers have contributed to the Kickstarter campaign.