Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Caramoan -- "Last Push" -- Season Finale & Reunion -- Sunday, May 12th

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
Cochran
88.00%
Dawn
4.00%
Eddie
8.00%
Erik
0%
Sherri
0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Caramoan -- "Last Push" -- Season Finale & Reunion -- Sunday, May 12th

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-13, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Favorites:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Fans:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

"Last Push" - With the title of Sole Survivor on the line and $1 million within arm's reach, one castaway falls victim to a heartbreaking medical emergency, on the two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN - FANS vs. FAVORITES, followed by the live one-hour reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, Sunday, May 12 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2SwPIireG

Rooting for Cochran! My second choice would be Eddie, I suppose, but he isn't very deserving. Fuck the rest of them.

Secondary poll:

Who will be hotter at the reunion - Andrea or Brenda? Discuss
Old 05-10-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Survivor: Caramoan -- "Last Push" -- Season Finale & Reunion -- Sunday, May 12th

Well, Brenda will be very pregnant so while I'm sure she's still pretty I don't know how "hot" she'll be.
Old 05-10-13, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Survivor: Caramoan -- "Last Push" -- Season Finale & Reunion -- Sunday, May 12th

Absolutely no chance Dawn comes out on top, no matter who she goes to the final with, MAYBE with Sherri and Erik, but I doubt it.
Old 05-10-13, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know who would win in that threesome (I'd wager Erik), but I can't see it being Dawn. The timing and her participation in the Brenda vote out was not very popular with the jury. The only vote I see Dawn getting in that scenario is Cochran, and I don't even think that would be definite.
Old 05-10-13, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I think that Eric, Cochran, or Eddie could win.

Sherri and Dawn don't stand a chance.
Old 05-10-13, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope that Cochran wins... I think that it may be Erik (best in physical immunities) though.
Old 05-10-13, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Dawn has quit Twitter after too many abusive comments from Survivor fans: http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...-quits-twitter
Old 05-10-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Well, Brenda will be very pregnant so while I'm sure she's still pretty I don't know how "hot" she'll be.
Old 05-11-13, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Dawn has quit Twitter after too many abusive comments from Survivor fans: http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...-quits-twitter
That same site has a story here that says Brandon won't be at the reunion show by orders of CBS and/or the show's producers. It also indicates Russell Hantz has threatened Phillip.

Edit: Just noticed this story was posted in the thread for Wednesday night's episode. I'll leave the info here as well since it pertains to the finale.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 05-11-13 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-11-13, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://erikreichenbach.deviantart.com/

I had no idea until he posted those on his twitter what a great artist erik is
Old 05-11-13, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
These people need to be put on some sort of watch list. That's just odd and scary.

Dawn may be extremely annoying and very emotional, but she has played a very good game. There were at least 2-3 major evictions that would have never gone the way they did without Dawn. She had the trust of so many people to where they felt they could tell her anything...they ended up telling her everything and were voted out.

There are only two people that deserve to win this game...Cochran and Dawn. I'm surprised to see people think Erik should or could win. The guy hasn't had a clue as to what's going on all season. Even if he somehow slips into the final 3, he won't get a single vote.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. He could get 1 vote from Eddie. They're both pretty fucking dumb.

Last edited by dino88; 05-11-13 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-11-13, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If Cochran makes final three, he wins. However, he better win the last two immunities because I actually predict a Goat Rebellion from his carefully tended goat herd. No one will want to sit next to him at final. Either Dawn or Eddie will broker the rebellion.
Old 05-11-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Dawn may be extremely annoying and very emotional, but she has played a very good game. There were at least 2-3 major evictions that would have never gone the way they did without Dawn. She had the trust of so many people to where they felt they could tell her anything...they ended up telling her everything and were voted out.

There are only two people that deserve to win this game...Cochran and Dawn. I'm surprised to see people think Erik should or could win. The guy hasn't had a clue as to what's going on all season. Even if he somehow slips into the final 3, he won't get a single vote.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. He could get 1 vote from Eddie. They're both pretty fucking dumb.
Bitter juries have made some awful votes in previous seasons. If Erik is in the Finals against anybody but Cochran I think he has a shot. He hasn't made anyone upset. He's been playing a "go with the flow" and "as long as it isn't me" strategy ... kind of like two-time winner Sandra (and he's not a physical zero like Sandra). Of course he's no where near as good a player as Sandra. He seems incapable of expressing himself verbally with any intelligence ... not a good flaw for final Tribal Council. But if he pulls it together and isn't awful I can see him winning.

Dawn's trouble isn't so much the back-stabbing. It's the back-stabbing combined with her own emotional instability. It made the betrayals much worse than if done by someone seeming to play a purely strategic game. I don't think she's going to do well at Final Tribal council either. I fully expect her to cry and beg forgiveness from the jury. For a back-stabber to have a chance at winning, they have to completely own up to their gameplay.

