Burn Notice -- 100th episode -- "Forget Me Not" -- 6/13/13

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Burn Notice -- 100th episode -- "Forget Me Not" -- 6/13/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Michael returns to Miami in order to preserve his cover, but Strong puts a damper on his homecoming by forbidding Michael from contacting his friends.

Episode 2 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P-KQGVMxI70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-14-13, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Burn Notice -- 100th episode -- "Forget Me Not" -- 6/13/13

I liked the backstory with Fi and Michael and that the producers have ended it between them. It always seemed like the last couple of seasons, it made Michael more vulnerable and sometimes reckless when it comes to situations involving Fi and his overprotection of her. This way, they can concentrate on the jobs at hand that HRG has and whatever way they decide to end the series.
Old 06-14-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Hard to believe Fi could get kidnapped given all the manpower around the place.

The backstory was nice, but these last 2 episodes have been a grind.
Old 06-14-13, 08:29 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I've liked these two episodes a lot.

I do think it's bullshit Fi is giving Michael the dustoff after only 9 months. Especially with shacking up with another dude. You'd think that she would know by now that Michael is doing what he is doing for the greater good...
Old 06-14-13, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

For the last couple seasons, she hasn't cared about the "greater good," whatever that might be. She's been imploring Michael to cut all ties with the CIA and get out, and he refuses. So I find that completely believable.
Old 06-14-13, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I thought it was a great episode, better than the first. I'm glad they didn't drag about the separation, but it really seemed ridiculous how Michael saved Fi's life and she wouldn't even say a word. I just wish that bad guy would've been around a little longer. He was super evil on Spartacus and great here too.
Old 06-14-13, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Michael was the one to put her in harm's way to begin with. And she had that feeling anyway, so her saying goodbye the way she did was believable. I think it finally dawned on him at that point.
Old 06-14-13, 11:56 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Did they know this was going to be the final season going into it? I find it hard to believe that Michael and Fiona won't end up together.
Old 06-14-13, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Did they know this was going to be the final season going into it? I find it hard to believe that Michael and Fiona won't end up together.
From reading a few of Donovan's tweets it sounds like they are still filming. My guess is no, so USA announced it enough in advance for them to write the season as the last.
Old 06-14-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Any one else expect Daniel Day Lewis to show up during the first flashback?
Old 06-14-13, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I think it has been very apparent this would be the final season (if last season wasn't). The tension was always between what Miami wanted to do to redevelop the locations they commonly used and what the creators/USA wanted to do, which was end it this year. IIRC Miami settled on redeveloping those locations and that is already under way. That's why the show is going to look different this year in terms of setting (and I think maybe even why some of last year also looked different).
Old 06-16-13, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think it has been very apparent this would be the final season (if last season wasn't). The tension was always between what Miami wanted to do to redevelop the locations they commonly used and what the creators/USA wanted to do, which was end it this year. IIRC Miami settled on redeveloping those locations and that is already under way. That's why the show is going to look different this year in terms of setting (and I think maybe even why some of last year also looked different).
Thought we were seeing some new looking places.

Who made the decision that this would be the last season? Seems to me the series has run its course and it's about time. A lot of stuff was getting old, so I am glad they took such a different direction last season and appear to be continuing it into this one. I just hope when they do the end it isn't something that tries to beg for a movie.
Old 06-16-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the creator, the studio, and the network made the call. I don't recall any press from the principal actors indicating a desire to move on.

This is about the announcement of the final season:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/1...d-a-miami.html

Interesting that Miami Vice also had 111 episodes.

Oh and it looks like I was wrong. I swore that they went the other way, but they finally got the one last year okay on the Coconut Grove area they film the show in:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/08/03...grove-for-now/

Given that, I'm very sure the burning desire of Miami to redevelop that area had a lot to do with things. IIRC they have pushed back their plans maybe as much as 3 years now due to the show continuing. The open question is whether the demolition of the convention center that the production is paying for will be an on camera or off camera type of thing. The article above suggests off camera but does not squarely address the question.
Old 06-16-13, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

This was a solid step up from the premier. It was nice finally getting some flashback to a pre Burn Notice Fi & Michael. Also, despite the ending, I can't imagine Fi & Mike won't end up together though.
Old 06-17-13, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
This was a solid step up from the premier. It was nice finally getting some flashback to a pre Burn Notice Fi & Michael. Also, despite the ending, I can't imagine Fi & Mike won't end up together though.
I have no doubt that they will, but I hope they keep them apart until at least the last two episodes. We need to see how Mike functions without her.

In terms of the actors, Campbell will always be in demand for something or other. He's too much a B-list icon to not find work at this point, and is pretty much a god on the convention circuit. Donovan seems to have a pretty good work history with Clint Eastwood. The rest, who knows.
Old 06-17-13, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My guess would be that the 4th or 5th episode left will be Fi's love interest is not who he seems to be and she's the "client". They'll reconcile with probably the aforementioned two or three left.
Old 06-17-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Fiona's ass in that jumpsuit

Guess these first two episodes have been good. Glad we're headed to a final resolution. I was getting tired of the "oh wait, it's really THIS person behind it all!" shtick.

It's been a fun ride though, loved the "job of the week" episodes.
Old 06-17-13, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Unless they continue with Burn Notice movies in the future, I would be okay with Fi and Michael not reconciling. In fact, have both die.. and at the hands of Sam, the person that was behind it all.
Old 06-17-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

Let's be honest....this isn't the best show ever made or anything but it has charm.....A LOT of charm.

The characters are what makes it work......even though Bruce Campbell can't really act, Jessie gets a little annoying, etc....

With that said though....these two episodes so far have been solid - I really liked this one.

I've seriously started at season one and watched every season to get current. I guess I like the locale of where the show takes place as well.

Oh and yes, this is the last season for sure - Jefferey Donovan has stated so numerous times already.

Maybe we'll see him in Blair Witch 3
Old 06-17-13, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually hope we see him take a sort of Jay Karnes trip around whatever shows are hot at the moment. A Donovan guest shot as the man of the dawning 70s on the final season of Mad Men? I'll take it. A mini-arc on Justified as somebody for Raylan to bounce off of? Groovy.