TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Suits -- Summer Finale -- "Stay" -- 9/17/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Suits -- Summer Finale -- "Stay" -- 9/17/13

Synopsis:

Harvey and Scottie find themselves on opposite sides when an old enemy complicates the Pearson Darby negotiations. Elsewhere, Sheila and Louis are at odds over a new hire, and Jessica is unhappy with Mike and Rachel.

Episode 10/16

Returns in early 2014
Old 09-18-13, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Suits -- Summer Finale -- "Stay" -- 9/17/13

Maybe it's because I've never been in a long distance relationship, but I really wasn't understanding the big deal of Rachel going to Stamford. Law School is 3 years, and these two certainly have the means and ability to make traveling across the country not that big of a deal. When my friend was in law school, it wasn't like she had a lot of time for anything else anyway. Maybe I'm being unfair to this plot thread, and the big issue is that Mike and Rachel's relationship is so new?
Old 09-19-13, 09:02 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of a weak finale IMHO.

Harvey's character is kinda becoming a sappy mush lately. He is now about apologizing, talking about his feelings, getting in a relationship blah blah.

Where is the cocky SOB that takes crap from no one??

Where is all the witty banter between Mike and Harvey and Harvery and Donna from earlier episodes?

Ehh this show is still good but it is getting away from what I thought made it great.

Rachel -- GET HER A SAMMICH PLEASE!! I thought she looked way better before going for the stick figure look. Not only that give her back her backbone!

And for the "cliffhanger" ending

Spoiler:
Good grief did they really have to go there with Louis. Seriously this is whats going to carry us through the next season, STUPID!! Is this how Louis is going to get his name on the door? They really need to steer away from the whole Mike's secret thing because at the pace they are going the whole damn firm is going to know by the end of the next episode.

Louis is still the best character on the show and the whole Sheila Zass stuff cracks me up every time they use her.

I hope this show goes back to what made it great but something tells me it won't.
Old 09-21-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GCS
Louis is still the best character on the show and the whole Sheila Zass stuff cracks me up every time they use her.
I agree, and I think that's because Louis has become very sympathetic. At first he was just a dick, but now we've seen that he's a guy that really is trying. I'm glad to see his role has only began to expand on the show. At first he was only slightly higher than a bit player, but now he's a bonafide second wrung main character.
Old 10-24-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-usa/211209/

Renewed for a 16 episode 4th season for next summer.

The current season resumes in January

I know a few people here have hated season 3.

Quick thoughts about season 3A. I was happy they gave Donna a lot of storyline. Loved the backstory between her and Harvey. Wasn't crazy about the whole Mike and Rachel thing and how acceptance to Stanford. Harvey is still cool, but his "relationship" with Scottie is BS. Was glad they wrapped up the whole murder plot pretty quickly.
Old 10-25-13, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Hmmmm. I really liked season 3.