Originally Posted by OldDude
If Cochran makes final three, he wins. However, he better win the last two immunities because I actually predict a Goat Rebellion from his carefully tended goat herd. No one will want to sit next to him at final. Either Dawn or Eddie will broker the rebellion.
Do you really see Eddie capable of strategic thought? Eddie and Erik are such strategic non-entities that time may have run out for a goat rebellion (I like that phrase! ). Cochran's done really well by having the people in his alliance who were talking about voting him out go first.

I think the person who can cause the most trouble for Cochran is Sherri. We've forgotten how strategic she was at the start of the game (and it says something how she was able to completely switch up her game after the merge and never be in trouble). Sherri's not dumb and has to see that Cochran is awful person to take to the end. I can see Sherri talking with Dawn about this. Putting Dawn in the position to make one more betrayal (either another snitch move by tattling to Cochran right away, or a backstab of Cochran).
Old 05-11-13, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, Dawn's major problem is that she's been an emotional basket case out there and has heavily relied on many of her fellow contestants to prop herself up. That's the main difference between what Dawn and Cochran have done.

I watched quite a few of the Brenda interviews, and she didn't so much have a problem being voted out. She respected what Cochran did, and she still keeps in touch with him. The difference is that while she and Cochran were friends out there; he didn't heavily lean on her emotionally to maintain his sanity.

Everyone out there has seen how Dawn has played, and like Braintree said she's not going to cop to it as some sort of strategy (and I don't even think it was a strategy). Her Brenda betrayal did not play well to that jury. I don't see any way she can overcome that. She's drawing dead.

Erik and Eddie don't have those problems. Eddie has floated along in the minority alliance never having to make a decision or really play the game. But I doubt he makes it to the end. No one would want him there b/c he has guaranteed votes. He's also shown no real appitude for the challenges.

Erik has played an interesting, under the radar type game that was similar to Brenda's, as they both ended up on the wrong side of six person alliance right out of the box. The struggle he'll have is to prove he was playing. The good thing is that he hasn't really burned anybody. B/C of this I think he can even beat Cochran as long as he doesn't completely choke at tribal council. But we are talking about a guy who gave away final five immunity so....

I don't think anyone really respects Sherri out there. The only fans left (sans Michael) are the ones that didn't like her at all. Unless she pulls a big move she'll be seen as a Cochran puppet by the favorites, and if she does pull a big move then she'll have to beat either Erik or Eddie. She's in a tough spot.
Old 05-11-13, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I don't think anyone really respects Sherri out there. The only fans left (sans Michael) are the ones that didn't like her at all. Unless she pulls a big move she'll be seen as a Cochran puppet by the favorites, and if she does pull a big move then she'll have to beat either Erik or Eddie. She's in a tough spot.
On this week's Q&A (with ew.com), Probst was asked to give a run-down of everyone's chances at winning. He's been asked these kinds of questions in the past, and it's usually pretty pointless ... he knows who makes it to the end (and probably who wins) but he wants to drum up suspense for the readers/viewers. But when asked about Sherri, he had to admit she has no shot at all at winning
Old 05-11-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
On this week's Q&A (with ew.com), Probst was asked to give a run-down of everyone's chances at winning. He's been asked these kinds of questions in the past, and it's usually pretty pointless ... he knows who makes it to the end (and probably who wins) but he wants to drum up suspense for the readers/viewers. But when asked about Sherri, he had to admit she has no shot at all at winning
Well, I think she could win a final two against Dawn, but that's really about it.
Old 05-11-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Do you really see Eddie capable of strategic thought? Eddie and Erik are such strategic non-entities that time may have run out for a goat rebellion (I like that phrase! ). Cochran's done really well by having the people in his alliance who were talking about voting him out go first.

I think the person who can cause the most trouble for Cochran is Sherri. We've forgotten how strategic she was at the start of the game (and it says something how she was able to completely switch up her game after the merge and never be in trouble). Sherri's not dumb and has to see that Cochran is awful person to take to the end. I can see Sherri talking with Dawn about this. Putting Dawn in the position to make one more betrayal (either another snitch move by tattling to Cochran right away, or a backstab of Cochran).
Dawn might lead the rebellion and approach the others.

If not, I don't think the others will approach Dawn. It would be a 3-2 rebellion. Eddie at least knows he is desperate, but Sherri might also organize the other two. Eric is clearly incapable of leading a rebellion and is even dubious on following instructions. A whole herd of goats would make an interesting final.

