Reload this Page >

VCI - Labor Day Sale - 50% off, site wide - through September 3rd

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-31-13, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VCI is having a Labor Day Sale. Running now through September 3rd. The deal is 50% off, site wide...note, it is 50% off the full SRP, not the current item prices listed on the site. Coupon code: LABOR50

Following is the link to VCI's website:
http://www.vcientertainment.com
Old 08-31-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts
Re: VCI - Labor Day Sale - 50% off, site wide - through September 3rd

I have 2 questions. I know these have been addressed here before, but to avoid a search.............

1. I remember a series of posts that some VCI's are now burned MODS. Is there any way to tell short of a phone call?

2. Is there a free S&H threshold?
Old 08-31-13, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never ordered from them directly so can't answer #2...although there's no harm in making a mock order to find out. I suspect not.

As for #1, I was on their site again recently, after they announced their own Blu-Ray of White Zombie, and decided to browse, particularly at their movie serials. Compared to the last time I visited, they appear to have all their DVD-R serials marked appropriately, including a few that I hadn't realized had gone DVD-R. So (knock on wood) I do believe they've finally taken responsibility for this DVD vs. DVD-R business.

Hope that helps. I might have jumped on this sale myself, but am already at my budget.
Old 09-01-13, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm over my budget already too, I ordered the Universal Monster Blu-ray box from Amazon.UK (aprox $37.20, that's how broke I am!)
Old 09-01-13, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it normal to get an email invoice from them with just the total but not a list of the items I ordered?

By the way, add me to the list of people that are over their budget. This is definitely an addiction.
Old 09-02-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorWhosScarf
Is it normal to get an email invoice from them with just the total but not a list of the items I ordered?

By the way, add me to the list of people that are over their budget. This is definitely an addiction.
What I was more concerned about is after placing the order the cart did not clear and I was concerned the order didn't go through. Thankfully I checked my e-mail which showed the order was received instead of clicking confirm order button again and getting a duplicate order. Thanks OP $10 blu rays are a good deal.
Old 09-04-13, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
What I was more concerned about is after placing the order the cart did not clear and I was concerned the order didn't go through. Thankfully I checked my e-mail which showed the order was received instead of clicking confirm order button again and getting a duplicate order. Thanks OP $10 blu rays are a good deal.
That same thing happened with the cart and I did click the button twice. I only got one email from them listing the total for one order, so I'm hoping I don't get charged twice.