Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Blackfoot remasters

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Blackfoot remasters

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-13, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Blackfoot remasters

Rock Candy is remastering classic Blackfoot titles Maurader, Tomcatin and Strikes. Blackfoot's best three that they ever made. Release date unknown, i've been looking on Amazon, haven't shown up yet.
Old 06-30-13, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Blackfoot remasters

Super underrated band. Looking forward to these. I even remember when Uriah Heep's Ken Hensley joined the band briefly for SIOGO.

Rick Medlocke was a crazy fuck. I remember seeing them open for The Who in Oakland, Ca in 1980 I believe.
Old 07-01-13, 07:16 AM

Blackfoot was one of my favorite bands. But after these three releases, I read that the record company decided to change their sound. They wanted to turn them into more of a commercial pop band. Which destroyed them. Needless to say I lost interest in them and looked in other places for music.
Old 07-02-13, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Both Tomcattin' and Marauder kick major ass. Saw these guys open up for REO Speedwagon on the latter's Hi Infidelity tour and was blown away. Rick Medlocke really knew how to grab an audience and hold them in a headlock when performing. As my friend used to refer to them, "3 Indians and a Jew". Also recommend "No Reservations" and their live release Highway Song Live. After Siogo, their output really disappointed as it became watered down impotent dreck.
Old 07-03-13, 08:17 AM

I have these three on cd already, but I could use an upgrade. Most of the time Rock Candy does a good job, but once in a while they come out with a dud. After I buy one of these new cd's i'll post on here what I think of it. Strikes was good/ ok. But is the weaker of the three. Never heard No Reservations. If these releases turn out to be very good, I might try the Live cd also. But only if the other cd's are worth it.
Old 07-04-13, 02:47 PM

Due out Aug 13. Going to try out Tomcatin first and if that goes well, I'll grab the other two.
Old 11-13-13, 12:53 PM

Well, just got Tomcatin. It's ok, but not much different from the original cd. I think i'll pass on getting the others. Not that I don't like Blackfoot or these cd's. But it doesn't seem to be worth it to buy these remasters IF you already have the originals.
Old 02-17-14, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I found Tomcattin' to be the most authentic Blackfoot album. There's not a bad rattler in the snake pit.