Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

FANgasm - SyFy 6 Episode Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-13, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
FANgasm - SyFy 6 Episode Series

From the producer of Jersey Shore comes Fangasm – a six-part docuseries that celebrates the incredibly unique, often misunderstood, and infinitely fascinating fan girl and fan boy culture. The show follows seven pop culture-obsessed fans (whose passions range from comic books and collectibles to science fiction and fantasy) living together in an LA apartment complex and working together at Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo. The seven must contend with each others oversized personalities and conflicting fandom as they vie for an opportunity to work within Lee's organization. Because when different passions come together, you get a real big bang.

TUESDAY'S 10/9C on SyFy
http://www.syfy.com/fangasm

Last edited by VHS?; 09-28-13 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-28-13, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: FANgasm - SyFy 6 Episode Series

Just watched the first episode that was on the DVR from LAST Tuesday.

It was fun and they are truly an eclectic group. Typical 'geeks' including a bitchy 'sexy ruins it for us' girl.
First episode was good. We get some personal issues come up from a couple of the house guests and one that actually made me get a a little teary-eyed was from Andrew. Amazingly, despite being the most geek looking (image in banner), he is the only one in the house with a significant other outside the house.

It's pretty much Real World/Jersey Shore with geeks, but for me, more interesting and no douche bags.
Old 09-29-13, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

The entire cast seems like true comic book nerds, so it does have a whiff of authenticity. It was a shocking moment when the guy cried after meeting George Takei.
Old 09-29-13, 11:19 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I actually enjoyed this. That Danielle girl is really cute.
Old 10-02-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Latest episode was good. I liked the fact that Adrianne Curry pretty much said 'deal with it' about the whole sexy cosplay thing to Molly.
If she feels it's so sexist, then why do you dress up in character that portrays it that way in comics? I dont like her. Fact, I like her the least of the whole crew.

Dani has to have naked pictures somewhere online. I know it!
Old 10-02-13, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by VHS?
Latest episode was good. I liked the fact that Adrianne Curry pretty much said 'deal with it' about the whole sexy cosplay thing to Molly.
If she feels it's so sexist, then why do you dress up in character that portrays it that way in comics? I dont like her. Fact, I like her the least of the whole crew.

Dani has to have naked pictures somewhere online. I know it!
FIND THEM!
Old 10-02-13, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

I was impressed with Dani's R2-D2 scream.
Old 10-02-13, 04:38 PM

At Dani going in to Sal's room to ask about the picture. She clearly had an itch to scratch. Poor guy... missed out.
Old 10-02-13, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I know they're young but they should've known better than ask Adrianne about that subject. She's posed in Playboy and her cosplay outfits are pretty revealing.

I wonder if those 2 girls at the bar were plants. Just seemed very convenient. Being totally out of his league, if there weren't cameras in their faces, I bet they would've given Paul a much lower grade than a B+. He seems like a nice guy, though.
Old 10-02-13, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Funny that Sal resembles Christopher Knight and he was hanging out with Adrianne.
I wonder if she thought the same. And agree that they should have thought twice to ask Adrianne about sexy cosplay.
Old 10-02-13, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love Dani.

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I wonder if those 2 girls at the bar were plants. Just seemed very convenient. Being totally out of his league, if there weren't cameras in their faces, I bet they would've given Paul a much lower grade than a B+. He seems like a nice guy, though.
I believe they were. I recall seeing the blonde with the overbite before. She was on some sort of summer dating game show a year or two ago where a bunch of women standing on stage and would gradually pass on the proposed date as things were revealed about the man. She's probably a model friend of Adrienne's.
Old 10-03-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Funny that Sal resembles Christopher Knight and he was hanging out with Adrianne.
I thought he looked like Knight also. But I totally forgot they were married and had a nasty divorce. I wonder if she almost shit a brick when she walked in... or maybe she was warned ahead of time of the resemblance.

Oh, if you go to the SyFy website for FANgasm, you can watch some of the other viral videos that wasn't shown.

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Fangasm/vid:2682328
Old 10-03-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The next time I hear a complaint about cosplay being sexist will be too soon. It is practically the only reason why the field exists in the first place.
Old 10-22-13, 10:03 AM

The final 2 episodes will air back to back tonight.

Dani Snow (on her Twitter) does not seem to think it will be back for a second season.
Old 10-22-13, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since Syfy has been putting the show on late the last couple weeks and are piggy backing the last two episodes, I figured this was it for the show.
Old 10-22-13, 10:43 AM

I hope Dani becomes a contestant on Face Off, or gets her own show. mmm
Old 10-22-13, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, that sucks. It was a fun show. I wonder if we ever find out if Mike and Molly ever hook up.
Old 10-22-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
Since Syfy has been putting the show on late the last couple weeks and are piggy backing the last two episodes, I figured this was it for the show.
That is correct, SyFy bumped this show out of primetime and is now burning off the last two episodes together. It is not coming back, though I can't really blame them.

These were authentic nerds but I don't think they were telegenic enough for mass consumption. The show struggled coming up with a weekly premise and focused on weak storylines like potential dating.
Old 10-22-13, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
I hope Dani becomes a contestant on Face Off, or gets her own show. mmm
or gets nekkid on myfreecams

It was a cool show but I never thought for once that it would get a 2nd season.
I actually missed 2 episodes due to the time change and since I did not set the DVR ...
Even with this limited TV exposure, you can bet their 15min will last a while at cons.
Old 10-23-13, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
That is correct, SyFy bumped this show out of primetime and is now burning off the last two episodes together. It is not coming back, though I can't really blame them.

These were authentic nerds but I don't think they were telegenic enough for mass consumption. The show struggled coming up with a weekly premise and focused on weak storylines like potential dating.
I could not agree more. They weren't over the top enough to be interesting, most of them lacked the charm necessary to be likable, and only Dani is easy on the eyes.

With that said, I almost wish I could see Molly walking around in the real world. She doesn't look attractive at all to me, but I know there's a difference between "TV hot" and real world hot.
Old 10-23-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess I will spoiler this in case people haven't seen the last episode that shows who Regina picked to get hired.

Spoiler:
Congrats to Dani. I think she's a good choice. Regina had tweeted that Dani was the only intern she didn't yell at. She also called Molly a mini version of herself so, during the one-on-one interviews, when Molly said Dani would be a good choice maybe that cemented Dani in as the pick.

Nice to see Sal finally kiss Dani even though it was still very awkward. For those that don't follow Dani on Twitter, she said her and Sal went on some epic dates after they finished taping FANgasm but they are not dating...still buddies.
Old 10-23-13, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the whole Sal/Dani relationship was instigated by Dani to draw attention to herself on this show and possibly become a reality celebrity. They barely had a relationship and it still dominated most of the episodes. Poor Sal got strung along until the very end.
Old 10-23-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Molly has a Q&A on ask.com that's been going on since the show started. She says it was not scripted. Everything was 100% as to how they reacted to the situations. Nothing was edited to make it look like someone said/did something differently. She also said they would warn each other on Facebook chat page if they said something mean during the confessionals. That way they would be prepared when that episode aired. And she said her and Mike never hooked up.

The whole cast will be at Comikaze to meet fans and do autographs.
Old 10-23-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Was there only episode since the first episode at 7pm was Face Off or the directv dvr made a mistake.
Old 10-23-13, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I missed the last episode because my DVR saw it wrong or something. Only got the first hour and what recorded as the first hour was actually a repeat of Face Off.
Anyone know if these are online anywhere. Would like to see the last hour.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.