TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter -- "Every Silver Lining" -- 7/07/13

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Dexter -- "Every Silver Lining" -- 7/07/13

Synopsis:

Miami Metro continues its search for the Brain Surgeon, and Dr. Vogel enlists Dexter's help. Meanwhile, Debra works a case and is forced to take matters into her own hands.

Episode 2 of 12

Preview:

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2503525912001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2503525912001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 07-07-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Every Silver Lining" -- 7/07/13

Looks really good, stoked for the episode. I know it's early on but I'm really feeling this season is going to be a great sendoff for the show so far.
Old 07-07-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Really liked tonight's episode. Interesting to get some background information on Dexter's early years through Vogel and her taped sessions with Harry. Not sure if I exactly love the idea that Dexter sort of seems like he was some kind of experiment that she hatched out of Harry's desperation to help Dexter but her character is kind of interesting. Vogel is a pretty creepy character thus far if you ask me and one of the more interesting characters the show has introduced in a while.

It seems like there has to be more to her than what we know so far and I almost wonder if she's The Brain Surgeon herself or if that type of twist would be a bit too obvious. She really doesn't seem to have much of a problem with serial killers herself and said they're needed and had a part in making Dexter who he is so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if she's killed in the past herself. Another possibility is that she has another "creation" and is testing Dexter.

Deb continuing to spiral out of control was interesting too and again I have to applaud Jennifer Carpenter's acting skills. Sooner or later it seems like her actions are going to catch up with her and lead to her either getting caught or possibly Batista finding something out about the night that her and Dexter burned the church to destroy evidence of Dexter killing Travis and piece together that she had a part in killing LaGuerta.

Last edited by Mike86; 07-07-13 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-07-13, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I like what's going on so far but I'm also hoping the twist isn't that Vogel is the Brain Surgeon. It would have been ridiculous if Vogel was performing the murder herself but after seeing the DVD that was left in her apartment it could easily be her. I'll be bummed if it's that obvious.

The Deb stuff has been very good. I liked her dropping that she may kill Dexter.
Old 07-07-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Based on how obvious it was that the Edward James Olmos character was dead in the early part of that season, I fully expect Vogel to be behind the murders.
Old 07-07-13, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Vogel seems to be playing with Dexter's head. I think she may be a "master-mind" type of serial killer - or a puppet-master for them. I bet we'll be in for a big shock with her this season.
Old 07-07-13, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how the show's beginning to insinuate more and more that Dexter may not actually be a psychopath.
Old 07-07-13, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol at the air conditioning scene...
Old 07-07-13, 11:46 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I was thinking Dexter's hottie is the one forcing the killings.
Old 07-07-13, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
lol at the air conditioning scene...
I thought the same...

Love where the show is going....
Old 07-08-13, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I was thinking Dexter's hottie is the one forcing the killings.
She will be back at some point, but wasn't poison more her style?

It seemed awfully convenient that Vogel knew it was a DVD right away. I mean, if it was in a DVD keepcase it would be different, but with a jewel case I don't think you can make that assumption unless you get closer than where she was standing.
Old 07-08-13, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Good stuff tonight.

I enjoyed seeing the development in Vogel and Dexter's relationship.

And yes, Carpenter was great again. Deb is definitely out of control.

I'm intrigued to find out who the mystery person was on the DVD that forced Sussman to make that kill and killed him later on. I don't think there are any signs that point it to Vogel.
Old 07-08-13, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No more Jaime sex?
Old 07-08-13, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder with how Vogel is connecting with Dexter and Deb is now on the wrong side of the code. Maybe Deb ends up on the table.
Old 07-08-13, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk God

One thing I did enjoy was seeing Ahn-Hell start to develop some respect for Quinn and encourage him to better himself.
Old 07-08-13, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

My own theory, I know nothing past these two episodes so there are no spoilers:

I think Vogel will prove to be a creator of serial killers. She's already stated that she thinks psychopaths are 'perfect' and she has said that she uses 'different' methods with her patients. We know she knows everything about Dexter, including his love for Deb. She knows that Deb killed Laguerta and will show Dexter that Deb fits the code. Her end game is to prove that Dexter truly has no empathy by having him put Deb on the table.
Old 07-08-13, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Having Vogel be the creator Dexter the serial killer is an interesting endgame.

Opens up the possibility that Dexter realizes that he was programmed to be what he is and is thus able to give it up his dark passenger and lead a normal life. Or he does that and then gets caught.

Interesting to see where they go with Deb. She seems to be broken beyond repair... realizing that she has romantic feelings for Dexter, learning he's a serial killer, and then murdering LaGuerta in cold blood to protect his secret.

Will Deb crash and burn, resulting in her death? Will this push Dexter to make Vogel his final kill?
Old 07-08-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"The Dexter Identity"?
Old 07-08-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
She knows that Deb killed Laguerta and will show Dexter that Deb fits the code. Her end game is to prove that Dexter truly has no empathy by having him put Deb on the table.
Yeah, I said something to my wife along those lines last night as well.
Old 07-08-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are going an interesting path. They can fail miserably, like in previous seasons, but at least right now everything looks fine. I think the thing that can help them, it's that they are working with an end in mind. They are not limited in that case. So they can go all balls in with whatever creative decisions they want.
Old 07-08-13, 10:19 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001

I think Vogel will prove to be a creator of serial killers. She's already stated that she thinks psychopaths are 'perfect' and she has said that she uses 'different' methods with her patients. We know she knows everything about Dexter, including his love for Deb. She knows that Deb killed Laguerta and will show Dexter that Deb fits the code. Her end game is to prove that Dexter truly has no empathy by having him put Deb on the table.
I agree with that and I think that one she created will turn out to be Hannah. Just a gut feel. Certainly could be wrong. But they are hiding it for effect when revealed, not sure who else would be a shock other than Vogel herself or Hannah.
Old 07-08-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with that and I think that one she created will turn out to be Hannah. Just a gut feel. Certainly could be wrong. But they are hiding it for effect when revealed, not sure who else would be a shock other than Vogel herself or Hannah.
agree completely. Vogel most certainly is the mastermind here and the Hannah reveal would make sense.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of retcon and we find out Vogel is semi-responsible for the Ice Truck Killer as well.
Old 07-08-13, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, when I saw the fact that he was being forced to cut the brain out at gun point, and Deb's comment to Dexter about how El Sapo wasn't the first person she's killed, and won't be the last the first thought I had was that Deb and Vogel were working together to try and take down Dexter. I also really wouldn't be surprised if we have some kind of Deb vs Dexter thing going on later in the season.
Old 07-08-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

I really hope it's not Vogel - it looks too obvious and at the same time it'd be yet another serial killer on the inside... which is just too much already. It can't be Hannah - it's way out of her range. It would also be too crazy for it to be Deb.

I like the Vogel/Dexter dynamic - hope they keep it on the up and up, and not do some major twist with who she is.
Old 07-08-13, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I thought Dexter's first kill was the nurse who was killing Harry. Am I remembering wrong?

I got a Lost flashback thanks to Make Your Own Kind of Music.

I was also glad to see Papa's lives on. Sweet resolution!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.