Old 04-17-13, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Caramoan -- "Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest" -- 4/17/13

Favorites:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Fans:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest" - An accident threatens one castaway's future in the game, and in one of the most shocking Tribal Councils, a huge revelation forces an alliance to scramble and potentially turn on each other, on SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN - FANS vs. FAVORITES, Wednesday, April 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/2...#ixzz2QktAcBxV
Old 04-17-13, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Survivor: Caramoan -- "Zipping Over the Cuckoo's Nest" -- 4/17/13

Probst says it's one of the season's best...we'll see.

At this point I'd be happy with anybody but Phil or Dawn winning.
Old 04-17-13, 07:09 PM

Received 771 Likes on 504 Posts

Brenda the Tooth Fairy!
Old 04-17-13, 07:09 PM
Suspended

Aaaaah!!! God I fucking hate crybabies...
Old 04-17-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

That was one of most entertaining and satisfying tribals ever.
Old 04-17-13, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That tribal is why I still love this show. Fun stuff!
Old 04-17-13, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,008 Likes on 614 Posts

I don't care if the idol was a plant or not. Great fucking tribal council. Fuck wacko "Fillup." Get Dawn out of there next pretty please.
Old 04-17-13, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank God that loser is gone.
Old 04-17-13, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Good stuff. I imagine the 6 will still stick together though. And I'd guess Dawn will make it far just because she's not perceived as much of a threat to win the game. I'm rooting for Cochrane if none of the "3 amigos" make it.
Old 04-17-13, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Well that was entertaining. Still sick of these easy to find Idols though. They have dispensed with clues to find them.
Old 04-17-13, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Phillip jumping into the pool without showering and leaving a big cloud of mud and dirt.

Great tribal council. I had a feeling going in that Malcolm would give Eddie one of his idols and knock out one of the "seven." Though I figured they would just whip out idols after the vote instead of letting everyone know they had them during the TC. Nice way to throw it into chaos.

I would root for Malcolm, but I don't think he's going to make it to the end. There's too big of a target on him, and I don't think he (or Eddie or Reynold) will make it to the final two/three. Guess I'll have to push for Cochrane.
Old 04-17-13, 09:25 PM

I'm rooting for Cochran.
Old 04-17-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Brenda the Tooth Fairy!
Maybe you have to be a woman to understand ... but how bad of a thing was that even? There was some kind of accident and she lost a tooth (or two). Who would even care? If anything, that would make her look like more of a bad-ass competitor ... which would help her standing in the game.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Still sick of these easy to find Idols though. They have dispensed with clues to find them.
Amen! And since we're down to one tribe, having two HIIs in play is way too much.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I had a feeling going in that Malcolm would give Eddie one of his idols and knock out one of the "seven." Though I figured they would just whip out idols after the vote instead of letting everyone know they had them during the TC. Nice way to throw it into chaos.
I haven't been much of an Eddie fan this season, but I laughed at his stupid grin when he got the HII. Really smart play of "announcing" things the way they did. Drums up the paranoia in the S-R-Us group. Now they have a chance to get flippers. Argue to Sherri that she's #6 in that alliance. And all the people whispering Andrea's name ... she had to hear some of that. Get those two and the Amigos have control.

I don't know why Michael was celebrating so much on the jury ... he has to spend 3 days alone with Phillip at Ponderosa now
Old 04-17-13, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In the past, have they put a 2nd idol in play when one was still out there post merge? I thought they didn't (but could be remembering this completely wrong)

On next week's Survivor... Malcom finds a "hidden" immunity idol under his chair at tribal council. On his way to giving the Jeff the idol to play he trips over another hidden immunity idol and picks it up. Jeff in a state of shock, says "wow what are the odds of that happening?"
Old 04-17-13, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Fillup!

