TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Low Winter Sun -- "Cake on the Way" -- 9/08/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Low Winter Sun -- "Cake on the Way" -- 9/08/13

Synopsis:

The DPD's investigation intensifies when a low-level murder is linked to McCann. Meanwhile, Damon has to pay the cost of his ambitions.

Episode 5 of 10
Old 09-08-13, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Low Winter Sun -- "Cake on the Way" -- 9/08/13

Anyone?
Old 09-09-13, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Regardless of whether it comes back for another season, the wife and I are in it 'til the end. I would hate to see this show go as we both look forward to seeing it as it airs. And Lennie James continues to impress me.

The not-so-unexpected turn on Damon and his gang finally happened. I figured it was only a matter of time. The ending is puzzling me with the shot of the car just sitting there at the end. Did I miss something or did all they show was the car sitting there? I was too busy trying to make out if there was something going on on the left side of the screen as it appeared extra dark on my tv.
Old 09-09-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I enjoyed the episode. I'm prepared for this show to not come back next year so I hope we aren't building towards some big cliffhanger.
Old 09-09-13, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loved the scene where Agnew and Geddes were trying to come up with a cover story for McCann's murder. Those actors have good rapport. The rest of the episode fell pretty flat.

The stuff with Damon and his gang just isn't very interesting. They had a long, dramatic death scene with the one guy (don't even know his name) that carried no dramatic punch, because we don't care about any of these characters.
Old 09-09-13, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I enjoyed the episode. I'm prepared for this show to not come back next year so I hope we aren't building towards some big cliffhanger.
The biggest letdown would be for this show to have the last 2 or 3 episodes be REALLY good and then announce it's been cancelled. I HATE THAT! It's happened to TV shows in the past.
Old 09-09-13, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

So the homeless ex-cop was married to the bar tender previously? Was that what I got out of that confrontation at the bar?

Edit: Ok. The later conversation confirmed that.

Last edited by Deftones; 09-09-13 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
The ending is puzzling me with the shot of the car just sitting there at the end. Did I miss something or did all they show was the car sitting there? I was too busy trying to make out if there was something going on on the left side of the screen as it appeared extra dark on my TV.
Most of the episode was shot extra dark. I think what happened was that they were taking Mike to the ER with a serious gunshot would. For whatever reason, they decided to stop on a quiet street and let him bleed out and die in the car. Self-preservation? Desire for revenge against the other gang? I was a little befuddled, as a drop-and-run of a heavy bleeder outside a Detroit ER probably wouldn't bat an eye.
Old 09-10-13, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Most of the episode was shot extra dark. I think what happened was that they were taking Mike to the ER with a serious gunshot would. For whatever reason, they decided to stop on a quiet street and let him bleed out and die in the car. Self-preservation? Desire for revenge against the other gang? I was a little befuddled, as a drop-and-run of a heavy bleeder outside a Detroit ER probably wouldn't bat an eye.
They were afraid he would talk, or somehow get tied back to them. Just before he died he said, "I wouldn't have said anything".
Old 09-10-13, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Yeah I saw all that. It was the very last shot with the camera focused on their car down below just sitting in the street for the last 10-15 seconds of that episode. I assumed it was just a shot of the car sitting there waiting for him to die.
Old 09-10-13, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea, that's what it was. They switched to a wide shot and you could just see the car's tail lights against the blacked-out street scene. Fun place, Detroit.
Old 09-11-13, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show's gone after this season. It lost 84.6% of its lead-in (BB) this week.