The Bridge -- Season Finale -- "The Crazy Place" -- 10/02/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-02-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Synopsis:

SEASON FINALE - Episode 13 / Production #113 - "The Crazy Place" (Airs October 2, 10:00 pm e/p) - Sonya and Marco search for a missing girl. Charlotte meets someone who knows too much about her new business venture. Marco makes a decision that could change everything. Written by Elwood Reid & Dario Scardapane; directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.

episode 13/13

In case you don't know, this was renewed and will return next summer.

Preview:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uszR-yS_52o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-03-13, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: The Bridge -- Season Finale -- "The Crazy Place" -- 10/02/13

Did anybody watch this? I think it's one of the best new shows of the year.

Nobody's bitching about Diane Kruger now....are they?

She and Marco will both get nominations.
Old 10-03-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

What a set up for the next season! Marco having to put on a face for Sonya with ulterior motives that I think run further than just killing Tate. Starting to see how everything is coming together now. And I still expect Linder to go apeshit on those that were responsible for Eva. I'm wondering if Fausto knows already about the whole Eva situation since they offed that dirty cop who took her.

Was it me or did it feel weird to have Linder go to Hank's place? I guess we'll find out why Eva left the compound. I kind of chuckled and was hoping Hank would act like Buffalo Bill answering the door.

Last edited by devilshalo; 10-03-13 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-03-13, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
What a set up for the next season! Marco having to put on a face for Sonya with ulterior motives that I think run further than just killing Tate. Starting to see how everything is coming together now. And I still expect Linder to go apeshit on those that were responsible for Eva. I'm wondering if Fausto knows already about the whole Eva situation since they offed that dirty cop who took her.

Was it me or did it feel weird to have Linder go to Hank's place? I guess we'll find out why Eva left the compound. I kind of chuckled and was hoping Hank would act like Buffalo Bill answering the door.
I think she left the compound because the boyfriend was dead and she felt safe going back.

Yes it was weird having Linder there and Hank did a great job of showing his discomfort.

Really a great show. Diifficult to follow at first but very rewarding in the end and season 2 is set up brilliantly. Ridiculously well acted show.

Loved the fact that the DEA is on to them. Showed once again how intelligent this show is.

So happy it got renewed. Apparently though it is one of the most watched shows off of DVRs
Old 10-04-13, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, great finale.

The "problem" with this show is that's too late for me. And I try to watch it "live". So I'm really tired at 10 pm or so, and you really need to be 100% to really get this show.

I also wonder about all the subtitles, are people turned off by them?
Old 10-04-13, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Yeah, great finale.

The "problem" with this show is that's too late for me. And I try to watch it "live". So I'm really tired at 10 pm or so, and you really need to be 100% to really get this show.

I also wonder about all the subtitles, are people turned off by them?
You aren't alone there (10 pm), it more than doubles it's 18 - 49 rating on DVR:

Originally Posted by Variety
The 105% growth from “Live + same-day” (821,000) to “Live + 7” (1.684 million) makes “The Bridge” the most time-shifted show, on a percentage basis, in FX history.
Both The Bridge and The Americans are hugely popular DVR shows, along with USA's Graceland.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/fxs-...on-1200688440/
Old 10-04-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

I liked it, but I sort of feel let down. I mean I know they are setting us up for next season. I appreciate that. But after they took Tate down, the past 2 episodes have felt like they are just going through the motions to do that setup for next year. They should've saved the Tate takedown until the 2nd to last episode, IMHO.
Old 10-04-13, 09:28 AM

Sad to see the season end, as it's easily my favorite thing on TV. It'll definitely be a long wait for season two.

Had a feeling Daniela would disappear when she mentioned her nice new boss in the previous episode.
Old 10-04-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP Daniela's flower.
Old 10-07-13, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

Great fucking show. I devoured it in 2 days - all 13 episodes. A friend said that it should of ended at 10 episodes but then they would not have segued into Sonya wanting to investigate the Juarez girls killings.

Yes, Bechir will get a nomination. Maybe Krueger. I hated her at first, because of her stupid Asbergers's but she grew on me. She's way too hot to have that condition.

The subtitles did not bother me, because I'm Mexican and can understand everything that's being said. It was also great to see Matthew Lillard up in there!

June 2014 cannot come soon enough. I'll have to check out the Swedish original one now.
Old 10-07-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great season. Penultimate episode I was thinking it would be a boring ending but the last episode I liked how everything was set up for next season and makes me want to see what will happen next.
Old 11-19-13, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/mere...tuve-producer/

I posted this in the Homeland thread, but I guess I'll post it here too.

Meredith Stiehm, who created The Bridge and was it's showrunner is leaving the show. She is returning back to Homeland, where she worked during it's 1st season.

Elwood Reid, who is also a Producer on this show, will take over as showrunner.
Old 11-28-13, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just watched the whole season in the past couple of weeks. Very good show, really enjoyed it. Krueger didn't bother me, I picked up early that she had some sort of personality disorder.

I hope marco's wife comes back at some point, because while krueger is hot, that chick is on a whole different level.

It will be interesting to see what they come with for season 2, where they will have to create all their own material instead of remaking an existing show.