Reload this Page >

The Sims 4 (PC/MAC) Coming 2014

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-06-13, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maxis announced The Sims 4 this morning, coming to PC and Mac in 2014. More details are due later today, EA said.

"The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world," reads EA's announcement. "Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world's most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide."
Old 05-06-13, 10:12 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Re: The Sims 4 (PC/MAC) Coming 2014

And with the new engine, they get to recycle every add on pack yet again at $40 each.
Old 05-08-13, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuck Maxis and EA both. If Maxis manages to turn Sim City into a fun, playable game, maybe I will consider buying another one of their products. You'd have to be crazy to get excited about anything from these jokers again.
Old 05-08-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nausicaa

Fuck Maxis and EA both. If Maxis manages to turn Sim City into a fun, playable game, maybe I will consider buying another one of their products. You'd have to be crazy to get excited about anything from these jokers again.
I'm sure all the casual players of the Sims franchise couldn't give too shits about Maxis or EA.
Old 05-08-13, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PerryD
And with the new engine, they get to recycle every add on pack yet again at $40 each.
A game is one thing, these have about a dozen expansion packs that keep having to release them to give the players the same gaming experience they have two two or three times before. It would have to be something amazing for some people to do this all over again.

Things like pets should just be part of the regular game, like weather, nope, toss out another pack for the cost of what a game should cost itself.

I only played a little of Sims 2 and mostly ended up building homes, I am not the target for these games, I know someone that enjoys them and not sure they want to wait three years for the game to even become closer to what they are currently playing.
Old 05-08-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After The Sims 3 was completely unplayable on the Mac (and still hasn't been fixed) and the "always online" Sim City debacle, Maxis can go fuck themselves.
Old 05-08-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts

Add me to the not excited as I would have been before Sim city crowd.