Hannibal -- "RELEVÉS" -- 6/13/13

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Hannibal -- "RELEVÉS" -- 6/13/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

After Georgia Madchen (Ellen Muth) dies in an explosion, Will (Hugh Dancy) asserts that the copy cat killer is still alive. The BAU team links Abigail (Kacey Rohl) to the Minnesota Shrike victims and plan to arrest her only to find Will has checked her out of the hospital. Will's hallucinations intensify, causing him to lose Abigail in Minnesota. Meanwhile, Hannibal's (Mads Milkkelson) subtle manipulation convinces Jack (Laurence Fishburne) that Will is capable of murder. Hannibal makes an astonishing admission to Abigail. Gillian Anderson, Lara Jean Chorostecki, guest.

Episode 12 of 13
Old 06-13-13, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Re: Hannibal -- "RELEVÉS" -- 6/13/13

Well, there goes that theory.
Old 06-14-13, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

So Gillian's character is not in his head, but is Hannibal the patient that tried to kill her? I don't remember the whole backstory, so has there been anything that would've made that not possible?

I'm a bit confused about Will losing time again... He was at the cabin with Abigail, but he woke up on the plane without her?
Old 06-14-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
So Gillian's character is not in his head, but is Hannibal the patient that tried to kill her? I don't remember the whole backstory, so has there been anything that would've made that not possible?

I'm a bit confused about Will losing time again... He was at the cabin with Abigail, but he woke up on the plane without her?
Doubtful Hannibal is the patient who tried to kill her. Their conversation heavily intimates that Hannibal was the one who killed said attacker.

As for Will waking up on the plane without her, yes, yet another instance of him losing time. What do you believe Jack's going to think after being told by Hannibal that Will's illness is manifesting itself by developing a personality based on Garret Jacob Hobbs and he returns absent Abigail?
Old 06-14-13, 01:38 AM

I took it that Hannibal "walked in" on the attack and killed the patient trying to kill Gillian's character. Sounds like another one of Hannibal's curiosity experiments - he knows patient is crazy, he recommends patient to a colleague, etc. I think she's always known Hannibal's been a bit off, but I think after Crawford's questioning her suspicions have been raised.
Old 06-14-13, 04:07 AM

Still loving the show, but I'm really not a fan of this plot development for the finale. There's no tension to it whatsoever because we know that Will isn't going to get convicted/go to prison for these crimes.
Old 06-14-13, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by malichai
Still loving the show, but I'm really not a fan of this plot development for the finale. There's no tension to it whatsoever because we know that Will isn't going to get convicted/go to prison for these crimes.
The tension IMO lies in whether or not Will discovers that Hannibal is the copycat he's been seeking during the finale, or if that's going to carryover into next season. I don't think anyone reasonably expects Will being a suspect will be a plot focus of any great duration.
Old 06-14-13, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by meritocracy
The tension IMO lies in whether or not Will discovers that Hannibal is the copycat he's been seeking during the finale, or if that's going to carryover into next season. I don't think anyone reasonably expects Will being a suspect will be a plot focus of any great duration.
I suppose, but I also don't think there's almost any chance of that since we already know they want to do Red Dragon in season 4. That tells me the soonest Will is going to catch Hannibal is the end of season 2, but more likely season 3.

But, I'm picking nits. This show absolutely fascinates me.
Old 06-14-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by meritocracy
True. Also I'm interested in how Jack Crawford interprets all these events. He already suspicious of Hannibal (in general) as shown in the last episode.

I'm glad they finally gave Gillian Anderson some interesting scenes. Loved that scene where she and Mads were together.

And that scene with Crawford and the two lab geeks was hilarious.

That last scene with Abigail and Hannibal was very intense and creepy. In general, you can see Will putting together the pieces of the mystery here and figuring out everything.
Old 06-14-13, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I had no idea that was Ellen Muth last week as the weird girl.
Old 06-14-13, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I had no idea that was Ellen Muth last week as the weird girl.
Yep. And her name was Georgia. And she was playing a dead person (sort of).
Old 06-15-13, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beesonosu
I took it that Hannibal "walked in" on the attack and killed the patient trying to kill Gillian's character.
I agree, and I wonder how he killed the patient. The say he swallowed his tongue which is how Miggs - Hannibal's cell block mate - died in 'Silence' after he was rude to Clarice. In the movie, he swallowed his tongue after they heard Hannibal was whispering to him all night.

The jerky movements of that chick was the stuff of my nightmares. That scene really tapped into something deep in me and freaked me the fuck out. I love how a broadcast network show can disturb me so much on a regular basis.
Old 06-15-13, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by malichai
I suppose, but I also don't think there's almost any chance of that since we already know they want to do Red Dragon in season 4. That tells me the soonest Will is going to catch Hannibal is the end of season 2, but more likely season 3.

But, I'm picking nits. This show absolutely fascinates me.
They have promised that the season finale will change the dynamic of the show for next season.
Old 06-15-13, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I think this show is really terrific. I did not buy Hannibal initially but last 6 or 7 episodes he has been spectacular.
Old 06-16-13, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Yep. And her name was Georgia. And she was playing a dead person (sort of).
Mind. Blown.

Man, this show has really turned into something special. I agree that some of the tension is hindered because you know Will won't put everything together, but I'm really curious to see how much Will will figure out.

I'm really curious to see how Mads is going to play Hannibal once he's out in the open as a killer. He's so great as this refined upper-crust coiled snake. It will be interesting to see his spin on the crazier side of Hannibal.
Old 06-16-13, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I'm really curious to see how Mads is going to play Hannibal once he's out in the open as a killer. He's so great as this refined upper-crust coiled snake. It will be interesting to see his spin on the crazier side of Hannibal.
Yeah, he really is great. The role of Hannibal is a tough one to fill, because the actor is always going to be in the shadow of Anthony Hopkins. The cool thing about Mads' performance is that you really get the sense that this is what the Hannibal Lecter that we saw in Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs (the books and the movies) would be like before he was captured.
Old 06-17-13, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieK
I agree, and I wonder how he killed the patient. The say he swallowed his tongue which is how Miggs - Hannibal's cell block mate - died in 'Silence' after he was rude to Clarice. In the movie, he swallowed his tongue after they heard Hannibal was whispering to him all night.

The jerky movements of that chick was the stuff of my nightmares. That scene really tapped into something deep in me and freaked me the fuck out. I love how a broadcast network show can disturb me so much on a regular basis.
Yeah, that was well done and creepy. Gave me goosebumps.