The previews imply a medevac and depending on who goes, the above might be impossible, or the goats might be too stupid, so it is long shot, but it might happen.
Old 05-11-13, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My God, imagine dawn and sherri at the end. I don't think I'd be able to cast a vote. Is sherri as hated as dawn on the survivor death panels?
Old 05-11-13, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am not sure why Sherri is so hated by some fans. She betrayed no one like Dawn and has just been under the radar. Hatin Sherri at this point is like hating a rock or some firewood in the background.
Old 05-11-13, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howie2000
I am not sure why Sherri is so hated by some fans. She betrayed no one like Dawn and has just been under the radar. Hatin Sherri at this point is like hating a rock or some firewood in the background.
Is Sherri hated? I stay away from specific Survivor fan forums during the season because trolls love to spoil the show. She's gotten so little airtime post-merge that I don't get what hate would be based on (unless fans are pissed their favorites are going instead of her).

She's played a good game to get to the end ... it's just not the kind of game that makes one a fan favorite. She found her Phillip in the other tribe and was in charge of the dominant alliance. After the merge she immediately hooked up with the real Phillip and worked her way into Stealth R Us. And by the time Phillip was gone we find out she got in tight with Dawn and Cochran.
Old 05-11-13, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldDude
Eric is clearly incapable of leading a rebellion and is even dubious on following instructions.
I think this last episode (and some of the inteviews afterward) clarified where Erik has been most of this season. Erik's been with Brenda. The show editors, for whatever reason, just chose not reveal that information to us. It might not have been some sort of ride or die "final 2" alliance, but they clearly kept in contact after that first vote went array.
Old 05-11-13, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
She doesn't have to do anything but be herself. She's just not very likable.
Old 05-11-13, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just based on the little bit we actually get to see on television, I'd have NO problem giving the 1 million dollars to Dawn. The fact that her constant breakdowns make me wince almost every time that I see her on my screen doesn't make her a villain, just very, very, very, annoying.

I don't think any of us really knows who's been "playing" and who's not. Brenda sure didn't seem to be doing anything, but according to her, she was and got a bad edit. I wasn't there.

Andrea, Cochran and certainly Malcolm seemed to be the people who were playing Survivor AND doing well in challenges. Those 3, from the tv edit, seemed to be the leaders when it came to actively be playing people and not just "coasting" along. Some players have made coasting look artful and it's certainly a good strategy if done well. If I thought Sherri or Erik or Eddie were really masterminds at laying low and they were also likable characters (this is where I lose Sherri), I'd kind of be rooting for one of them.

Dawn is no more of a back-stabber than is Cochran. That Dawn might have relied on Brenda for emotional support means nothing to me. It's no less a betrayal than Cochran (who Andrea clearly thought she was tight with) getting rid of my soon to be 2nd wife. Cochran and Dawn are the power players left, as sad as that might be to say/write/type from what I've seen.

If Cochran is there, I think Dawn's behavior should cost her any chance at the game. That's how Survivor is. But if the tv edit is anywhere close to being accurate and a bitter jury, for example, gave it to Erik or Eddie (two of the dumbest players in Survivor history), well, I guess a lot of the Dawn haters would celebrate, but I wouldn't. She's done what she needed to to advance. I'm not a fan of hers and I'd personally like to see Cochran win despite him being the main reason one of my favorite players (and the love of my life) was voted out.

But I just don't see where the Dawn hate comes from. Phillip is crazy, Brandon is crazy and dangerous and Russell still is out there finding a way to live off of the attention this show brought him for being a FAR worse person in every possible way than Dawn.

It would certainly be fun to see the dorky super-fan win tomorrow, but if he's not there to win it, Dawn is better than anyone else. Because all the people I really like either got voted out early or are on the jury anyway.

This is the only forum that I read or participate in and I'm sure some will disagree, but at least we don't have the loons that I hear about in all these Survivor forums who have nothing better to do than to drive a middle age woman off social media because they didn't like her on a game show. A highly edited and slightly rigged game show at that.
Old 05-11-13, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The cynic in me says Dawn being "driven off social media" was just to change the narrative. Poor Dawn. Always the victim. Brenda are you sure you don't want to publically forgive Dawn and tell everyone what a great person she is. Leave poor Dawn alone.

Dawn engaged the fans a lot. Supposedly she had more than 100,000 twitter followers. If you don't want anyone critcizing you then don't put yourself out there like that.

And Dawn should lose for playing Cochran's game. Blindsiding Brenda off then was great for him but so wrong-footed for her that it deserves to cost her any chance at the game. Jury perception is important.
Old 05-11-13, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
It's no less a betrayal than Cochran (who Andrea clearly thought she was tight with) getting rid of my soon to be 2nd wife.

I'm not a fan of hers and I'd personally like to see Cochran win despite him being the main reason one of my favorite players (and the love of my life) was voted out.
And don't think I'm not going to tell Susie about this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.