The Killing -- "Head Shots" -- 6/16/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-16-13, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Synopsis:

The task force shuts down a business; Sarah and Holder unite; and Seward is offered motivation to comply with orders.

Episode 4 of 12

Last edited by DJariya; 06-17-13 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-17-13, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Killing -- "Head Shots" -- 6/16/13

Loved Holder interrogating the "Mamasan" That was a great scene.

Okay, what the hell was the deal with "Twitch"? So, he got fucked in the ass by his pimp and felt his manhood was threatened, so he had to pick a fight with those thugs?

Looks like Danette's sleazy boyfriend is the prime suspect for making those videos.

That woman is such a c**t.

at that black inmate who wouldn't shut up.

So far, so good. Season has been entertaining.
Old 06-17-13, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be the best new show on television. As of now, it's actually moved ahead of The Bates Motel for that distinction for me. Long time to go still, but it's been really, really good in my opinion. Holder and Linden even have a little of Mulder and Scully in them in how they care for one another and the sarcastic banter with each other.
Old 06-17-13, 10:11 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

New show? This is season 3.
Old 06-17-13, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Geofferson
New show? This is season 3.
Yes, obviously. But so far it's so completely better and different and tighter, all the good things about the show are there without almost any other the crap that derailed the latter part of season 1 and almost all of season 2.

It's like they started over with a better formula, so it's like a brand new show. Rosie Larsen and her annoying family and the annoying mayor, I know it all happened, but this show feels like it can stand alone from Season 3. The only thing you really miss from those seasons is the Holder/Linden relationship.

Otherwise, it could actually be brand new.

It's way too early to throw a party, but if they sustain this for the entire season, or come pretty close, I think a season 4 is a slam dunk. That's how much better it's been and color me surprised. I was someone who wanted it to get another chance, but I actually expected it to be maybe slightly better at best and to get cancelled again.

It's really exciting that this show, totally dead, is not only back on, but kind of kicking ass at this point.
Old 06-17-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one that thinks it's not that much better than S1 & S2?

It's about the same for me. I enjoy it, but it's not one of my favorite shows or anything.

Last edited by anomynous; 06-17-13 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 06:11 PM

Received 4,551 Likes on 3,087 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
Am I the only one that thinks it's not that much better than S1 & S2?

It's about the same for me. I enjoy it, but it's not one of my favorite shows or anything.
No... I'm pretty bored and contemplating dropping it... But then I think to myself... I sat through the whole fucking season of The Following... I can do this...
Old 06-18-13, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm with dolphinboy. The season thus far is miles better than S1 and S2. All prior weaknesses have essentially been rebooted to nonexistence. I haven't even considered dropping it as I may have had in prior seasons.

IMO, it's kicking ass right now.
Old 06-18-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Loved Holder interrogating the "Mamasan" That was a great scene.

Okay, what the hell was the deal with "Twitch"? So, he got fucked in the ass by his pimp and felt his manhood was threatened, so he had to pick a fight with those thugs?

Looks like Danette's sleazy boyfriend is the prime suspect for making those videos.

That woman is such a c**t.

at that black inmate who wouldn't shut up.

So far, so good. Season has been entertaining.
I thought that guy was his probation worker? He was blackmailing him about going back to juvenile hall because his urine came back 'dirty.' Apart from that, yeah, he was an idiot to get his ass kicked for no reason.

Regarding S3 vs S1&2, I definitely think this series is better than the first two, if only for the simple fact that it's not endless red herrings.

Loved this from Linden to Carl:

"Haven't you ever wondered why you haven't made sergeant?"
"Well, I'll tell you why... because 23 years of experience, and all you are is in the way"

BAM!
Old 06-18-13, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by andicus
I thought that guy was his probation worker? He was blackmailing him about going back to juvenile hall because his urine came back 'dirty.' Apart from that, yeah, he was an idiot to get his ass kicked for no reason.
Okay cool thanks. I couldn't really follow that scene and wasn't really sure who he was. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-18-13, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay cool thanks. I couldn't really follow that scene and wasn't really sure who he was. Thanks for the clarification.
!
I was still a little confused about the scene in the car. Are we to imply that the probation worker was lying about the urine test? It sure sounded like the kid was trying to stay clean.
Old 06-18-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am liking this season, but had DVR problems and missed last week's episode. Did I miss a lot plot wise?

Sometimes in watching this episode, I felt I didn't miss much. Other times, I felt I did.

Can someone fill me in on Elias Koteas' (sp?) character? And since I missed last week, how did Linden officially get back into the police department? Last I saw, she shot a cow and was certainly interested in this new case, but was in no way back in the fold with the boys in blue.
Old 06-18-13, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dave94
I was still a little confused about the scene in the car. Are we to imply that the probation worker was lying about the urine test? It sure sounded like the kid was trying to stay clean.
The kid reacted as if he was lying, but don't we later see the kid prepping his arm for what looks like a heroin injection?
Old 06-18-13, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
I am liking this season, but had DVR problems and missed last week's episode. Did I miss a lot plot wise?

Sometimes in watching this episode, I felt I didn't miss much. Other times, I felt I did.

Can someone fill me in on Elias Koteas' (sp?) character? And since I missed last week, how did Linden officially get back into the police department? Last I saw, she shot a cow and was certainly interested in this new case, but was in no way back in the fold with the boys in blue.
Here's a 5 minute video recap of episode 3. Skinner re-instated her because she found the mass grave and knows the case. Also it helped that they had a previous relationship, presumably sexual, but they are trying to move past it since his wife knew about the affair.

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2451357162001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-killing%2Fvideos%2Finside-episode-303-the-killing-seventeen&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2451357162001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-killing%2Fvideos%2Finside-episode-303-the-killing-seventeen&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCbQ~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 06-18-13, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very interesting, thanks for posting that.
Old 06-18-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if he was a genius, he wouldn't be out on the streets sucking dick for money.
Old 06-18-13, 03:04 PM

I believe we're led to believe the probation officer is the "bad man" (either filming or killing or both) the young women. He's in a position of power with the youth at risk and at best is just blackmailing the kids with stories of bad tests, etc. to get sex. He may not be doing the actual filming but might be acting as a broker (since it seems everybody on the tape is asked about being a virgin I think??) with pervs and these women on tape.

I think Twitch had been clean (though not necessarily a stand-up guy on the right path) and lost it after whatever happened in the back seat, so he got high and then didn't use the best judgement picking the fight and all that.
Old 06-18-13, 04:45 PM

I thought maybe he picked the fight to use as an excuse not to go to Cali. Instead of telling his girlfriend that he "failed" his test, he mentioned that now he couldn't go due to how he looked after the fight.
Old 06-19-13, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Who was that guy at the end?
Old 06-19-13, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ben12
Who was that guy at the end?
The cab driver/john who gave the girl his hash browns in a previous episode.