Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Castlevania" Movie...Your Ideas?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-13, 02:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A film based on the supernatural video-game series was planned a few years ago, but unfortunately fell through. If one ever does get made, who would you like to see for the different roles? What story would you like to see told on the silver screen? Here's a link to the various characters that have appeared in the series; let's hear your picks!

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters
Old 09-08-13, 03:04 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: "Castlevania" Movie...Your Ideas?

No. Fortunately it fell through. Paul W.S. Anderson was going to do it. Unless you're talking about someone else who was working on it.
Old 09-08-13, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I always had an idea for a Castlevania movie, separate from the game continuity, where various members of the Belmont clan (some with loose ties and even an illegitimate descendant) were brought together by a mysterious figure (I always pictured Jeremy Irons for some reason) to enter Castlevania (which would encompase the surrounding territory as well as the castle itself) in order to combat the growing evil within. One by one they each bite the dust in any number of grisly ways (always pictured one guy getting dismembered by a trap of multiple giant axes) until the last two (the old man being one of them) make it to Dracula's lair and do battle with him. The old man turns out to be another in the line of Belmont, yadda, yadda, yadda. And the last man standing is the old man that put the group together. The end (?).

At least that's how I imagined it back since junior high.
Old 09-08-13, 03:50 AM
Banned

Jeremy Irons would make a good Dracula.
Old 09-08-13, 04:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I always had an idea for a Castlevania movie, separate from the game continuity, where various members of the Belmont clan (some with loose ties and even an illegitimate descendant) were brought together by a mysterious figure (I always pictured Jeremy Irons for some reason) to enter Castlevania (which would encompase the surrounding territory as well as the castle itself) in order to combat the growing evil within. One by one they each bite the dust in any number of grisly ways (always pictured one guy getting dismembered by a trap of multiple giant axes) until the last two (the old man being one of them) make it to Dracula's lair and do battle with him. The old man turns out to be another in the line of Belmont, yadda, yadda, yadda. And the last man standing is the old man that put the group together. The end (?).

At least that's how I imagined it back since junior high.
That actually would very different from what is known but I like the idea if the older guy surging it all. I'd dig that. Also... I love Irons. What was his last movie?
Old 09-08-13, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Beautiful Creatures was the last movie of his released. Apparently he's in a movie called Night Train to Lisbon that's currently in post production.
Old 09-08-13, 08:40 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

The reboot of the Castlevania game, Lords of Shadows, is pretty much what I always thought a theatrical movie would sort of be like. Castlevania is one of the very few games I have continued to play since I was a kid. Looking forward to LoS2 when it comes out February of next year . I'll call out one character which I have always thought was absolute shit - Alucard. Dumb fucking name (Dracula backwards...ooooh), and he's the opposite of his brother. Fuck you Alucard.

I think if done right with the right creative team, there is a real kickass Castlevania trilogy of movies that could be made. And Paul W.S. Anderson is NOT the one who should do it.
Old 09-08-13, 08:45 AM
Banned by request

Oh, and if they ever make a Castlevania movie, do NOT make it anything like Van Helsing. Fuck you Van Helsing. Make it something like this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vUcUz5Vo6iw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-08-13, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
No. Fortunately it fell through. Paul W.S. Anderson was going to do it. Unless you're talking about someone else who was working on it.
Yeah, this was the last I heard of the project.
Old 09-08-13, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If this was EVER made, Hollywood would make it PG-13 and all sparkly. This would have to be a Japanese made film to do this any justice.
Old 09-08-13, 10:42 AM
Banned

i dont know if you know but they cant afford a good looking effects movie of that scale.
Old 09-08-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Base it off the PS game Symphony of the Night, and use the same soundtrack, too. I'd see that if the right team were behind it.
Old 09-08-13, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
i dont know if you know but they cant afford a good looking effects movie of that scale.
Make it animation. I don't care as long as the story and music are true.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_MM_Q0nfaG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-08-13, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
If this was EVER made, Hollywood would make it PG-13 and all sparkly.
I can picture Portrait of Ruin being made into a teen film.
Old 09-08-13, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I'll call out one character which I have always thought was absolute shit - Alucard. Dumb fucking name (Dracula backwards...ooooh), and he's the opposite of his brother. Fuck you Alucard.
Since when did he have a brother? Alucard's given name in the series is Adrian, but he uses the alias as a way to explain he's not like his father Dracula. The name itself actually comes from a 1940s Universal film called "Son of Dracula".
Old 09-08-13, 02:53 PM
Banned

Doesn't mean it's not stupid. I too have always thought that name was goofy. I like SotN a lot but his most known name is stupid. Neat maybe in the 40s but not now.
Old 09-08-13, 03:27 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4
Since when did he have a brother? Alucard's given name in the series is Adrian, but he uses the alias as a way to explain he's not like his father Dracula. The name itself actually comes from a 1940s Universal film called "Son of Dracula".
Brain fart, meant his son. But they used the name Alucard even though it was Adrian. Either way, fucking stupid name. Like Snake said, maybe cool on the 40's, but not now. Out of all the Castlevania games and characters, this is the only character that constantly got on my nerves.
Old 09-08-13, 04:02 PM
Banned

I thought the notion of Dracula's own son being one of his biggest opponents was a great story idea. "Symphony" makes it clear that Drac's war on humanity originally began because his mortal wife Lisa was falsely accused of witchcraft for healing the sick, and burned at the stake. Yet, in her most desperate hour, she tells her son, "don't hate humans, for theirs is already a hard lot. If you can't live with them, at least do them no harm." Adrian took this advice, but Dracula let his anger and heartbreak control him, which led to the war.

I'd really like to see a film based on how Dracula became the Vampire King of the series, with the Crimson Stone and deceiving Leon Belmont.
Old 09-08-13, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4
I thought the notion of Dracula's own son being one of his biggest opponents was a great story idea.
Its one of the most overdone story elements of all time. Especially ever since Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader made it so popular, other stories have been copying the son vs father plot.
Old 09-08-13, 04:25 PM
Banned

Yep. It's way overplayed to death. Super cliche. I would like to see a Leon Belmont movie though...except you know...written and visually developed better.
Old 09-08-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I would pick Ben Affleck to play the role as Simon in Castlevania.
Old 09-08-13, 06:06 PM
Suspended

Bill Hader as Simon Belmont and make it comedic in tone like Young Frankenstein.
Old 09-09-13, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's only fair that every vampire be an androgynous pretty boy.
Old 09-09-13, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To me, the most obvious casting choice is:

Kate Beckinsale as Shanoa. "I am the morning sun, come to vanquish the horrible night."
Old 09-09-13, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any time the movie starts getting good, flying Medusa heads need to show up and destroy the momentum.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.