I liked the chaos from the TC, but I think things could have been much more interesting if the "Three Amigos" hadn't announced Phillip was getting their votes. Instead, they could have asked the others who they wanted to see gone to really stir things up. As it was, the other 6 had to feel somewhat confident just sticking with the original plan and letting Phillip take the fall.
Old 04-17-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Guess you should have tried for immunity after all, Phillip! Good riddance! The man thinks he never does anything wrong (even when he mucks up a clean pool for everyone else with his filthy body). Dumb ass. I loved how tribal played out.
Old 04-17-13, 11:25 PM

Received 771 Likes on 504 Posts

I love how Eric flipped on the S-R-US and voted for "Fillup".
Old 04-18-13, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know I'm like a broken record, but every week I'm still paying the closest attention to Andrea. I'm rooting for her in challenges and upset even if she doesn't even get the reward. I was happy to see Phillip go, I have to assume Boston Rob cringed every time he brought up his name, but I was more relieved to see Andrea stay than anything else.

I thought Dawn's crying "episode" was pretty weird, but sleep deprivation on a show like this has to be awful on anyone and once she did sleep, she seemed pretty normal again (for her).

Maybe I'm the one who sucks at the game, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to hook their wagon to a group of 3 strong guys at this point? If there is a flip and the 3 guys stay strong, you're probably looking at the winner out of that group. Season after season it seems people want to think about getting to the end, but not about winning at the end.

And, seriously, I don't like Brenda (even more now that she seemed really eager to get rid of Andrea), but has anyone come this far in the game and gotten less time to talk? She won that one challenge and still didn't get any talking time, so her finding Dawn's retainer is just about the biggest thing to happen in her edit all season and next week is Jury member 3 already.

Oh, and not that this is new, just as last week's immunity favored a smaller person and therefore, likely a girl, there was NEVER a doubt in my mind that when they showed this week's immunity challenge that it would be either Malcolm or Reynold. I, personally, missed it when they stopped doing water challenges and do get bored with stuff where you have to just balance cups or plates or something, but there was NO chance (NONE) of a female getting the win in that final leg. Brenda got in because of a mistake and the strongest female, Andrea, was a total non-factor.
Old 04-18-13, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Of course, it was Philip's plan all along to get voted out.
Old 04-18-13, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't judge Dawn. Honestly with so little sleep, so little food and such intense mental pressure, I think it would be VERY easy to blow small things like that out of proportion.

If anyone, I blame the CBS teaser gods for making us think all week that there was going to be a major meltdown. Instead, five minutes into the show it was over and Dawn was saying, "Wow, I got a good night's sleep and I feel great."
Old 04-18-13, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,008 Likes on 614 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Fillup!

I liked the chaos from the TC, but I think things could have been much more interesting if the "Three Amigos" hadn't announced Phillip was getting their votes. Instead, they could have asked the others who they wanted to see gone to really stir things up. As it was, the other 6 had to feel somewhat confident just sticking with the original plan and letting Phillip take the fall.
I agree, that would have been a cool way to watch it play out.
Old 04-18-13, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if, before Erik called it out, the plan was to not play the idols? That would have been the topper on the whole thing if they could have kept the idols.
Old 04-18-13, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
I wonder if, before Erik called it out, the plan was to not play the idols? That would have been the topper on the whole thing if they could have kept the idols.
That's certainly what we're led to believe. Malcolm hinted at not actually playing the idol(s). Even after Erik's statement, if Phillip hadn't told the group to go with the original plan, I'm not sure how things would have turned out.
Old 04-18-13, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Even though i'm in love with Andrea, i have to say that i'm fully pulling for Cochran at this point. The kid is just having fun, no matter what happens around him. I love that attitude. And the line he has in the teaser for last week just cemented that i'm on his side. Just classic.

Dream scenario for me would be Andrea, Brenda, and Cochran in the final 3 with Cochran winning.
Old 04-18-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
Even though i'm in love with Andrea, i have to say that i'm fully pulling for Cochran at this point. The kid is just having fun, no matter what happens around him. I love that attitude. And the line he has in the teaser for last week just cemented that i'm on his side. Just classic.

Dream scenario for me would be Andrea, Brenda, and Cochran in the final 3 with Cochran winning.
I like that Jeff turns to Cochran for analysis. Cochran is both a player and a commentator.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.