TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Continuum -- "Second Last" -- 8/23/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Continuum -- "Second Last" -- 8/23/13

Synopsis:

Kiera and Carlos must stop Travis after he gets his hands on a second CPS suit while Alec and Emily try to escape the mysterious Freelancers and deal a revelation about his past that could change everything.

Episode 12 of 13
Old 08-24-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Continuum -- "Second Last" -- 8/23/13

Man, that shootout was intense!

As much as you're supposed to root for Kira, she sure does make some bad choices. Definitely left Emily for dead.

I don't know what's going on with the police chief. At times he seems like his old self, but then he's irrational and possessed by Escher.

Still can't tell if Escher is with the Freelancers or doing his own thing. He does own Piron though, correct? Still seems like a competitor to Sadtech in 2077.

Speaking of Freelancers - did they come back to life?! That was rather creepy. I was glad to see Carlos hold his own, even if he did take a beating during the process.

Can't believe finale is already next week.
Old 08-24-13, 03:02 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

DirecTV has fucked me over one too many times with this show, by not recording when it should have. I was only marginally on board anyway, and I'm taking it as a sign to be done with this show.
Old 08-24-13, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TGM
DirecTV has fucked me over one too many times with this show, by not recording when it should have. I was only marginally on board anyway, and I'm taking it as a sign to be done with this show.
If you missed any episodes, there is an all day marathon next Friday leading into the finale.

Oh wait, you have like 5 kids and are like 100 hours behind on TV. Never mind then.
Old 08-24-13, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Yeah didn't record last night for me either. But the past 2 are recording on Sunday morning. Odd that it has only been these past 2 which didn't record.
Old 08-24-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty awesome episode.

The shootout against the Freelancers was indeed really intense.

And wow, RIP to Emily. You can now kind of see the framework for what is leading Alec to becoming who he is in the future.

Kiera became all about her in this episode. Now she's a fugitive and Carlos is taking on the heat to protect her.

The finale next week should be interesting.

BTW, they haven't really addressed Betty as the mole since her reveal earlier in the season. But, they did give some hints here that she's a believer. Anyone think she may have part in setting up Kiera?

Okay, this has to be said, but Lexa Doig is hot as shit. Michael Shanks is so lucky that he gets to come home to that every night.
Old 08-24-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,019 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Man, that shootout was intense!
That was a great scene! Instead of being just your typical "A-Team" style bullet-fest (I'm looking at you, Burn Notice), this one was actually excellent storytelling. You could see each character making choices about their allegiances. Emily choosing Alec and love over Esher's power and threats. Alec deciding to trust her despite her lies. Carlos always having his partner's back whatever his misgivings about her. Kiera abandoning her friends on the roof to go after the device--because otherwise she might never see her son and husband again--and then reacting with shame when she realized what she'd done. Great scene. The hand-to-hand fights and close-up gun fighting was really well done, too.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay, this has to be said, but Lexa Doig is hot as shit. Michael Shanks is so lucky that he gets to come home to that every night.
Lexa Doig looks like she's barely aged in the last 15 years.
Old 08-24-13, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ That is actually a great summation. So much of that could be lost just focusing on the bullets.

You do have to wonder what happens though. If what we are seeing already happened - Jason fathering Alec being a clue - then why would Alec chose to send Kira back if she caused or led to the death of Emily?
Old 08-25-13, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Turns out Amanda Tapping from SG-1 directed this.
Old 08-28-13, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode. I can't wait for the finale!