Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

BB.com Fringe,Smallville,Supernatural,Vampire Diaries Set Sale ($12.99 each if Buy 3)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

BB.com Fringe,Smallville,Supernatural,Vampire Diaries Set Sale ($12.99 each if Buy 3)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Select sets: 25% Off Two Select TV Series or 35% Off Three
Add more TV titles to your DVD and Blu-ray collection. When you put two of the TV shows below in your cart, you'll get 25% off the total. Choose three and get 35% off. Plus, all the titles ship for free.

$19.99 ($14.99 each if buy 2, $12.99 each if you buy 3)
Fringe: The Complete First Season [5 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Fringe: The Complete Second Season [4 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Fringe: The Complete Third Season [4 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Supernatural: The Complete First Season [4 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Supernatural: The Complete Second Season [4 Discs]
Supernatural: The Complete Third Season [3 Discs / Blu-ray]
Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season [4 Discs / Blu-ray]
Supernatural: The Complete Sixth Season [4 Discs] [Blu-ray]
Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season [4 Discs / Blu-Ray]
Smallville: The Complete Seventh Season [3 Discs / Blu-ray]
Smallville: The Complete Eighth Season [6 Discs / Blu-ray]
Smallville: Complete Tenth Season (4 Disc) (Blu-ray Disc)
Vampire Diaries: The Complete Second Season [4 Discs] [Blu-ray]

Spoiler:
$14.99
Entourage: The Complete Sixth Season [3 Discs] (DVD)
Entourage: The Complete Fifth Season [3 Discs] (DVD)

$16.99
Chuck: The Complete Second Season [6 Discs] (DVD)
Fringe: The Complete First Season [7 Discs] (DVD)
Mentalist: The Complete First Season [6 Discs] (DVD)
Eastbound & Down: The Complete First Season [2 Discs] (DVD)

$17.99
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Seventh Season [2 Discs] (DVD)
Old 04-28-13, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BB.com Fringe,Smallville,Supernatural,Vampire Diaries Set Sale ($12.99 each if Bu

In for Fringe.
Old 04-28-13, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: BB.com Fringe,Smallville,Supernatural,Vampire Diaries Set Sale ($12.99 each if Bu

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Thanks OP!

I assume this is good in-store since the 'Pickup' option is available when you have these items in the cart?
The link says it's not available in-store. When you choose store pickup, you're still technically buying from the website.
Old 04-28-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
The link says it's not available in-store. When you choose store pickup, you're still technically buying from the website.
Thanks for the heads up! This would be TOO good with the U&S
Old 04-28-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And I thought I was getting a good deal on Fringe for ~$20-$22 per season from WBShop some time back. Bother. Never fails.
Old 04-28-13, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Why the spoiler tag?
Old 04-28-13, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Old 04-28-13, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good deal on Fringe, but I wonder if I should just wait for the complete series.

Supernatural and Vampire Diaries were 13.99 last year during U&S. Of course I haven't opened them .... only a buck a piece difference, but it's one reason I haven't jumped on my missing seasons of Smallville, even at this price. (Plus it'd still be almost 60 bucks I don't want to spend right now).

Thanks OP, (I hate marginal deals like this. Tempted, but we'll see) [Marginal not because they are not cheap, but because I really don't need them and they aren't SUPER cheap]

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 04-28-13 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-28-13, 05:41 PM

thanks for the heads-up! ended up getting smallville s8-10. after RZ certificates and a gift card i had, got them all for no money out-of-pocket.

since they're unlikely to come out with the full series on blu-ray, figured i might as well go this route as it's the cheapest i've seen these seasons at. except for when s6-7 were available at big lots for $6, which is when i got those two
Old 04-28-13, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Good deal on Fringe, but I wonder if I should just wait for the complete series.
I posted a thread in HD talk awhile ago. There are no special discs for Fringe the complete series. It's just the individual seasons packed together.

It's currently $179 on amazon.com for all 5 seasons. Comes out May 7th.
Old 04-28-13, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd get the individual seasons of Fringe. $180/5 = $36. :blu-rayouch:
Old 04-28-13, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Thanks for the heads up! This would be TOO good with the U&S
I was in the store today, they have the same sale in store
Old 04-29-13, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So, should we buy these individual Star Trek releases or just wait until another sale on Amazon or wherever to get the collections. 5 movies would be $25 with U&S, but if we get more features on each disc, then I'm going that route.
Old 04-29-13, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Blu Soul
I was in the store today, they have the same sale in store
Curious if it works with U&S. I think they may need to total out the titles first, THEN present the U&S coupon. If they scan the coupons before totaling it, I suspect the discounts will not be correct.
Old 04-29-13, 12:44 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

If U&S works with this deal (which I doubt) then I would definitely be interested in jumping on some of these as well.
Old 04-29-13, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, the deal is no good in stores. I tried it at two different stores and had the same thing happen twice. It wouldn't take off the discount, so they all rang up $19.99. Each place was willing to drop it down to $12.99, but would not take the upgrade and save coupon on top of that since it wouldn't scan and would have to be manually adjusted again. Oh well. I did just notice that Fringe is streaming free with Amazon Prime, so I'll probably just check it out on there.
Old 05-01-13, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

To quote the genius Curly Howard "if at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do suck seed".

This offer definitely doesn't work in store but BB is generally good at PM'ing their website provided you don't attempt to use any other coupons or promos whatsoever in the transaction, but that's no fun...

There were 3 TV season BDs I was interested in. As expected, I was denied the $12.99 PM to their online store combined with U&S to make it $7.99 at my normal deny store. In fact, I knew I was denied before I got to the counter because the guy I nicknamed "deny boy" from previous occasions was there. However, I tried at a different store that is generally cooler and was able to get a nice employee to override and a nice supervisor who approved it, so $7.99 x 3 after U&S. This employee would've let me do as many as I wanted, but I already had the rest of the seasons. It makes me wish I hadn't jumped on Fringe S1-S3 BDs when they were 3 seasons for $56 at WB Shop a year ago.