Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else annoyed when sites don't follow their own policy?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-13, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WWE Shop is having a DVD sale. I saw a few items that were cheaper than Amazon, but I really didn't want to spend anymore this month. I was planning to pre-order WWE 2k14 for October on Amazon anyway, so I looked through WWE Shop's policies for shipping and pre-orders.

From their "General Customer Service" page:
If you purchase a pre-ordered item along with in-stock items, your entire order will be held until the pre-ordered item is available. Notes will be included on the Product Details page.
By that description, they should've held the entire order until October. So why the hell did the rest of my order just ship!?!?!?
Old 07-19-13, 02:35 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Anyone else annoyed when sites don't follow their own policy?

Sue them.
Old 07-19-13, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Amazon sometimes does that too (or used to do so). I placed an order the same as you did - not expecting shipment until next month when the pre-order was to be released because I didn't want any more CC charges this month. But, they went ahead and shipped the items which were available even though I had checked the box which indicated I wanted them to wait until all items were available before shipping.

Since that time I have never ordered anything until I have been ready to pay for it in this month's credit card charges! I suggest that you start doing likewise.
Old 07-19-13, 07:57 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

no, I love it!
Old 07-19-13, 07:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by danwiz
Amazon sometimes does that too (or used to do so). I placed an order the same as you did - not expecting shipment until next month when the pre-order was to be released because I didn't want any more CC charges this month. But, they went ahead and shipped the items which were available even though I had checked the box which indicated I wanted them to wait until all items were available before shipping.

Since that time I have never ordered anything until I have been ready to pay for it in this month's credit card charges! I suggest that you start doing likewise.
Yeah. I know it's possible with Amazon. WWE Shop's own policy stated very clearly that it wouldn't ship though. Now I have $100 worth of BDs from that sale coming that I didn't expect until WWE 2k14 released. Oh well. I overspent this month. At least I knocked off almost all the WWE BDs I currently want. I'm still annoyed, and I emailed bitching that they need to follow their own goddamn policies.
Old 07-19-13, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danwiz
Amazon sometimes does that too (or used to do so).
They still do. I had an order scheduled to arrive Aug 4-6th and then got an e-mail July 2nd saying that they had tried charging me and it failed and if I didn't get things straightened out within 48 hours then the order would be cancelled. I spoke with 4 cust service reps and none could explain anything about the situation to me. So I had to take an hour to get the funds and deposit them. Of course they didn't ship ANY part of the order for another 9 days.

So yeah, it can be annoying.
Old 07-22-13, 02:38 PM
Banned

Son of a bitch! Bad enough they shipped part of the order early. They also charged for the pre-order item that doesn't release until October. Who the hell charges for the item in full months before it ships!? Now I definitely have to call and bitch.