Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Duck Dynasty Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray 12/03/13

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Duck Dynasty Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray 12/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duck Dynasty - Confirmed: Seasons 1-3 coming to BD (and DVD) on December 3

Keep the camo-clad Robertsons in your sights at all times with this DUCK DYNASTY gift set from A&E. With these down-home millionaires from Louisiana, there's always somebody up to something that you can rest assured somebody else isn't going to like. See what happens when Willie hosts his own radio show, but makes the mistake of bringing Uncle Si on the air with him. Watch how his employee retreat fails to build trust among the Duck Commander team. And you'll want to catch Jase's plans to prevent Missy from finding out he's lost his second, newly replaced wedding ring. But the Robertsons never back down from a challenge, always taking on new adventures. Whether it's a family cooking, fishing or football competition; a blind leap into winemaking; a spontaneous road trip in the RV; or their run-ins with critters of all kinds, this clan makes the most of their funny business. And now you can, too. But please, don't fight over who gets to wear the enclosed DUCK DYNASTY bandana!
Last week we had news that "I'm Dreaming of a Redneck Christmas" would be hitting DVD in November, but in that news item was a rumor that we'd see a release of Seasons 1-3 on Blu-ray, as well as DVD. Well, it's no longer a rumor, as A&E and distributor Lionsgate have sent notification to retailers to expect both sets on December 3.
The Blu-ray set ($49.99 SRP) contains 6 discs, with Widescreen video and English 2.0 DTS Master Audio, while the 8 disc DVD set ($49.98 SRP) includes Widescreen video (we assume it's Anamorphic) with English 2.0 Dolby Digital Audio. Both sets run for 954 minutes, and include 70 minutes of bonus footage from existing seasons, plus never-before-seen special features! Also included is a limited-edition, exclusive Duck Camo Bandana!

Last edited by bigjim25; 09-18-13 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-18-13, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Duck Dynasty Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray 12/03/13

I'm surprised that this show is getting a bluray release after the first three seasons have been released as DVD only over the past year. Most fans of the show who are interested in owning those seasons have probably already picked them up (they've all been below $10). And there is a 0% chance that I'm going to upgrade my sets. The main appeal of the show is the comedic situations and sayings rather than striking visuals or action sequences. Not much reason to upgrade.