Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Unforgettable (Poppy Montgomery/Dylan Walsh) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sundays (CBS)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Unforgettable (Poppy Montgomery/Dylan Walsh) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sundays (CBS)

Old 07-28-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts

UNFORGETTABLE, starring Poppy Montgomery as a police detective with a rare condition that makes her memory so flawless that everything is embedded in her mind, and Dylan Walsh as her ex-boyfriend and partner, returns for its second season on Sunday, July 28 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).

"Bigtime" - Carrie and Al's reputation for closing cases results in an offer to join the Major Crimes Section of the NYPD. But when their first case - a high-profile child kidnapping - hits close to home for Carrie, it leaves her wondering if a move from Queens to Manhattan is what's best for her, on the second season premiere of UNFORGETTABLE, Sunday, July 28 (9:00 - 10:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Dallas Roberts ("The Good Wife," "The Walking Dead") joins the cast as Eliot Delson, Head of the NYPD's Major Crimes Section. Andrew McCarthy guest stars as the father of a kidnapped child.

As some of you probably know, this was cancelled about 1 year ago, but was brought back as a summer series. 13 episodes. They dumped 4 of the original cast members. Jane Curtain is back in season 2 as a regular.

Thought the 1st season was good, not great. I liked Montgomery and Walsh, so hell why not? It's a procedural drama, so not anticipating much commentary if any, but I figured 1 thread should be good enough.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-28-13 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-28-13, 02:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Unforgettable (Poppy Montgomery/Dylan Walsh) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sundays (CBS)

Nothing else t watch...I'll give this show a shot.
Old 07-28-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Unforgettable (Poppy Montgomery/Dylan Walsh) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sundays (CBS)

I liked it on it's initial run. Is this the first of the new 13?
Old 07-28-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
I liked it on it's initial run. Is this the first of the new 13?
Yup, season premiere is tonight.

Here's a little 2 1/2 minute video about the new season. The Producers basically say that it's a re-introduction to the show and characters. Tonight's premiere is almost like a 2nd Pilot to the show.

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=72KcxHqEhqjl&partner=cbs&gen=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="270" src="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=72KcxHqEhqjl&partner=cbs&gen=1" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 07-31-13, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Watched the premiere tonight. Poppy looked good for just having a baby shortly before filming.

The Producers were right in that promo. It felt like I was watching another Pilot for the show. If you didn't see any of season 1, it really didn't matter here. The only thing that carried over was the Carrie and Al characters.

Funny that Dallas Roberts, who plays Alicia's brother on The Good Wife, is the new boss of Al and Carrie.

Case of the week was interesting. Good to see John Scurti from Rescue Me again. Not too many fat middle aged guys like him get cast on a big network series.
Old 08-06-13, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Watched Sundays episode tonight. Pretty good.

Really impressive guest stars:

Erin Cummings from Spartacus

Sendhil Ramamurthy from Heroes and Covert Affairs

Terry Serpico from Rescue Me and Army Wives

I enjoyed the heist plot with Carrie going undercover. at the robbers using code names from characters on Diff'rent Strokes. Why the hell did Carrie get "Pearl" instead of "Kimberly?"

As I said in week 1, they have really changed the dynamics of the show. The only thing this has in common with season 1 is Al and Carrie along with Jane Curtain's character.
Old 09-12-13, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 714 Likes on 584 Posts

Did they end after 7 episodes or is there a 8th unaired episode somewhere?
Old 09-12-13, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Summer Finale aired Sunday. There wasn't enough weeks to air all 13 episodes. Don't know if it will resume or not.

They also aired the episodes out of order. Episode 11 was the one that aired Sunday.
Old 09-12-13, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 595 Likes on 430 Posts

I didn't get a feel for season two. Watched but it was meh.
Old 09-14-13, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 714 Likes on 584 Posts

So these are all the shows they aired unless they put them online or air in a foreign market?
Old 09-14-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the season one cast and feel much better. This major crimes stuff was pretty "meh". I also hate how at the beggining of each episode she is placed in an improbable situation where her memory comes into play. This show could die and I wouldn't miss it in the slightest, I may watch it if it came back but it would be the first to be cut if there were even the slightest DVR conflicts.
Old 09-27-13, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk God

http://m.deadline.com/2013/09/unforg...-season-3-cbs/

Renewed for a 3rd season today. Wow!! I thought this show was dead, especially since they cut the summer season short.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-28-13 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-27-13, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://m.deadline.com/2013/09/unforg...-season-3-cbs/

renewed for a 3rd season. Wow!! I thought this show was dead. Now they just need to air the last 4 episodes.
Probably so the show can get enough episodes to where it can go to syndication on TNT or USA
Old 09-28-13, 12:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Probably so the show can get enough episodes to where it can go to syndication on TNT or USA
So just 4 more 13 episode Seasons to go.....
Old 09-28-13, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk God

I'm guessing it got renewed because Sony gave CBS a good deal or is covering more the production costs (since they co-produce the show), plus being that it's a 100% procedural now, it can make both parties money in overseas sales, streaming etc.

There isn't enough episodes for syndication. There will only be 35 episodes after season 2 finishes.

Also, need to correct myself, there is 6 episodes left to air. My guess is they will air around November or December when everything is on winter break.
Old 09-28-13, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm guessing it got renewed because Sony gave CBS a good deal or is covering more the production costs (since they co-produce the show), plus being that it's a 100% procedural now, it can make both parties money in overseas sales, streaming etc.

There isn't enough episodes for syndication. There will only be 35 episodes after season 2 finishes.

Also, need to correct myself, there is 6 episodes left to air. My guess is they will air around November or December when everything is on winter break.
unless a 1 hour show gets cancelled early & they have something to air.
Old 09-28-13, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
unless a 1 hour show gets cancelled early & they have something to air.
It was pulling low 1s in the Summer. Why would it replace anything CBS would pull? Do you think it would achieve higher ratings?

Cancelled shows have episodes unaired...they would just burn them off first instead of swapping it.