Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lex Luthor Smallville question - spoilers!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Lex die in the season finale of the Seventh season? He did return in the series finale. But was that the real Lex or a clone? I think it was a clone and that the Green Arrow killed him in season 8 or 9.

Thanks

Last edited by Kube; 09-26-13 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lex Luthor Smallville question - spoilers!

Spoiler:
Parts of clones pasted together, yet somehow still had all the memories.

At least from what I remember
Old 09-26-13, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I'd put part of your OP in spoiler tags as the thread title gives no clue of when in the 10 seasons your spoiler refers to.
Old 09-26-13, 03:56 PM

Spoiler:
They rebuilt him from what was left of the explosion, clone parts, his father's heart, and some Darkseid magic.
I think. Point being it was supposed to be the real Lex.
Old 09-26-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Strange to have him died at the end of season 7, then kill him off camera in season 8. Well, off-camera ish. You know he's in the truck and you see the truck explode. I get that had to do with the actor playing Lex not being on the show anymore. But it was sort of convoluted. Is you're going to kill of a character...why not kill him off when you've actually showed you killed him off - in season 7. They could still have gotten his DNA at the Fortress of Solitude.

Was his father's heart from an alternate reality? I remember Lex killed Lionel.

(Trying to do that cool hide the spoiler move...let's see if it works.)
Old 09-26-13, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Kube
Strange to have him died at the end of season 7, then kill him off camera in season 8. Well, off-camera ish. You know he's in the truck and you see the truck explode. I get that had to do with the actor playing Lex not being on the show anymore. But it was sort of convoluted. Is you're going to kill of a character...why not kill him off when you've actually showed you killed him off - in season 7. They could still have gotten his DNA at the Fortress of Solitude.

Was his father's heart from an alternate reality? I remember Lex killed Lionel.

(Trying to do that cool hide the spoiler move...let's see if it works.)
Michael Rosenbaum left the show after season 7 and had no intention of coming back. However, in the final season Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, who were the showrunners, convinced him to come back for the series finale.
Old 09-26-13, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Right...that makes sense. It made sense to essentially kill him off at the end of Season 7 when the actor left the show. It made less sense to do it again in the middle of season 8. Don't you think?
Old 09-26-13, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kube
Did Lex die in the season finale of the Seventh season? He did return in the series finale. But was that the real Lex or a clone? I think it was a clone and that the Green Arrow killed him in season 8 or 9.

Thanks
Here's a more detailed breakdown...

Spoiler:
Lex was severely injured when the Fortress of Solitude collapsed on top of him and Clark, in the Season 7 finale "Arctic". Not long after, Tess Mercer declared him dead, after realizing he'd been spying on her through an ocular implant. Eventually, he was resuscitated with machinery, planting a Kryptonite bomb on top of the Daily Planet. Before Clark could stop him, Oliver planted one of Toyman's explosives in Lex's truck, killing him.

Much later, Tess Mercer discovers that Lex stashed several clones of himself, destroying all but one: a small child she names Alexander. Lionel Luthor returns from a parallel universe, trying to corrupt the boy, but he eventually sides with Clark under the alias "Conner Kent". Striking a deal with Darkseid to have Lex brought back, the alternate Lionel forfeits his own soul. Clark destroys Darkseid's new vessel, and Lex finally awakes...only to have his memory wiped clean by Tess, who he kills shortly before the effects fully take hold. Seven years later, "Lex" (still presumably unaware of his clone status) is in the running for the U.S. Presidency, as foretold in the Season 1 episode "Hourglass".