Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Act of Valor 2 - S.W.A.T. theme

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 07:04 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: Relativity and the Bandito Brothers scored a #1 domestic opening when they brought Act Of Valor about U.S. Navy SEALS to the big screen in February 2012 and grossed over $70M all in. Now the pair are re-teaming on another R-rated gritty actioner – this time about elite SWAT officers in the upcoming sequel. Relativity has acquired the worldwide rights to finance, produce and distribute Act of Valor 2. I’ve learned Scott Wiper (The Condemned, A Better Way To Die) is attached to write and direct and the Bandito Brothers will produce again. A year ago, Relativity Television announced it would produce a scripted drama series based on the original film in collaboration with the Bandito Brothers but it’s still in development. The first film was based on an original script by Kurt Johnstad (300) and directed by Bandito Brothers partners Mike ‘Mouse’ McCoy and Scott Waugh. It featured a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs alongside actors Roselyn Sanchez, Alex Veadov, Jason Cottle and Nester Serrano, in a fictionalized account of a real-life operation. The Bandito Brothers consist of 8 partners who hatch, produce and independently finance content ranging from features to documentaries and commercials and programming for TV and digital. On Act Of Valor, they raised the $12M budget and flew under the radar until they were ready to take the finished film to the marketplace and see the high upside. Relativity Media won a bidding battle and paid $13M for distribution and a $30M P&A commitment of that first film – the biggest money paid for a finished film with an unknown cast at that time. Ryan Kavanaugh et al even took out 4 Super Bowl game day ads.. (FYI, a novelization of that script, “Tom Clancy Presents Act of Valor”, was written by Dick Couch and George Galdorsi and released in paperback by Clancy’s publisher.)
Old 08-21-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts
Re: Act of Valor 2 - S.W.A.T. theme

I'd watch it. Act of Valor's action scenes were excellent, so I'll assume the same will be said about the sequel.
Old 08-21-13, 08:03 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

i liked AoV actually. surprised me. no acting, but the action was intense and plausible at least. i'd be down...
Old 08-21-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoyed AoV for what it was as well. Visuals and sound effects were top notch and while the story and acting was a throw away, it was a fun ride.
Old 08-21-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I got to meet Scott Waugh a month or so back... he's a cool guy so I'll support his projects.
Old 08-21-13, 08:41 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Act of Valor wasn't too bad at all. Not sure about another, but we'll see.