Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Novice -- S: Chuck Norris, D: Aaron Norris -- Chuck Norris' Final Film? (2014?)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Novice -- S: Chuck Norris, D: Aaron Norris -- Chuck Norris' Final Film? (2014?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-13, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Synopsis:

A young man, who has his whole life planned out, befriends his neighbor unaware that he’s a legendary Hit man (Chuck Norris) who now has a price on his head. With assassins trying to kill “the legend” so they can make a name for themselves, the young man realizes the Hit man is not only trying to save the young man’s life but is training him to take over his deadly profession as a Hit man.

Has anyone heard about this movie? There isn't much information about it. It's reportedly Chuck Norris' final movie before he retires for good.

It reportedly has a $20M budget, is being shot in Houston.

The production company behind it is Tayrona studios. It sounds like it's going to be a straight to video release if it ever gets made and released.
Old 06-08-13, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Novice -- S: Chuck Norris, D: Aaron Norris -- Chuck Norris' Final Film? (201

I have not heard of this project.

Chuck Norris is the worst "leading man" I've ever seen on the big screen. Bar none.

His work on Walker, Texas Ranger is even worse. He is unbelievably awful in everything.

I do like Code of Silence though, but that's largely because of Andrew Davis.
Old 06-08-13, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Novice -- S: Chuck Norris, D: Aaron Norris -- Chuck Norris' Final Film? (201

An old school action star movie thread wouldn't be complete without Jumpcutz completely shitting on it.
Old 06-08-13, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
An old school action star movie thread wouldn't be complete without Jumpcutz completely shitting on it.

You got me.

He is dreadful though, give me at least that. Yet I can certainly understand his appeal... he would kick some major ass in his fighting sequences.
Old 06-08-13, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk God

I'm a fan of Norris since I saw A Force of One in theaters in the late 70's. He has never been regarded as a good actor, but he's a more than serviceable action hero because of his many years of martial arts training. What 80's action hero was regarded as a great actor?

And yes, IMO Code of Silence is his best feature film. Walker was fun IMO because of the cheese factor and his martial arts fight scenes.

He's 73 years old now. If this movie is getting made, there is no way it will get a theatrical release.
Old 06-08-13, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Chuck Norris isn't retiring from film. Film is retiring from Chuck Norris.
Old 06-08-13, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I kinda like the plot. If they keep it simple and low key, like that plot summary suggests, this could be a fun swan song for Norris.
Old 06-08-13, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The best Norris film for me is Silent Rage. And that's the only one I like. I can't handle the other ones. I'd kill to get Silent Rage on BD. I don't hate him though he is fun for me.

This little premise there could work out good if it they hit the right marks.
Old 06-08-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A guy came into my shop today wearing a Norris 'Facts' Tee.

I've never understood his appeal and the movies he has been in are god awful.

Having said that, his persona is more entertaining than that of his characters or films.
Old 06-08-13, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Houston huh? I need to track this down...
Old 06-08-13, 09:13 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
The best Norris film for me is Silent Rage. And that's the only one I like. I can't handle the other ones. I'd kill to get Silent Rage on BD. I don't hate him though he is fun for me.

This little premise there could work out good if it they hit the right marks.
Agreed. Great movie. Watched it again a cople weeks ago. Surprisingly, it holds up fairly well (or as good as a Norris movie can)
Old 06-08-13, 09:50 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Sounds terrible. This must be part of the "1000 years of darkness" that Norris was screaming about.
Old 06-08-13, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just think it's the best directed one. The intro has some camera work I didn't expect in a Norris film.

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Agreed. Great movie. Watched it again a cople weeks ago. Surprisingly, it holds up fairly well (or as good as a Norris movie can)
Old 06-09-13, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I saw very few Norris films in theaters, whereas I saw quite a few Seagal, Van Damme and Jackie Chan movies in theaters. But I am grateful I saw INVASION USA on 42nd Street. That was a good choice. But when I later saw CODE OF SILENCE and LONE WOLF MCQUADE on video, I wished I'd seen them in theaters also. But there isn't much else in the Norris filmography I have any real appreciation for.